THE EFL HEARING THREAD

9 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

i don't! 

i'm just saying that because we make a signing DOESN'T necessarily mean we're not under embargo  

But We are not currently under an embargo though are we !

If that was true then our case with the EFL would be over.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

an embargo DOESN'T mean you can't sign players!!!!

it means any signing has to be within set limits eg/ within a set price range (fee) and within set wage limit

this signing is obvs within the boundary of an embargo 

As I recall, when we were last under embargo, we weren't even allowed to make offers to extend the stays of players already under contract, never mind purchase new ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

The panel have gone away to Spain to deliberate further. 

Unable to communicate until they return. 

14 further days in isolation. 

Realistically I suspect that those who are saying they will wait until after playoff final before releasing their decision. 

Although I also suspect it has been made but relevant parties told not to release any details. 

Very frustrating for supporters. 

Why would they wait until after the playoff final ??

Why would clubs be told not to release details ?

All sounds like the usual " bloke in pub reckons he's signed but club can't say anything yet" boll**s !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

We've hardly got any players left to extend contracts. Those that have contracts are stuck with us whether they like it or not. WTF:

Monk did say they were still discussing Nuhiu and Lee's contracts but were unable to proceed at present. That suggests an embargo unless there's some other reason.

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Monk did say they were still discussing Nuhiu and Lee's contracts but were unable to proceed at present. That suggests an embargo unless there's some other reason.

How would we have just signed FDB if we was under any kind of embargo ? Or expecting one 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

How would we have just signed FDB if we was under any kind of embargo ? Or expecting one 

I don't know, I'm just wondering if there is significance in the Nuhiu/Lee situation.

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

This was answered on the previous page

10 minutes ago, the monk said:

Why would they wait until after the playoff final ??

Why would clubs be told not to release details ?

All sounds like the usual " bloke in pub reckons he's signed but club can't say anything yet" boll**s !

Exactly. Doesn't make any sense. This thread is full of opinions based on nothing but guess work. 

• Like 1

Look at the money Bournemouth are going to get for Ake, talk of £40m put that on top of the £35m failure payment ...  and people talk about ‘fair play’ 

Come on 

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

I took it to mean he either needs to discuss it with DC or he needs to know what league we'll be in to determine the wages we can offer.

• Like 1