THE EFL HEARING THREAD

12 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I'm not well up on youth football these day but lets do the Math.

How many school kids have a desire to 'Get on the books of a league club' ?

Of those, how many go on to play for their club at U13, U14, U15 and U16 level ? How many are lost to clubs with more prestige ?

Of those How many get offered U18 apprenticeships, a couple or three may be retained as over age. Big clubs can steal your youngsters.

At under 23 level players are expected to have acquired much of the skill set required to make the step up. They will have an arm put around them but ultimately they are measured and the decisions come as swift as a surgeons scalpel.

As we saw a couple of days ago the  very promising lad O'Brien got the sickening news; Much to his credit, unlike many, he wasn't devastated. He vowed to door knock until one opened which it probably will given his determination and work his way back to us.

Young O'Brien would have had much more of a chance under the old reserve system. A season to settle a season to play a little and then a season to show your worth.

So in a very scarce market top maybe 6 or 7 clubs corner the market on top quality which they spend top $. I don't know if you saw our FA youth Cup game away to Chelsea. It was men against boys and that's all you needed to watch to know the chasm that exists.        

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

So how would that work for premiership relegated teams?

make the 30 April the account year end and make sure all league season were finished by then.

Simples (unless we get another CO-Vid or FIFA decides to do something stupid like play a world cup in December but that would never happen lol)

25 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Well, beg my pardon Sir. 

Spoilt is a ridiculous claim. I’ve been watching us since 1989 and I’ve known nothing but failure aside from a year or two of Francis (which i have fleeting memories of) and a year and a half of Carvahal. I’ve been to games in the Prem, Championship, League 1, Away FA cup games at Southport and Scunthorpe, you name it I’ve been there.

All I want is a club that’s run properly by someone who knows what the hell they're doing, and funnily enough I’ve never seen that. Shame on me for petulantly wanting my club to be in good standing.

My plan? Scorched earth. Go back to square one, be it Championship, League One, Conference, Boston North, whatever league it may be. Start this whole operation again and maybe we’ll have a club which isn’t a laughing stock. If Chansiri wants to be the man at the helm, fine by me, but i don’t trust him.

I’ve stood by the players where most of the posters on here have ‘bleated’ as nauseum about how crap they are and how they aren’t fit to wear the shirt, etc. I have criticism of their performances, but they haven’t always been bad, in fact for most of the season they’ve been adequate enough to have us in and around the playoffs. What’s caused us to slide off? Up to you lot to work out, since you all seem to know best.

I like to think I’m a reasonable man, but you can get bent for that comment Nev. you might have many more years on me as a Wednesdayite, but it doesn’t make you any more or less a Wednesdayite.

So you would see us go to non-league would you? The only people who bleat and laugh at the club are our fans. 

39 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

I guess that incredible naivety extends to some fans believing that a club owner would let his investment rot because some other fans have called him a rude word..,

Extends to everything , ultimately they can sell to anyone they wish if money is right for them, regardless of the buyers competence to run a football club.

14 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Football is the only industry where the product can be rubbish and yet the customers get blamed.

So you don't agree that Cameron Dawson's form & potentially his continued progress was impaired by the crowd getting on his back. And that's just one example.

Or do you maybe think chanting for Westwood whilst Dawson was on the pitch was a cunning motivational tactic.

We always class ourselves as these wonderful fans. Maybe hold our hands up now & again when we fall short of this rather than making a neat, consumer friendly soundbite.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

So you don't agree that Cameron Dawson's form & potentially his continued progress was impaired by the crowd getting on his back. And that's just one example.

Or do you maybe think chanting for Westwood whilst Dawson was on the pitch was a cunning motivational tactic.

We always class ourselves as these wonderful fans. Maybe hold our hands up now & again when we fall short of this rather than making a neat, consumer friendly soundbite.

Careful, I got negged about 60 times when I said that a few months ago

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

And applaud failure ?  really ?

The " Everyone's a winner " mentality is ruining any form of criticism

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

For me he's a bloke with good intentions, stubbornness and pride who has made mistakes.

Only evidence of blatant and deliberate skulduggery coming out in these proceedings will change that for me.

I don't disagree with your first line. Unfortunately, no matter how good his intentions, DC's stubbornness and pride are what's got us into this mess, points deductions or not.

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Yeah it’s all the fans fault.

Can you tell me one player who our fans have got on the back off who has gone on to be decent elsewhere?

• Like 1

one of the many things the court steps years taught me, is that when the proverbial hits the fan   the fan base will explode with a thousand views and some will turn on others as has just happened in this thread. I think this is now inevitable, whatever the result of this case the division will persist until we have more responsible ownership lessons must be learnt and start to run the club professionally not as an overseas trainset 

I fear we are stuck with him and his advisor  given the present world climate  so wherever that takes us what we have to realise is that we are in fact the club's best asset wherever it ends up and whilst ever we stand together behind the club we'll have something to support be it in any division we can get back and in a way it'd be exciting to support 

• Like 2