THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Nothing dodgy with being a year behind - company accounts are filed in the year after they are accounted for, as per my previous post. The case is in relation to us backdating the sale of the stadium to the 2017-18 accounting year when the EFL think it should have been attributed to 2018-19. 

All DC  has to do is find the receipt he wrote to himself for the stadium sale in 2018. Surely can't be too hard. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

All DC  has to do is find the receipt he wrote to himself for the stadium sale in 2018. Surely can't be too hard. 

Well the one he passed on to the certified accountants to do their things was seemingly acceptable......

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

well we will soon see if that is the case. 

Indeed we will, but it was acceptable at the level of certified audited accounts.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Pretty much spot on with the figures but the years are wrong - the 2017-18 accounts were the ones which the ground sale has been included in - a £2.5M profit that year, the £20.7M loss was in the 2016-17 accounts and the accounts due this year are for 2018-19. 

The profit on the stadium sale was recorded as £38M so the actual loss would have been around £35M The Wickham loan won't be in the next accounts as they are a year behind, but nor will the sale of Joao. 

I would imagine some of the players released in the summer of 2018 will have helped reduce the losses compared to 2017-18 but with no significant sales I think it will be a big surprise if the loss is less than £25M - this will take us just over the limit but if it is over £30M then we will be significantly over the limit and that will see us in trouble again as you suggest. We will know soon enough. 

Yeah, I was going on which seasons the accounts are actually released, so the imminent ones will cover the year 18/19 but are released at the end of season 19/20 and any punishment will take effect from then. So as you say they won't actually even include the Joao sale and will still have Abdi, Jones, Hooper and Boyd's wages.

I just can't see how we can have made enough of a reduction in the wage bill to bring it down to an acceptable level, I think we sold Hunt in that year and may have got a loan fee from Norwich for Rhodes and some of his wages covered but that's just nowhere near enough. 

Unless all the wage bill was slashed that season because all the players saw a big drop in their win and "play aggressive attacking football" bonuses lol

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yeah, I was going on which seasons the accounts are actually released, so the imminent ones will cover the year 18/19 but are released at the end of season 19/20 and any punishment will take effect from then. So as you say they won't actually even include the Joao sale and will still have Abdi, Jones, Hooper and Boyd's wages.

I just can't see how we can have made enough of a reduction in the wage bill to bring it down to an acceptable level, I think we sold Hunt in that year and may have got a loan fee from Norwich for Rhodes and some of his wages covered but that's just nowhere near enough. 

Unless all the wage bill was slashed that season because all the players saw a big drop in their win and "play aggressive attacking football" bonuses lol

Yep, the likes of Loovens and Wallace will have been on a decent wage which might have saved around £2M or so and as you say we could well have saved a similar amount from Rhodes loan but we probably need to have found another £5-£10M behind one of the golden elephants! :Chansiri: 

6 hours ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Here’s a question, if the EFL dropped all charges, and were then found to have misled DC and the club and were forced to apologise for wasting everyone’s time, would folk still want DC out of the club?

I still wouldn’t trust him to run an ice cream van.

I wouldn’t mind him still owning it so long as he put someone in place who knew how to run a business and he took a back seat.

7 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

out of interest how much do we save on wages for FF, Fletcher, Hutch, Fox and Winnall

Not seen any exact figures but even at an average of 5k a week, which would be considered low, would be £1.3million

edit: then again if this can be believed it could be around £5,148,000. https://sillyseason.com/salary/sheffield-wednesday-players-salaries-126820/

Edited by Smog

4 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

out of interest how much do we save on wages for FF, Fletcher, Hutch, Fox and Winnall

Probably somewhere around £100k pw I'd have thought. But we'll still need to sign replacements for them in the squad, and these reductions won't affect the accounts for another couple of years. Even then we've still got Rhodes, Bannan, Lees, Westwood, probably Reach on big money contracts for another year. 

6 minutes ago, Smog said:

Not seen any exact figures but even at an average of 5k a week, which would be considered low, would be £1.3million

edit: then again if this can be believed it could be around £5,148,000. https://sillyseason.com/salary/sheffield-wednesday-players-salaries-126820/

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Probably somewhere around £100k pw I'd have thought. But we'll still need to sign replacements for them in the squad, and these reductions won't affect the accounts for another couple of years. Even then we've still got Rhodes, Bannan, Lees, Westwood, probably Reach on big money contracts for another year. 

1 minute ago, whatdial said:

I reckon £4-£5m a year across them lot

the website I quoted must seem about right then

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I still wouldn’t trust him to run an ice cream van.

I wouldn’t mind him still owning it so long as he put someone in place who knew how to run a business and he took a back seat.

They don’t have a back seat, he would be sat with the lollies