THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Just now, ny owl said:

this is absolutely true.  they slated Sheridan and now they say he's great while slating bannan. 

I think Bannans a decent player.

HOWEVER, i dont believe in all the time he has been here, the club has ever found a set up to suit him and bring the best out of him.

Because of that, I think he has wasted his time here and much as we have wasted his talent. 

27 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Mel Sterland got a load of stick early on, but was single-minded enough to keep working and prove the doubters wrong.  

Yeah I remember down at Brighton he sliced a clearance into the crowd and someone shouted 'oh come and stand up here wi us Mel'.

• Haha 1

Our home fans make me cringe at times.  And think the i''ve paid a lot of money' and 'had a belly full of beer' reasons are excuses to act like a group of toddlers.

Especially what we've heard directed at Atdhe, Fox, Carlos and Jos in recent years.  The first two both have said they resent it.  Nothing like spreading negativity.  Every manager has stated that it doesn't help but no, it's your free Saturday afternoon isn't it.  I wish I knew what was going on in the heads of these people.  

I remember when Darren Purse messed up two back passes in one half and the crowd turned toxic.  I thought they were building a gallows for him on the North Stand the abuse he was getting.

Booing the team off, jeez, get yoursen off to the Pantomime.  

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brad_owl said:

If someone said, you can start in League 2 with a clean slate and with a motivated but careful pair of hands as owner, would we take it?

I mean the fact im even having to think about that question says where we are as a club. 

Chansiri has tried but he just doesn't have the know how. If he said, you know what, im struggling, i need some help and brings onboard a couple of experienced operators to oversee the club then the sky could be the limit for us. 

We thought his money was the answer, unfortunately we didn't count on his stubborness and ignorance as a factor. 

I hope he has his duck in a row with this court case, i really do! 

If you actually need to think about that, it's not Chansiris fault, maybe search for you local NHS IAPT services lol

19 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

Yeah I remember down at Brighton he sliced a clearance into the crowd and someone shouted 'oh come and stand up here wi us Mel'.

No you don't...Wednesday didn't play at Brighton between the mid-70s and 1990. 

57 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Lee got grief early on. Antonio got plenty of stick for the tired old 'no end product' clichés etc, Brunt got loads, and I mean loads, of grief for being lazy and worse! 

Wednesday fans have always been pretty quick with their criticism. Maybe its amplified through social media, but i remember Sheridan getting it back in 1991! 

All true. Pathetic really why people would shout abuse at our own players. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, ny owl said:

this is absolutely true.  they slated Sheridan and now they say he's great while slating bannan. 

It's not absolutely true, a sizeable section of fans got on his back at one game and he overcame that with a great display in the next. I went home and away and Sheridan was worshipped by 99.9999% of fans.

• Like 2

The EFL are like the EU.

They’re not moving on their red lines, and they’re not giving way at all, oh no, but they do have clever operational suggestions to get negotiations moving that might ease level playing field concerns.

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

Yeah it’s all the fans fault.

Can you tell me one player who our fans have got on the back off who has gone on to be decent elsewhere?

It's not the fans fault at all. However I can give you an example, as you ask,  Chris Morris.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

Yeah it’s all the fans fault.

Can you tell me one player who our fans have got on the back off who has gone on to be decent elsewhere?

Mel Sterland used to get real abuse every game when he first got in the team

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Our home fans make me cringe at times.  And think the i''ve paid a lot of money' and 'had a belly full of beer' reasons are excuses to act like a group of toddlers.

Booing the team off, jeez, get yoursen off to the Pantomime.  

The fans I can never understand are the idiots that boo the team off at half-time and then applaud them back on for the second half.:wacko:😂

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

I remember the game when he got the ball just outside our area by the North and went on a run and the usual oh ffs started then as he got further up the pitch they stopped replaced by a monent of silence and goo on lad the rest as they say is history.

Then there was the time stood on the kop and hearing Thas crap Waddle after he misplaced a pass :blink:

Edited by darra