THE EFL HEARING THREAD

9 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Here’s a question, if the EFL dropped all charges, and were then found to have misled DC and the club and were forced to apologise for wasting everyone’s time, would folk still want DC out of the club?

Shrodingers DC😉

Seriously though it all depends if he ever decides to take anybodies advice, engage with the fans, learn how to run a football club and change his approach.  Throwing money at something doesn't always get the results you want.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

2 hours ago, ljhowl said:

Because the young players they can attract are not the young players we can 

Think the point you are making (correctly) is that because of Brentford's approach young players see them as a stepping stone to something much bigger and better, whereas in our case it's usually a one way trip to something much worse.

No arguments there.

17 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Well if this is truly the case then i have no idea why the EFL have a case to charge us. This is i can tell, the only thing that seems to be amiss (apart from the blatant mismanagement to get us here in the first place).

Me neither, we can only speculate, maybe it's the validity of the document stating the intention to sell or how the valuation was achieved. If we win the case we'll probably never find out what the EFL issue was.

3 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Soon be done 5-30 we will know ,Radio Sheffield will breaking their necks to tell us if its bad news

bloody hell about 90 minutes.....

We will be "not Guilty" for f.ookin' 89 minutes then there will be two quick sodding "Guilties"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ljhowl said:

Not quite true. They replaced their Academy with an "elite" squad of U18-U21 which they invest in, develop, bring into the first team/sell on. Those players cost next to nothing and were/are sold at a very nice profit. There's your conveyor belt. And where do they get those "elite" - scouting and the attraction of where they are. They have the pick of such players. We don't. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they aren't astute. What I am saying is simply that their model works because of where they are, which is why so few others (I can't think of any) below premiership and outside London get close to it.

And even then, would you really want us to be like Brentford. It's a club run by (sorry MKOwl) accountants....which  obviously explains the passion and huge success. Let's face it. It's the first fixture we all look out for when the list comes out. 

I genuinely don't think where they are matters. What matters is they have a proven track record of developing players and helping their careers (as do Bristol, PNE, Saints even Dem Blavges).

Sadly our track record is one of stunting or destroying players careers, which is why we can't attract the right talent.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Me neither, we can only speculate, maybe it's the validity of the document stating the intention to sell or how the valuation was achieved. If we win the case we'll probably never find out what the EFL issue was.

we'll probably never find out what the EFL issue was.

Unless the club publish it. 

22 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Here’s a question, if the EFL dropped all charges, and were then found to have misled DC and the club and were forced to apologise for wasting everyone’s time, would folk still want DC out of the club?

It's irrelevant to the bigger picture of why we had to resort to "selling" the ground in the first place. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Other than a bit of raspberry blowing and grandstanding, I don't see why you equate the two as part of the same issue.

Whether we are punished or not, it is the chairman who ultimately must take responsibility for the financial mismanagement, reckless lack of long term strategy, two transfer embargoes, an apparent disregard for recognising prior mistakes and at least coming close to a catastrophic ruling from the EFL. Nothing to be bragging about it seems to me.

And I'm not clamouring for his departure either way.

• Like 6

Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

Not irrelevant if it happened though, which it could, the EFL aren’t exactly known for following their own rules.

I mean win or lose the case the bigger picture is how the club has been run generally. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

100% agree, but time to forgive, forget, move on, learn by your mistakes?

I just hate to see Owl vs Owl and all the petty squabbles, there has to come a time when WAWAW means WAWAW?

Yeah. Agreed.

When DC's gone

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

its a 3 year rolling cycle so for last season its the £21m loss from 16/17, the £2m profit from 17/18 and what ever last years account where, anymore than £20m loss and we have broke the limit again.

This season rolling 3 is £2m profit if accepted, last years figure and this season figures.

For the 2017/18 season to the 2018/19 season, We got rid of Loovens and Wallace, Sold Hunt and loaned out Rhodes, But signed Iorfa and Hector and Onamah on loan and the two lads from Newcastle in January, we still had Westwood, Hutch, Abdi, Jones, Winnall, Hooper, Fessi, Fletcher. I would hazard a guess the losses for the year to 31 July 2019 will be pretty high unless the Joao transfer on the 6th August is backdated in July.

Youre spot on with the figures. I'm just assuming that the value of the ground is coincidentally going to make us go below the 39m rolling loss this year. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't talk crap, you, me and everybody on here has no idea what's going to happen. For my part I'm worried, very worried but I'm a born pessimist.

I have know idea what is going on but I have felt all along that we win this. For the record that is not because I am defending DC, I am really not comfortable with selling the ground on a lease back. 100% wish the fans owned the club, there are too many chancers around playing roulette with clubs and its the fans who lose out every time. I just get the feeling the EFL have messed up allowing situations like this to arise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I just hate to see Owl vs Owl and all the petty squabbles, there has to come a time when WAWAW means WAWAW?

I agree mate...but sadly its been a shambles since we dipped out on going up.....

DC is to blame...even us to a certain extent...all for it, devil take the hindmost...forget the fans who can't afford it..we will drag them back when we hit the big time..etc etc etc..Then doyen, Abdi, urby emmanuelson, The kits, The anniversary shambles...Jos Luhukay...

yea learn by your mistakes...If you make just the one...thats fine...Our mistakes are legion and learning from them "one by one"..won't work.

If DC gets us out of this..I will still be nervous with the way he owns us Lock, Stock and Barrel..its on the whim of one bloke...and to be fair to him, he has still put the money in......but so much of it has been misplaced, misguided....

Now we have players falling out with managers again and no-one knows who to believe, 

The manager will rant, the odd player will snipe...All it takes is the Chairman to put a stop to it.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I don’t have to forgive anything he hasn’t wronged me personally.

I haven’t made any mistakes. Let’s see whether DC is in the business of learning. 

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

You seem to be scrabbling around for an excuse to exonerate Chansiri of any blame. Also, you're ignoring the possibility that the EFL case might be justified and that consequently we end up relegated and/or with a points deduction.

If the EFL have disingenuously sanctioned what we did only to change their mind later, or if they have just made a completely incompetent arse of the situation; that's one issue. But it is still independent of how the club has been run and should be judged as such. 

How did we end up in two transfer embargoes? Who is accountable for player acquisitions and are there any other interests being served? Are you satisfied that we had to sell the ground to ourselves as a last ditch desperation measure? Do you think there are the signs of a long-term sustainable strategy? How did we come to be so overwhelmingly beyond the P&S limits? And what have we got to show for all that? A threadbare squad, low on quality, a modest budget to start the rebuild and we can't even be certain we won't be in League One.

The EFL aren't culpable for any of that.

Nailed it!

It's just shoddy and obviously naive.

• Like 1