THE EFL HEARING THREAD

7 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

This divide between the fans has been there for ages now. And I many others have been openly critical of DC for a long time and get lambasted for any negative comments regarding the mighty king.

agree that it will only get worse after the hearing. Though if the worst happened and we were docked point there will be some chansiri lovers who immediately swap sides (which makes no sense at all) but I’ve no doubt that to a large number we could get deducted points and it will still be anyone’s fault apart from Chansiri’s. if the hearing goes our way I can already see the chanisiri lovers spouting off like he’s some sort of legal genius, totally forgetting the mess we’re still i  

Completely agree with all this. The fact we are in this mess to start with shows he isn’t fit for purpose. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not talking about anyone going missing - I don't that would be the case.

I'm talking about if this charge goes against us and the worst was to happen we'd get people criticising Chansiri and then others saying they weren't proper fans for doing so, that they should clear off and get t'lane etc etc

If the charge goes FOR us and we get zero punishment the same people will come on here saying nobody should have criticised Chansiri, and they aren't proper fans and they should get t'lane

Ps - I'm surprised you said people going missing wouldn't be missed - that really is such an insular way of looking at things, and I would have thought you as a staunch Wednesday fan wouldn't just want every single fan to stay with us but would would even more to come join us?

I assure you, I’m not one of those. For or Against us, I want Chansiri out and to take Paxo with him. For all the early success with a team assembled for one big season (possibly two at most), his failure to make the correct decisions on personnel, wages, PR, and the EFL finance rules has put us back to where we were in 2010-2011.

The bridge has been burned in my view.

I’ve been one of Chansiris biggest supporters and I won’t slam him if this goes wrong without knowing why. Wether we gat information is another matter but I would imagine there has to be a written summary of the decision. Chansiri has got a lot of things wrong, but so have previous chairmen and the cost as things stand is down to him alone. Do I jape he learns from his mistakes? Definitely. The two things I will slate him for though are Jo’s and Monk. WTF was he or his advisors actually thinking?

Nothing to do with Wednesday this, but perhaps a case of manipulation. 
Barcelona need to find €80m before the end of the month to comply with FFP regulations. They have agreed to sell Brazilian midfielder Arthur to Juventus for that figure, more than twice his reported value. 
Then later, Barcelona will pay a similarly inflated fee for Juventus midfielder Pjanic, thus circumnavigating any possible FFP penalties

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Barcelona need to find €80m before the end of the month to comply with FFP regulations. They have agreed to sell Brazilian midfielder Arthur to Juventus for that figure, more than twice his reported value. 
Then later, Barcelona will pay a similarly inflated fee for Juventus midfielder Pjanic, thus circumnavigating any possible FFP penalties

lol

Classic

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The darling club of FIFA can do what they want. 

8 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

For me he's a bloke with good intentions, stubbornness and pride who has made mistakes.

Only evidence of blatant and deliberate skulduggery coming out in these proceedings will change that for me.

so if we are found guilty your opinion of him will or won’t change? 

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

DC will be all over this Westwood to Rotherham for 27m.

3 years ago. 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Interesting tactics....I suppose the financial year ends being different allow this to happen. So in theory you could sell a player, bank the inflated fee, then buy him back in your next financial year for the same amount to help FFP, especially if it is not in place next season due to coronavirus

Why all year ends for clubs aren't the same is beyond me with FFP, would make things simpler

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Interesting tactics....I suppose the financial year ends being different allow this to happen. So in theory you could sell a player, bank the inflated fee, then buy him back in your next financial year for the same amount to help FFP, especially if it is not in place next season due to coronavirus

Why all year ends for clubs aren't the same is beyond me with FFP, would make things simpler

So how would that work for premiership relegated teams?

48 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Except they paid €40m for him on a 6 year contract so €26.6m will still be in the accounts, therefore the sale of him will only net €53.4m - but I am sure they will know that.

23 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Actually the rules allow for differing year ends and also, like Wednesday did in 2018, extended years.  For Wednesday it had the effect of lowering losses for 2018 but front loading for 2019.

11 minutes ago, OK then Maybe said:

Actually the rules allow for differing year ends and also, like Wednesday did in 2018, extended years.  For Wednesday it had the effect of lowering losses for 2018 but front loading for 2019.

It did, so a same year end for all removes that and all clubs finances are comparable and reviewed by the EFL in the same way

1 hour ago, Wor’Jackie said:

I assure you, I’m not one of those. For or Against us, I want Chansiri out and to take Paxo with him. For all the early success with a team assembled for one big season (possibly two at most), his failure to make the correct decisions on personnel, wages, PR, and the EFL finance rules has put us back to where we were in 2010-2011.

The bridge has been burned in my view.

You want, you want. You are the typical spoilt Kid wanting that which is out of your reach. Do you have a plan for achieving what you want ? No ! So what are you to do, carry on bleating !

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

You want, you want. You are the typical spoilt Kid wanting that which is out of your reach. Do you have a plan for achieving what you want ? No ! So what are you to do, carry on bleating !

I think some people are incredibly naive when it comes to owners. Its not like  football mangers where you can put pressure on the owners to sack them. Owners are in full control and chanting for them to go can often provoke the owner to take their ball home and let the club rot. Football ownership sadly is a lottery, be careful what you wish for. Do I wish it was different absolutely but sadly fans are treated with contempt.

33 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

I think some people are incredibly naive when it comes to owners. Its not like  football mangers where you can put pressure on the owners to sack them. Owners are in full control and chanting for them to go can often provoke the owner to take their ball home and let the club rot. Football ownership sadly is a lottery, be careful what you wish for. Do I wish it was different absolutely but sadly fans are treated with contempt.

I guess that incredible naivety extends to some fans believing that a club owner would let his investment rot because some other fans have called him a rude word..,

Edited by kobayashi
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Well, beg my pardon Sir. 

Spoilt is a ridiculous claim. I’ve been watching us since 1989 and I’ve known nothing but failure aside from a year or two of Francis (which i have fleeting memories of) and a year and a half of Carvahal. I’ve been to games in the Prem, Championship, League 1, Away FA cup games at Southport and Scunthorpe, you name it I’ve been there.

All I want is a club that’s run properly by someone who knows what the hell they're doing, and funnily enough I’ve never seen that. Shame on me for petulantly wanting my club to be in good standing.

My plan? Scorched earth. Go back to square one, be it Championship, League One, Conference, Boston North, whatever league it may be. Start this whole operation again and maybe we’ll have a club which isn’t a laughing stock. If Chansiri wants to be the man at the helm, fine by me, but i don’t trust him.

I’ve stood by the players where most of the posters on here have ‘bleated’ as nauseum about how crap they are and how they aren’t fit to wear the shirt, etc. I have criticism of their performances, but they haven’t always been bad, in fact for most of the season they’ve been adequate enough to have us in and around the playoffs. What’s caused us to slide off? Up to you lot to work out, since you all seem to know best.

I like to think I’m a reasonable man, but you can get bent for that comment Nev. you might have many more years on me as a Wednesdayite, but it doesn’t make you any more or less a Wednesdayite.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1