THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

No, we won't but if we're slapped with a 21 point deduction next season we may as well go down this year, awful as it would be.

We don’t want to go down this year. There may not be a league one and two next season. I can’t see teams being able to survive in those leagues without crowds so I can see many going to the wall. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Against Hudds we didn’t exactly throw 3-4 attacking players on to get a winner if we are desperate for points.

Right lads up and at em....pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, waving his -21 pts flag.

WTF:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

Surely a points deduction next season (if it comes) would be better?.  Might help create a siege mentality which, together with a few new players, hopefully results in greater determination, better team spirit and ultimately avoidance of relegation against the odds.  That in itself would feel like reaching the play-offs, then HMS PTL can set sail again in 21/22! 😀

If we were to be relegated this season, that could be us gone for 10 years - and might cause Chansiri to rethink his commitment to financing us, which could get very messy.

It's really not a good thing. Pretty much renders the next season meaningless. 

Now bare with me on this, my point being its a massively demotivating, may strip the club of revenue, surely nobody wants to watch a loaded dice relegation scrap?

Effects recruitment, for the reason above and we need players. 

Lastly, what's the point of being in a league, you can't win? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If it is -21 then that's two seasons written off, next season bravely battling relegation (not succeeding)and the season after in the pub league, if its even still running by then.

If you think about it even -12 means 60 plus points to avoid the drop.

Whatever way we look at it, this is the most depressing time to be an owls fan in a long time. I include the early 2000's in that as at least we started each season on zero points and a glimmer of hope.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

It's really not a good thing. Pretty much renders the next season meaningless. 

Now bare with me on this, my point being its a massively demotivating, may strip the club of revenue, surely nobody wants to watch a loaded dice relegation scrap?

Effects recruitment, for the reason above and we need players. 

Lastly, what's the point of being in a league, you can't win? 

I agree mate. If they are going to hit us with a points deduction , do it this season and relegate us now so we can start afresh next season with a clean slate rather than having the Reapers axe hovering above our heads all season.

1 hour ago, Howards back said:

We don’t want to go down this year. There may not be a league one and two next season. I can’t see teams being able to survive in those leagues without crowds so I can see many going to the wall. 

We could pizz the league then.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Fulham were abit shyte for half a season..

And even crappy reading had a pop..

Forest have come good since we pasted em at their place.

Anyone can come good, as you say

.... and anyone can become crap, as we did

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't believe anyone in their right mind would choose to be in League One next season.  There's simply too many reasons against it, namely financial with much reduced TV rights, whether the league goes ahead at all, but most of all, taking a step down takes you a step down from where you want to be.  It's a competition, please remember that.

If we started on -21 in the championship, then the pressure is off and expectations low.  I'm not saying we'd stay up, but we'd have a slim chance of staying up.  Wednesday perform better when we're not expecting owt.

League One can't survive on 10% gates, and if there's no opposition, there's no Wednesday.  Next season of all seasons could change the bottom two tiers for a generation, we don't want to be among them.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Can't believe anyone in their right mind would choose to be in League One next season.  There's simply too many reasons against it, namely financial with much reduced TV rights, whether the league goes ahead at all, but most of all, taking a step down takes you a step down from where you want to be.  It's a competition, please remember that.

If we started on -21 in the championship, then the pressure is off and expectations low.  I'm not saying we'd stay up, but we'd have a slim chance of staying up.  Wednesday perform better when we're not expecting owt.

League One can't survive on 10% gates, and if there's no opposition, there's no Wednesday.  Next season of all seasons could change the bottom two tiers for a generation, we don't want to be among them.  

Not sure what I prefer if it actually was 21 pts

It would probably be just delaying relegation for another year as we would need around 70 points 

Add to that the problem of signing quality players with that kind of sentence hanging over us

Can't see any player with ambition signing in to that 

But let's not forget where all this 21 point stuff has come from ........The Daily Mail!

And if it did turn out to be true, the club should find out from the league why the hell newspapers got to know the outcome before anyone else

Edited by the monk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

If it is -21 then that's two seasons written off, next season bravely battling relegation (not succeeding)and the season after in the pub league, if its even still running by then.

If you think about it even -12 means 60 plus points to avoid the drop.

Whatever way we look at it, this is the most depressing time to be an owls fan in a long time. I include the early 2000's in that as at least we started each season on zero points and a glimmer of hope.

It is when you consider we were a blank canvas just begging for investment, sadly we got taken over by the wrong guy and  now look at it, it's a complete car crash.

Years and money wasted down to sheer incompetence and pig headedness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It is when you consider we were a blank canvas just begging for investment, sadly we got taken over by the wrong guy and  now look at it, it's a complete car crash.

Years and money wasted down to sheer incompetence and pig headedness.

Totally, You get the feeling if Netflix picked us rather than Sunderland for the documentary series it would've been even more essential viewing and highly rated with 10 times the amount of comedy for the outsider looking in 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Well we shouldn't have broken the rules (in the efl's eyes anyway). it's not a case of wanting to be in league 1, we may have no choice. 

We need to take the punishment and move on from there. 

• Thanks 1

My theory (of 39 in total)

We were found guilty weeks ago (as some of us have heard from good sources) and we’re looking at 9 or 12 point deduction. However, the EFL know we’d appeal and that appeal wouldn’t be heard until after the last game - which could relegate the 4rh bottom if we’re successful. 

so the EFL and DC agree the announcement will be made after tonight. That means the appeal won’t be heard until AFTER 4th August, the official end of the season. So any points deduction will be next season. 

whoever finishes 3rd bottom haven’t go a case to sue the EFL because the EFL are following their rules. 

Also - DC would agree to that. 

Edited by Essix Blue

5 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

My theory (of 39 in total)

We were found guilty weeks ago (as some of us have heard from good sources) and we’re looking at 9 or 12 point deduction. However, the EFL know we’d appeal and that appeal wouldn’t be heard until after the last game - which could relegate the 4rh bottom if we’re successful. 

so the EFL and DC agree the announcement will be made after tonight. That means the appeal won’t be heard until AFTER 4th August, the official end of the season. So any points deduction will be next season. 

whoever finishes 3rd bottom haven’t go a case to sue the EFL because the EFL are following their rules. 

Also - DC would agree to that. 

So your theory is that, the EFL will happily be complicit in the relegation of a club, to aid a club who has continually flaunted FFP rules? 

Doesn’t seem likely to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

So your theory is that, the EFL will happily be complicit in the relegation of a club, to aid a club who has continually flaunted FFP rules? 

Doesn’t seem likely to me. 

What’s the alternative?

They deduct us points 2 weeks ago, we are relegated tonight yet appeal and win, so 4th bottom who were safe get relegated a week after the last game. 

That doesn’t seem likely the EFL would let that happen IMO

ALSO. There’s a chance even with a deduction we win tonight and stay up anyway. 

Edited by Essix Blue