THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Just occurred to me. The Independent Review Panel decision is a posh name for arbitration. In other words, its decision cannot be appealed,  and is binding  Surely their decision will have been, or will be, passed to both club and EFL by now.

Just now, Buxtongent said:

Just occurred to me. The Independent Review Panel decision is a posh name for arbitration. In other words, its decision cannot be appealed,  and is binding  Surely their decision will have been, or will be, passed to both club and EFL by now.

Given the EFL have appealed its decisions before, how did you reach your conclusion?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, nickywire said:

Given the EFL have appealed its decisions before, how did you reach your conclusion?

And the rules clearly state all parties can appeal, hence why any disagreement mean it will drag on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

I think they have held off announcing until the season is over ,that way the Barnsley's if this works can't create an argument about any decision while play is still on going .

at the end of the day if our players had performed in the field since the restart we wouldn't be bothered.

shame on the 3 who walked away from us and who have been paid handsomely and supported through difficult personal times

I got accused of living in a fluffy dream world for posting much the same as your last sentence 

• Like 4

I do wonder if the whole ' preserving the integrity of the league' theory probably has something in it....if Barnsley/ Luton/ Hull  finish bottom 3 tonight that is down to their performance over the season, irrespective of what punishment we get and they can't argue any different

So to give us -9 tomorrow won't give anyone the right to take action against the EFL as it doesn't impact on the final table

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I do wonder if the whole ' preserving the integrity of the league' theory probably has something in it....if Barnsley/ Luton/ Hull  finish bottom 3 tonight that is down to their performance over the season, irrespective of what punishment we get and they can't argue any different

So to give us -9 tomorrow won't give anyone the right to take action against the EFL as it doesn't impact on the final table

Could well be right 

Or they could also say , no case to answer 

17 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

..if Barnsley/ Luton/ Hull  finish bottom 3 tonight that is down to their performance over the season, irrespective of what punishment we get and they can't argue any different

What about the points gained or lost directly by each of those teams against us?  

2 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Anyone who thinks it be good idea if we go down this season, must be really off their rocker . Going down could seriously be the death knell of the club, the way things are going lower leagues are going to implode. There is only so many rich people out their with money to squander, look what happened to Bury, just because clubs have a long history does mean they will always be there, they will not.

We are in a financial mess for sure along with very many other clubs in the championship, there very few clubs with a financial model that is sustainable. We really do need to stay in the championship or I fear the worst. 

This needs to be read by more people. Anyone saying they don't care or wouldn't mind if we got relegated needs to realise what the implications could be. DC could be asked to put money in to support the club by the EFL  having just been punished by the EFL for putting money in and supporting the club. 

• Like 1

Wishful thinking but ....  Easy way out for the EFL if we are found guilty by the panel - dock us however many points to keep us up by goal difference.  I know there are statutory guidelines on punishment but I’m sure there’s enough ambiguity and confusion in our specific circumstances (hence the panel in the first place) to allow some flexibility.  They will have then fulfilled their responsibilities through due process.  No complaints from us, no avenue for litigation from the relegated clubs!

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Decisions of Disciplinary Commissions can be appealed. Appeals are heard by a League Arbitration Panel, Their decisions can’t be appealed

16 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

Wishful thinking but ....  Easy way out for the EFL if we are found guilty by the panel - dock us however many points to keep us up by goal difference.  I know there are statutory guidelines on punishment but I’m sure there’s enough ambiguity and confusion in our specific circumstances (hence the panel in the first place) to allow some flexibility.  They will have then fulfilled their responsibilities through due process.  No complaints from us, no avenue for litigation from the relegated clubs!

fix it so we get just enough points not to relegate us = no avenue for litigation????

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Their argument would be that we got our points by cheating - that if we hadn't overspent we would have a weaker team and wouldn't have gained as many points as we have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

Do we forgot.... This is not up to the EFL??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nickywire said:

fix it so we get just enough points not to relegate us = no avenue for litigation????

The relegated teams can't make demands of the Panel as to how many points other teams get deducted...so a - 6pt deduction for example couldn't be overturned by them. If we are found not guilty they may think they can appeal I'm not so sure.

3 minutes ago, Nut said:

Their argument would be that we got our points by cheating - that if we hadn't overspent we would have a weaker team and wouldn't have gained as many points as we have. 

Is that worthy of a legal challenge though 

Highly doubt it