THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Honestly I don’t believe a word the EFL say ,  I’d put money on they’ve been told the outcome at end of June and they didn’t like it and are appealing 

Don’t care what they said last night 

27 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Worst case scenarios would people go with a 12 point deduction and relegation or start on - 21 next season in the Championship. 

Honestly think I would go down now as we would never make up 21.

Unless they split it. -9 this season and -12 next.

Just now, Royal_D said:

Honestly I don’t believe a word the EFL say ,  I’d put money on they’ve been told the outcome at end of June and they didn’t like it and are appealing 

yes I think that is more likely than people saying they are waiting to see how many points will send us down. It’s the panel that decide that not the EFL isn’t it? 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The tribunal rules say that both parties must be informed at their same time.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

This might just be a load of cobblers but...I think the EFL are in the process of changing the penalties of the FFP to just monetary  sanctions...that way we can't have three or four clubs under sanction every season especially as the other two divisions might be going under...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

The tribunal rules say that both parties must be informed at their same time.

I believe the club know as well 

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

This might just be a load of cobblers but...I think the EFL are in the process of changing the penalties of the FFP to just monetary  sanctions...that way we can't have three or four clubs under sanction every season especially as the other two divisions might be going under...

Could be that the EFL realise the complete disaster for which they alone are responsible? Not just the FFP shambles, but the ridiculous extension of the season past the end point of player’s contracts within which The Wednesday have been totally undermined. This isn’t ( to quote Wigan) a force majeure, but an ill considered decision by the mandarins in the EFL. Wednesday are, by the will of their Chairman, financially solvent and I doubt the EFL would want to relegate that solvency to a lower tier. We will get a penalty that will keep us in the Championship in my opinion. ( but I’m not itk....so don’t quote me)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest mkowl

It is only presumption of Yorkshire Live that it was concluded.

It may be that there was a call for additional evidence or independent insight on a technical matter. It may be that the 3 person panel was unable to understand the accounting concepts here - which are pivotal on the date of the transaction aspect of this.

Just a thought really. 

Might even do it on the valuation part.

You have the EFL view

You have the SWFC view

But as an arbitrator you might not be qualified per se to adjudicate on technical reports so get a 3rd opinion 

Edited by mkowl

28 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

They have an obligation to reveal the result when known. Fair enough if you don't believe them in that regard but if this was the case and the result had been positive for us why would we have not released a statement?

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Course they do.

Keep it to yourself though pal.

Shhhhhhh.

You genuinely think the panel finished up in June and the decisions been lost in post ? 

Come on , there’s lies been told 

Edited by Guest

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Sounds like the committee need some accountancy advice. 

Do you happen to know any qualified accountant that may help out mk? WTF:

I am not sure I would recommend my Hull City supporting accountant mate for the role 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They have an obligation to reveal the result when known. Fair enough if you don't believe them in that regard but if this was the case and the result had been positive for us why would we have not released a statement?

Im not arguing they don’t have an obligation 

What I’m saying is I personally do not believe for a second that there’s been no decision arrived at,  there’s lies been told 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Im not arguing they don’t have an obligation 

What I’m saying is I personally do not believe for a second that there’s been no decision arrived at,  there’s lies been told 

Yeah, you said that, so I asked you, if you think we may have won the case as you suggest, why haven't we released a statement?

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It is only presumption of Yorkshire Live that it was concluded.

It may be that there was a call for additional evidence or independent insight on a technical matter. It may be that the 3 person panel was unable to understand the accounting concepts here - which are pivotal on the date of the transaction aspect of this.

Just a thought really. 

Might even do it on the valuation part.

You have the EFL view

You have the SWFC view

But as an arbitrator you might not be qualified per se to adjudicate on technical reports so get a 3rd opinion 

Having dealt with tribunals and particularly chairs, who have to be significantly experienced barristers or lawyers, its unlikely that their egos would allow them to accept that they were incapable of judgement.

Maybe.

Either way if the issue is so bafflingly obscure and in the balance how on earth can there possibly be enough certainty to relegate us?

If the club do know the results and it is in our favour might explain us chasing Man City lad Nixon saying we gona have a decent budget and the lack of going out guns blazing against hudds? Our players didn’t look as gutted as theirs at the end of the game?? And I know we haven’t looked that both second half of the season but if we really were desperate for the points surely there would have been more effort??

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Having dealt with tribunals and particularly chairs, who have to be significantly experienced barristers or lawyers, its unlikely that their egos would allow them to accept that they were incapable of judgement.

Maybe.

Either way if the issue is so bafflingly obscure and in the balance how on earth can there possibly be enough certainty to relegate us?

Which makes it a decision of the EFL  to appeal or not?

Guest mkowl
5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Maybe.

I do get the point but if you are not an expert yourself on accounting standards you might call in an expert to assist you in those deliberations.

Quite common in company disputes eg valuation of shares that an agreement might call for a 3rd party to provide a report.

Like I say this is just a theory 

Edited by mkowl