THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Which is evidence of the fact that regardless of the result of the case, we are already being punished. Everyone and their mum knew in the summer we had action pending so impacted on us making a managerial appointment once Bruce left. In January we had no chance of signing anyone decent on a permanent deal with the case confirmed and now we are set to go into another transfer window without any clarification. Not knowing where you stand makes planning near impossible. 

Agreed we have been punished for the past 18 months.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Thats a diffeerent issue , which i agree with but WE will not be relegated this season, i'd put my house  on it.(Dont tell the wife though!)

No, we won't but if we're slapped with a 21 point deduction next season we may as well go down this year, awful as it would be.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Fully agree

I think it’ll be a points deduction and penalty fine but a non disclosure agreement has been signed by all parties to announce until after the season

Unfortunately we may have fubar-ed up the plan with our form 

25 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I don't think (as a club) we can relax at all. 

No player with ambitions of competing at the right end of the Championship is going to sign for us in the summer if there's a possibility of us receiving a hefty points deduction next season.

That's a massive issue in light of how much work we're going to need to do in the transfer market.

Some people are that deluded that they think all the issues with FFP just flitter away and we will resume being a Play off standard team from the Carlos era. Absolute delusion. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Not according to the Guardian who state decisions can be made upto August 4th.

We would have 14 days to appeal any decision then the appeal to be heard then the appeals decision it would be weeks after August 4th

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I do get the point but if you are not an expert yourself on accounting standards you might call in an expert to assist you in those deliberations.

Quite common in company disputes eg valuation of shares that an agreement might call for a 3rd party to provide a report.

Like I say this is just a theory 

Hard to know really. It always seemed to be a judgement between accounting law (compliant?) and EFL rules (non compliant?) so it can't have come as a shock.

I despair about the whole thing actually.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Some people are that deluded that they think all the issues with FFP just flitter away and we will resume being a Play off standard team from the Carlos era. Absolute delusion. 

I don't think anyone believes that. EVeryone knows the club is in a poo situation whether or not we get a points deduction and relegation.

If it is a hefty deduction then I'd rather we go down this season than start with it next and likely relegated then. At least we'd know where we stand and can plan for it again.

• Like 2

Guest mkowl
15 minutes ago, Nero said:

Hard to know really. It always seemed to be a judgement between accounting law (compliant?) and EFL rules (non compliant?) so it can't have come as a shock.

I despair about the whole thing actually.

Yep it shouldn't have been a surprise what the issues were to be discussed as you say.

But when it comes to the date of the transaction it is accounting standards, if it was acceptable under that not sure the EFL can say it was wrong.

That is the point said accounting standards are open to a lot of judgement - 50 shades of grey 

11 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

I don't think anyone believes that. EVeryone knows the club is in a poo situation whether or not we get a points deduction and relegation.

If it is a hefty deduction then I'd rather we go down this season than start with it next and likely relegated then. At least we'd know where we stand and can plan for it again 

Surely a points deduction next season (if it comes) would be better?.  Might help create a siege mentality which, together with a few new players, hopefully results in greater determination, better team spirit and ultimately avoidance of relegation against the odds.  That in itself would feel like reaching the play-offs, then HMS PTL can set sail again in 21/22! 😀

If we were to be relegated this season, that could be us gone for 10 years - and might cause Chansiri to rethink his commitment to financing us, which could get very messy.

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

As Forest and Cardiff prove though. Its not such a big gap to being a play off standard team. With Bruce in charge we would have been around and about too.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Our chairman would have told us....5 nano seconds after the appeal.

I bet he’s itching for an angry mad rant 

1 minute ago, Nero said:

As Forest and Cardiff prove though. Its not such a big gap to being a play off standard team. With Bruce in charge we would have been around and about too.

Fulham were abit shyte for half a season..

And even crappy reading had a pop..

Forest have come good since we pasted em at their place.

Anyone can come good, as you say

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

With Bruce in charge we would have been around and about too.

Think that’s open for debate to be honest 

15 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Or maybe we won the case 3 weeks ago ????....EFL have appealed?? Hence delay ??

I reckon this could be true, we heard the EFL would automatically appeal if they lost to show face to other teams, and I expect there’s an NDA until the appeal is sorted? 

Monk’s attitude hasn’t been very worried about the EFL case of late.  Against Hudds we didn’t exactly throw 3-4 attacking players on to get a winner if we are desperate for points.

Anyway I’m still hoping for the best, expecting the worse. is the Wednesday way

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

The hearing in terms of receiving the clubs & the EFL's submissions might be over but trawling through the submissions to reach a decision may still be ongoing. It's also possible that the Disciplinary Panel have requested further information or legal advice before reaching a decision. It's far more logical than the waiting to see how many points they need deduct to relegate/not relegate us theories.

3 weeks ? Really ,120 hrs ?

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

I reckon this could be true, we heard the EFL would automatically appeal if they lost to show face to other teams, and I expect there’s an NDA until the appeal is sorted? 

Monk’s attitude hasn’t been very worried about the EFL case of late.  Against Hudds we didn’t exactly throw 3-4 attacking players on to get a winner if we are desperate for points.

Anyway I’m still hoping for the best, expecting the worse. is the Wednesday way

😉..Maybe we will be eating humble pie 😉