THE EFL HEARING THREAD

First and foremost, we need to beat Boro tonight and ensure we finish 9 points above the bottom three, just in case there is a  punishment and IF 9 points it's one thing covered off.

All the games tonight with the exception of Luton, look to be in our favour, well should be hopefully but this is football.

Of course there's the possibility of no punishment and happy days.

Loads of maybe's and possibilities BUT need to beat Colin and Gibson tonight.

WAWAW

• Like 2

Bet we’ll never hear either way if the EFL ever did approve the accounts 

Makes you wonder if they did with it been as drawn out as this, doesn’t appear to be any clear cut evidence either way and I think clear cut is what the EFL tried to claim when they put there misconduct charge to DC 

15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Makes you wonder if they did with it been as drawn out as this, doesn’t appear to be any clear cut evidence either way and I think clear cut is what the EFL tried to claim when they put there misconduct charge to DC 

I was under the impression they did see the accounts, agreed them, then lifted the embargo and later went er hang on a minute think we have been too hasty we forgot to look properly. Lets face it competence is not their forte 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The published IDC decision should explain the grounds for upholding/rejecting the charges, though the evidence itself remains confidential.

24 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

I was under the impression they did see the accounts, agreed them, then lifted the embargo and later went er hang on a minute think we have been too hasty we forgot to look properly. Lets face it competence is not their forte 

I reckon they did, just with the other chief in place.  As soon as this one came into power I think he thought, "right, let's make a name for myself.  He agreed it and I don't agree with it! " and here we are... Might be why it is long and drawn out. 

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

bloody hell it would be pretty hard to get less points than we have by Christmas! 

Yes you're right but technically. If we have broken P&S, we will have had the 'benefit' of the players we shouldn't have bought since the date we broke the rules and until the point we are back within P&S. It doesn't just cover this season. Yet another flaw in the rules. 

1 hour ago, Ray Von shabba said:

First and foremost, we need to beat Boro tonight and ensure we finish 9 points above the bottom three, just in case there is a  punishment and IF 9 points it's one thing covered off.

All the games tonight with the exception of Luton, look to be in our favour, well should be hopefully but this is football.

Of course there's the possibility of no punishment and happy days.

Loads of maybe's and possibilities BUT need to beat Colin and Gibson tonight.

WAWAW

IF we're found guilty, it'll almost certainly be more than nine points.  Brum overspent by 13 million (a lot less than us) and they got a nine point deduction having pleased guilty to the charges. If we're guilty, imo, we're going to get hammered.  

2 minutes ago, Big Fish said:

IF we're found guilty, it'll almost certainly be more than nine points.  Brum overspent by 13 million (a lot less than us) and they got a nine point deduction having pleased guilty to the charges. If we're guilty, imo, we're going to get hammered.  

Birmingham got a 9 point deduction for buying a player despite being under an embargo. We were under an embargo bought the stadium after consultation with the EFL who we worked with during the embargo and they lifted the embargo as a result. We are charged with a misconduct over an accounting error not overspending. 

52 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

That's my understanding too. That's why our accounts were late being submitted to Companies House because we were in discussions with the EFL about the sale of the ground & whether we they would accept it being entered into the accounts.

10 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Birmingham got a 9 point deduction for buying a player despite being under an embargo. We were under an embargo bought the stadium after consultation with the EFL who we worked with during the embargo and they lifted the embargo as a result. We are charged with a misconduct over an accounting error not overspending. 

I seem to recall that, but when I read up on it, how the actual punishment was divided up, didn’t mention the embargo specifically. You can be punished up to 12 points depending on the over spend. They overspent by 13 million so that was worth so many points - can’t remember exactly what the amount was. They then saved themselves another point With a guilty plea. But then they were Given another three because their “we are sorry, won’t do it again, plans in place etc” was called BS by the panel, so they finished up with 9. I think the three points chalked off might have been in reference to the embargo but the rest was for breach of FFP

22 minutes ago, Big Fish said:

I think you need to re assess what we are in "trouble" for fella. 

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I think you need to re assess what we are in "trouble" for fella. 

No mate, don’t think I do. Overspend = Up to12. Aggravated circumstance (ground sale) up to 9. If we are guilty on the aggravated circumstance Which is essentially what we are on the stand for then if we are guilty of that, we have to be guilty of the overspend breach. If we are not guilty of the aggravated circumstance, we’re home and hosed because the accounts show we made a profit.

Just now, Big Fish said:

No mate, don’t think I do. Overspend = Up to12. Aggravated circumstance (ground sale) up to 9. If we are guilty on the aggravated circumstance Which is essentially what we are on the stand for then if we are guilty of that, we have to be guilty of the overspend breach. If we are not guilty of the aggravated circumstance, we’re home and hosed because the accounts show we made a profit.

Yes, I think you do, this is not an ffp/p&s breach/issue. 

8 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Yes, I think you do, this is not an ffp/p&s breach/issue. 

Well, if you’re right, then all the talk about up to 21 points deducted is incorrect as the Punishments are practically unlimited, including expulsion. Sobering thought. 21 points doesn't seem so bad Vs expulsion.

10 minutes ago, Big Fish said:

Well, if you’re right, then all the talk about up to 21 points deducted is incorrect as the Punishments are practically unlimited, including expulsion. Sobering thought. 21 points doesn't seem so bad Vs expulsion.

Imagine playing the dog and duck at Hillsborough 

8 minutes ago, Big Fish said:

Expulsion......seriously......have a day off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, swinners said:

I reckon they did, just with the other chief in place.  As soon as this one came into power I think he thought, "right, let's make a name for myself.  He agreed it and I don't agree with it! " and here we are... Might be why it is long and drawn out. 

Agree  Parry came in ,  Gibson and others were straight in his ear and he'll have promised to have a look at it to try and win some friends.