THE EFL HEARING THREAD

38 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

just can’t think of any logical reason if it really was concluded at the end of June why they wouldn’t release the verdict. 

The hearing in terms of receiving the clubs & the EFL's submissions might be over but trawling through the submissions to reach a decision may still be ongoing. It's also possible that the Disciplinary Panel have requested further information or legal advice before reaching a decision. It's far more logical than the waiting to see how many points they need deduct to relegate/not relegate us theories.

• Like 1

Let's put this into perspective. The EFL brought the charges after being pressurised by other championship clubs despite supposedly agreeing to the original transaction?

After a a farcical wait of 9 months before the hearing is due to take place they then bring forward the hearing a week to again appease other championship clubs to try and bring clarity to the situation down the bottom.

If a decision had been made and the decision had gone the EFL's way we would've heard from them by now and the likes of Giddings and Biggs would be straining at the leash to go public with the news and give the chairman and the club a right good verbal kicking?

In summary the EFL's case is not as strong as everyone and their auntie outside S6 thinks it is and our chance of beating the charges are better than average?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah, you said that, so I asked you, if you think we may have won the case as you suggest, why haven't we released a statement?

Maybe it’s got to be a joint release , I don’t actually have a clue 

But I’m personally not buying that the IDP are still deliberating 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Maybe it’s got to be a joint release , I don’t actually have a clue 

But I’m personally not buying that the IDP are still deliberating 

No way the club and EFL are in the dark. Be strict confidentiality agreements in place though 

1 minute ago, modboy said:

No way the club and EFL are in the dark. Be strict confidentiality agreements in place though 

Confidential on what basis? They know the result but they aren't allowed to say because......? When will it be OK for them?

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Confidential on what basis? They know the result but they aren't allowed to say because......? When will it be OK for them?

They will have an idea. Bit like any inspection etc. Seems the outcome has intentionally been left until after the regular season ends for some reason, more than likely to keep the league competitive. Whatever the outcome may be.

1 minute ago, 1963owl said:

we"ll beat boro tomorrow & the club will put out a statrment.

"By the way,NOT ******** GUILTY"

We are not getting relegated tomorrow even IF we are guilty which I doubt. However its too late now because of the appeal process, so even if they rule against us , the process of appeal leaves any penalty to imposed next season and even probably during the campaign not before the season recommences. Time has run out for this season thats a fact.EFL have taken too long to address the matter. We can relax for now.

2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

We are not getting relegated tomorrow even IF we are guilty which I doubt. However its too late now because of the appeal process, so even if they rule against us , the process of appeal leaves any penalty to imposed next season and even probably during the campaign not before the season recommences. Time has run out for this season thats a fact.EFL have taken too long to address the matter. We can relax for now.

Im still not sure that’s true,  if you read Alex Millers article earlier on today he still says they can impose on this season 

Maybe a rushed appeal I don’t know, really I don’t ,  EFL are like judge and jury 

26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Personally don't think a decision has been made yet.

EFL has other clubs representatives on the panel, so for me something would have been leaked before now.

4 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

I don't think (as a club) we can relax at all. 

No player with ambitions of competing at the right end of the Championship is going to sign for us in the summer if there's a possibility of us receiving a hefty points deduction next season.

That's a massive issue in light of how much work we're going to need to do in the transfer market.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Not according to the Guardian who state decisions can be made upto August 4th.

26 minutes ago, modboy said:

They will have an idea. Bit like any inspection etc. Seems the outcome has intentionally been left until after the regular season ends for some reason, more than likely to keep the league competitive. Whatever the outcome may be.

Fully agree

I think it’ll be a points deduction and penalty fine but a non disclosure agreement has been signed by all parties to announce until after the season

• Like 1

Just now, Royal_D said:

Im still not sure that’s true,  if you read Alex Millers article earlier on today he still says they can impose on this season 

Maybe a rushed appeal I don’t know, really I don’t ,  EFL are like judge and jury 

No way the time process does not allow, you cant just rush an appeal. Time frame is against them, the only option is kick us out of the league, but even that would cause massive high court battle. Relax there is no panic.

2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Personally don't think a decision has been made yet.

EFL has other clubs representatives on the panel, so for me something would have been leaked before now.

No it doesn't. The 3 panel members are independant of the club & the EFL.

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

No player with ambitions of competing at the right end of the Championship is going to sign for us in the summer if there's a possibility of us receiving a hefty points deduction next season.

That's a massive issue in light of how much work we're going to need to do in the transfer market.

Thats a diffeerent issue , which i agree with but WE will not be relegated this season, i'd put my house  on it.(Dont tell the wife though!)

Edited by Big Jack

8 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Not according to the Guardian who state decisions can be made upto August 4th.

Any appeal would not even happen before then. You have 2 weeks to decide if you wish to appeal, DC would certainly wait until the last day before lodging it .

Edited by Big Jack

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Which is evidence of the fact that regardless of the result of the case, we are already being punished. Everyone and their mum knew in the summer we had action pending so impacted on us making a managerial appointment once Bruce left. In January we had no chance of signing anyone decent on a permanent deal with the case confirmed and now we are set to go into another transfer window without any clarification. Not knowing where you stand makes planning near impossible.