THE EFL HEARING THREAD

32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

All signs point towards Barnsley’s owners doing that 

And just what would Barnsley suing  over, what would tbere legal challenge be about, yer honour we don't lik the decision. 

35 minutes ago, vulva said:

If I were one of the other clubs that got relegated I’d throw the legal kitchen sink at the EFL. 

On what basis?

The alleged offence with which we are being charged relates to our 2017-18 accounts. Why should Barnsley direrectly benefit when they weren't even in the same division last season? Why has it took so long to bring the case to a conclusion, where in the rules does it state the case has to be heard this season and why should any punishment be brought this season, any more than it should have been applied last season, or next season?

The rules and particularly the way they are applied are nonsensical.  

55 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Guardian saying Wednesday, Wigan and Derby cases may not be fully resolved until beginning of August so relegated clubs may get a reprieve. Membership of Championship is not finalised until after play off finals. What a complete and utter farce!

How is any team supposed to build for the future when they don't know which league they are going to be in. Particularly us when we need virtually a whole new squad. 

Not if we're relegated, we already have a squad worthy of L1.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If indeed that is true it makes the shocking performances against Fulham and Huddersfield even more annoying. 

Correct. Wigan players are busting a gut to try & put as many points on the board as possible. Ours don't seem to giveafuck. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Urgent lack of investment too. When I sat on the 'Wednesdayite Board' it was they who sanctioned the purchase of certain items of physio rehab equipment because old tight arse had refused. 

24 minutes ago, pahowl said:

That’s the biggest load of bull I have heard !

what equipment when ? Golf cart for academy ?

14 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

You should know Paul you asked us all to keep it under wraps. 

I don’t think this is the place to air these sort of comments. 

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf

Cash in those relegation bets if possible. We are staying in this league next year! 

Give massive fist shakes at Barnsley and Middlesbrough etc!

4 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

akbuk said this and I agree but I also blame the inept Monk.

Only the Hull manager has a worse record sine XMS.

1 win in 19 for Hull isn't it. No prizes for guessing who they beat 20 games ago.

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

On what basis?

The alleged offence with which we are being charged relates to our 2017-18 accounts. Why should Barnsley direrectly benefit when they weren't even in the same division last season? Why has it took so long to bring the case to a conclusion, where in the rules does it state the case has to be heard this season and why should any punishment be brought this season, any more than it should have been applied last season, or next season?

The rules and particularly the way they are applied are nonsensical.  

Great post HBW. Got me thinking, if we were given a points deduction, surely DC could have them backdated to a previous season, he seems quite adept at such things.

Edited by Brommers

4 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

I bet somebodies teddies have been thrown out of the pram, just have a bad feeling we are going to come out of this looking bad and starting in Div 1

And that would stop the IDP announcing a decision because ..?