THE EFL HEARING THREAD

The Wigan farce is terrible timing for the EFL, they know we wont take any disciplinary action laying down and now they have a club looking like its going to go out of business over a bet. someone that they approved to take over....

Just now, wilyfox said:

..which would be played out in 9 days, so any deduction would literally pull the rug out from underneath at the last moment. Not very sporting. 

It we've been naughty, fine, give us a punishment, but if they slap 9+ points on us with 3 games to go after they charged us in November would just look like they are trying to relegate us. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Friday is the day where bad news usually comes out. Oldest business trick going. 

Nah this is Sheffield Wednesday under DC - he will wait until something positive happens on the pitch so he can pull the club back down.

Its just because Monk is ******** useless that the decision has been delayed so long.

Lets see if we can beat QPR decision will be announced straight after.

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

I'll spell it out for you - the EFL are not the law and no laws have been broken by the club. We have been charged for an alleged breach of the EFL rules 

I never said they were the Law?

Did I?

Jesus wept

Well done for pointing out the obvious...

Go treat yourself and watch some wet paint for the next few days

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

It we've been naughty, fine, give us a punishment, but if they slap 9+ points on us with 3 games to go after they charged us in November would just look like they are trying to relegate us. 

I'm wondering if the delay may be down to DC agreeing not to appeal a deduction providing it doesn't relegate us, but we haven't managed to put enough points between us and the bottom 3, so he'd be forced to appeal and drag it beyond this season. 

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I'll spell it out for you - the EFL are not the law and no laws have been broken by the club. We have been charged for an alleged breach of the EFL rules 

Yes, and it's by their rules that we are being investigated/charged/punished.

It's got nothing to do with the law, it's got to do with the rules of the game.  Might as well tell the EFL that we're applying 10 points a win for us this season and therefore going up.  I don't think SYP will care, but the EFL and EPL might have something to say about it.

2 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Seems like yesterday that Nuhiu scored on his debut against QPR. And here we are several years later and nothing really has happened. We are literally the stand still club.

Frozen in time. 3 hours to go IF there is an announcement today. Not holding my breath.

I can remember watching that game in the boozer as we were the live TV game outside the UK. Six years ago? 

Just now, Manwë said:

It's got nothing to do with the law, it's got to do with the rules of the game.  Might as well tell the EFL that we're applying 10 points a win for us this season and therefore going up.  I don't think SYP will care, but the EFL and EPL might have something to say about it.

Could we do that ?...........break away from the EFL and form our own league comprising just ourselves.........we'd win everything going at least unless we score in our own net of course !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

10 points a win you say? 

1 minute ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Could we do that ?...........break away from the EFL and form our own league comprising just ourselves.........we'd win everything going at least unless we score in our own net of course !

we'd manage to shag it up somehow