THE EFL HEARING THREAD

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Lots of people saying on social media it will be announced today with a -12 point deduction. Let’s just hope it isn’t true because we will be in sodding league one next season. 

I tried looking on socialmedia.com to verify but it took me to Groupon

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

The charge is for fiddling the books by backdating the sale.

Not for fraudulently making up a company to buy the ground.

FFS we have not fiddled the books, where are the criminal charges if we have and where is the evidence to support your post? We have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

And probably then hit with another deduction in 3 weeks time too. When the latest accounts go into companies house for last season figures

Can't they just do that now and ad it on to this charge, saves getting hit with two srperaye deductions. 

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Can't they just do that now and ad it on to this charge, saves getting hit with two srperaye deductions. 

Based on the 2018 figures with the ground sale in and what changed from that season to last I just cannot see the losses being less that £20-25m. 

Unless Dc got that mega Sponsorship deal from D-Taxis 2.0 

26 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The non movement of funds is a total misnomer. Maguire talking poo on that one.

As for the company used not existing - irrelevant - you can novate a contract between exchange and completion.

For accounting purposes you can recognise the transaction on exchange of contracts if it is unconditional - key concept is to recognise the substance of the transaction not its legal form. So date it is legally registered is another misnomer

So it is unusual for sure but the devil in this is in the detail of the contracts - which aren't in the public domain. 

So no one unless you had access to those documents can make a judgement on this 

There you go again talking the truth

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Based on the 2018 figures with the ground sale in and what changed from that season to last I just cannot see the losses being less that £20-25m. 

Unless Dc got that mega Sponsorship deal from D-Taxis 2.0 

What were the losses the year before the ground sale? Circa £2m profit on the last accounts (including ground sale).

Although, P&S losses are not the same as total losses per the accounts. Certain things can be deducted out for P&S purposes 

My theory... why not there’s a few about. 

We’ve lost the case and are gonna be docked points, 9 maybe 12. However a deal is made between EFL and our club that the points come off next season not this, hence they’re delaying the announcement. Couple of reasons for my thoughts....

Has any team ever been docked points with so few games left? 

EFL now have Wigan appealing their -12. Thé end of season / final table needs to be sorted in 2 weeks. 

I think the EFL might stand the vitriol coming their way from Boro / Barnsley and go with the delay. 

Just a thought - yeh I’m probably well wide of the mark. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Who the fizz are all those chumps

Oi, at least 2 of those accounts are mine. 

Dropped into work this morning and was confronted by a snorting pork hound of a colleague who says its minus 9 this year and minus 12 next year. Like on twatter it seems there's a correlation between people that know and how many fingers they have and who their mother and sister is. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Latest Odds as of 11.50 A.M. Friday 10th July from Betfair.

Seems we are 2/1 at the moment to get relegated.

Other graph shows how we have shortened over time this season.

Betfair_Relegation.jpg.97454737e8e62ed36337bae5089b5064.jpgBetffair_Relegation_OverTime.jpg.11e5ad147bb97300734fece89b9cadfe.jpg

Those odds do reflect the deduction possibility.