THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Sure, but if those players on the pitch are only there because rules have been broken then it's not a level playing field.

Our off the field shenanigans have been exactly to influence the outcome on the pitch.  It's not like we allegedly broke the rules to invest massively in the stadium or the academy, we did it to pay for FF, Abdi and Rhodes et al.

When has professional  football been a level playing field (no pun intended!) certainly not in my life time of over 60 yrs!Obviously got worse since premiership and tv money.

The current EFL rules are not fit for purpose, there should be a wage cap on players that should have happened years ago. 

• Like 1

I know absolutely the same as everybody else about this (nothing), before any self righteous posters decide to jump all over me again, but surely some kind of common sense has to be followed? I actually agree with Barnsley on this matter. The only sensible and fair thing to do, would be to deduct the points from us during the season the offence was actually committed, so that any teams that were affected can then be compensated by DC and if that means us going down and some other team surviving so be it. Does a 15 points penalty sound about right?

OK, let's look at how that would have affected everybody.....

Just checking now..........offence committed ...... accounts affected ........2017/2018....

Right then with say a heavy 15 point deduction in 2017/2018, the season in which our accounts were allegedly falsified, SWFC would have survived by 1 point, wait a minute...... with Barnsley still going down! So no difference would have been made whatsoever, unless we have to return some money for finishing higher up the table?

Come on EFL, even if you had acted fairly and immediately, nothing would have changed and we would just be £60M better off the season after, when I believe we were restricted from spending, so how many times do we have to be punished? Surely the punishment that has been hanging over us all this time, the negative bias shown towards us on the field by EFL employees and the further spending restrictions that have been recommended, which we have supposedly adhered to, under EFL scrutiny, is enough? Birmingham totally ignored the EFL's spending advice and got off with little more than a slapped wrist!

2017/18 table at the end of the season...

image.png.728eb5ea31906c546cb3cd388516576c.png

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

Just now, Morepork said:

They can take out points but not our humor..... 

Tbh I do find it quite funny. After 20 years of searching for a wealthy benefactor we end up with one throwing £100m at it, and land in League 1. You’ve got to laugh. It’s brilliant.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Tbh I do find it quite funny. After 20 years of searching for a wealthy benefactor we end up with one throwing £100m at it, and land in League 1. You’ve got to laugh. It’s brilliant.  

I know what you mean. Only we could have landed the Chevy Chase of the business world. National Lampoons V̶a̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶  Relegation.....

• Haha 2

Guest Grandad

Backdating the points deduction to a previous season is a ridiculous suggestion

It should be in the season that the charge was raised

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

The irony of it has brought tears of laughter to my eyes too, but the new tablets are helping a lot!

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, pahowl said:

We also do not have full details of the charge, it is assumed that it is solely about the timing of the sale of the stadium.

They may be disputing the valuation (as in Derby''s case)

Anyone know what is happening to the charges against Derby which were levied before ours?

I have always presumed it covers both 

Derby case seems to have gone quiet

Maguire getting excited because they had not yet filed accounts that were due end of June 

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

FFS we have not fiddled the books, where are the criminal charges if we have and where is the evidence to support your post? We have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law

Im just putting it how they see it.

Dry your eyes mate...

Im on the same side of the club not against it...