THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Ferkorf
8 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

I can’t see how it’s possible or even why an independent panel would purposely delay announcing the level of deduction, in the hope Wednesday get more points on the board and the deduction has no effect. Doesn’t make sense to me

True..

No decision has been made yet, but obviously most believe the 14 year old kid that was putting it on tw@tter all day that we had won the case.

We only gave our evidence last friday according to Monk in the press conference.

1 hour ago, the third man said:

Cant see the judgement waiting until the appeal has been heard, that would be another completely different case and would have be sceduled so the date should be in the public domain, but as this is the EFL anything could be happening

I'm not suggesting that the judgement is awaiting the appeal, there has to be a judgement before there can be an appeal. But I do wonder whether the length of time to announcement the judgement is because there has been an agreement by both parties not to announce the judgement (whichever side has won) before an appeal is heard (or at least the right to make an appeal has lapsed).

It isn't a public process, there are no court reporters so if both parties agree to this then they can do what they want.

My two penneth on the delay of the announcement is to allow the legal teams from both sides to draft their response to the outcome. We all know legal people don't rush for anybody.

22 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

If he posted "today is Wednesday the 8th July 2020" he would be right.

Everything else he posts is made up BS of the vaguest kind.

Is he really that bad? Pretty sure he has got certain things right in the past? 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Maybe a deal done whereby we get enough points with a deduction to stay up one place above relegation after said points deduction....noone loses face.

As if clubs in the bottom three wouldn't challenge an outcome that leaves is just above the dotted line...

Nowt fishy about that :laugh:

26 minutes ago, Manwë said:

The fact that people don't know how the system works, when verdicts are announced and when any punishment takes effect shows an urgent need for more transparency from the authorities.  

Not just for us fans, but clubs who are affected by outcomes of such hearings.  Crystal clear rules and consequences are needed.

It's a poor showing that we're relying on Twitter to get second-hand opinion from people who are not-ITK as a means to deliberate the outcome while being 11 days in to a three day hearing and not a peep has come out.   

Very true, no reason why they can't put out an estimated timetable.

13 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Rick Parry to be interviewed on Talksport at 12:30 about Wigan & “other issues”!

You'll get nothing out of that. They should have done this yesterday when Simon Jordan was on, coz he gives zero f*cks lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Hi Nigel, well researched. I don't have any problem with the occasional cut and paste as the onset of dementia can make life so difficult in many different ways. What is not so surprising is that you would take the time to gain a laugh at my expense for one of a number of disabilities I have.

The frustrating thing about the early onset of dementia is that memory is well capable of going back 50 years or more. Yet, can not recall the simple task of determining whether or not you have remembered to take your morning medication.

So apologies if anyone is offended by my giving a clearer picture of the Saint Pauli district in view of the fact that I remembered my curry house though not the name.

So not offended Nigel just surprised that an 'upstanding businessman' and 'charitable hero' has so much time on his hands to search for cheap laughs at my expense. And such a shame for me that I have had to resort to defending my integrity by revealing part of my medical history.      

It's not right pal 

Guest Mcguigan
14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Is he really that bad? Pretty sure he has got certain things right in the past? 

" Any news on transfers for Sheffield Wednesday Nicko?"

" Monk's priority is a striker, plenty of irons in the fire. Needs to offload first."

Guest mrbluesky
18 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Hi Nigel, well researched. I don't have any problem with the occasional cut and paste as the onset of dementia can make life so difficult in many different ways. What is not so surprising is that you would take the time to gain a laugh at my expense for one of a number of disabilities I have.

The frustrating thing about the early onset of dementia is that memory is well capable of going back 50 years or more. Yet, can not recall the simple task of determining whether or not you have remembered to take your morning medication.

So apologies if anyone is offended by my giving a clearer picture of the Saint Pauli district in view of the fact that I remembered my curry house though not the name.

So not offended Nigel just surprised that an 'upstanding businessman' and 'charitable hero' has so much time on his hands to search for cheap laughs at my expense. And such a shame for me that I have had to resort to defending my integrity by revealing part of my medical history.      

Cheers, Dave

27 minutes ago, mogbad said:

My two penneth on the delay of the announcement is to allow the legal teams from both sides to draft their response to the outcome. We all know legal people don't rush for anybody.

If it was a good resolution for us there wouldn’t be a delay I don’t think, there must be some kind of appeal going on behind closed doors or Chansiri is doing whatever. Would he do that if there were no points being deducted? 

I don’t think so. We’re fooked

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Parry has just made a good point to be fair.

If you try and make the fit and proper owner test more stringent, you limit the pool of potential owners, and would clubs vote for this?

Think we already know that Rick..in fairness if they have the cash and prove it then not much the league can do. If the rumours are true 're Wigan then it was a well orchestrated and nothing could have been done. Think as others have said in what world does a bookie in the far east  think that a huge bet on a championship team is not  a little suspicious.