THE EFL HEARING THREAD

11 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Watch this space...

Thought he'd have something more flash. 

Bit concerned now.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Obvious question but why don't the EFL employ / retain Nick De Marco on an ongoing basis to review their practices, their procedures, and to look over any action before they announce/take it against a club?

If he's winning every case against the EFL then it makes the whole thing ridiculous in the first place

Just hire him to oversee all the legal side of the EFL and make sure everything they're doing can't be successfully challenged and overturned before they make a move

Or is that too obvious?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 hour ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

There are a lot of Wednesday fans wanting us to be found guilty and have the book thrown at us, just so they can vindicate their DC prejudices.

Personally, if we’re banged to rights beyond reasonable doubt then we deserve to be punished, until then, I’ll continue with my “prejudice “ that the EFL couldn’t regulate a drunken party in a brewery!

That is a reyt crock of Shìte that post.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The problem with a chairman/owner owned EFL & EPL is the inherent conflict of interest. This is why I have argued for years that if we can't have Government involvement then the FA should take up the mantle but not with the old farts who have been there for years.    

And regulate the Premier League, too. Clubs regulating and investigating themselves leads inevitably to injustice. 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Obvious question but why don't the EFL employ / retain Nick De Marco on an ongoing basis to review their practices, their procedures, and to look over any action before they announce/take it against a club?

If he's winning every case against the EFL then it makes the whole thing ridiculous in the first place

Just hire him to oversee all the legal side of the EFL and make sure everything they're doing can't be successfully challenged and overturned before they make a move

Or is that too obvious?

Maybe they have but he has said "Its much more fun watching me kick your arse every time in court!!! Look I can even rub it in and post about my baking skills whilst kicking your arse"

(I'm not In The Know before anyone asks)

16 minutes ago, bobness said:

The purpose of a watch is to keep terrible time?

I hope his lawyering is better than his English, and as good as his cherry tarts!

I knew what he meant ....maybe he has to put it that way for the twitter mob?

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or is that too obvious?

Knowing our luck ours will be the one case he loses.

Guest Theboylangers
2 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Knowing our luck ours will be the one case he loses.

We're always the ones to break other teams crap runs. Let's hope it doesn't extend to lawyers. 

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or is that too obvious?

Your getting things mixed up, he's on our side.

2 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

We're always the ones to break other teams crap runs. Let's hope it doesn't extend to lawyers. 

Aye, doesn't bode well for tonight does it?  Preston on a bad run of form.  What could go wrong!?

36 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Watch this space...

We've lost!

Omega is the 24th and last letter of the Greek Alphabet.   How many teams in the Championship?  24.

We're going to finish bottom.  That's it, it's over.

Although potentially hinting that we make take our appeal to the Geneva Court of Human Rights, but I don't want to claim to be ITK or anything.

• Haha 7

Just now, Grandad said:

FAO moderators.

Given the attack on me was allowed to stand for 4 hours - I would very much appreciate my own response to that to be allowed to stand for (at the minimum) the same 4 hours if its reported. I think thats only fair

Everyone has the right to defend themselves mate. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1