THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, darra said:

Maybe the verdict is in and the lawyers are looking through it to see if they agree with everything before deciding what to do next 

They’re going to say sorry, give us 12 points and we’ll beat Leeds in the play-off final.

BELIEVE!!!

:duntmatter:

7 hours ago, Grandad said:

Its exactly that. Dejected.

Or soulless as someone else has pointed out

I sit in the pub before the game and I can feel my shoulders sinking the closer it gets to 3pm

Pretty much every football stadium in the country is soulless nowadays. Football has sold its soul for corporate hospitality and rip off ticket prices. Now you either get a full stadium full of prawn sarnie/sit down brigade or you get an half empty stadium like us. 

I’ve joked for a few years now that the worst bit about a day out at the match is actually the 90 minutes of football. Be better off staying in the pub talking with friends and family.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Pretty much every football stadium in the country is soulless nowadays. Football has sold its soul for corporate hospitality and rip off ticket prices. Now you either get a full stadium full of prawn sarnie/sit down brigade or you get an half empty stadium like us. 

I’ve joked for a few years now that the worst bit about a day out at the match is actually the 90 minutes of football. Be better off staying in the pub talking with friends and family.

Have mates who support PL clubs and do this, watching the match in a pub near the ground 

36 minutes ago, modboy said:

Have mates who support PL clubs and do this, watching the match in a pub near the ground 

Doesn’t surprise me. 

It’s been said numerous times but we are so far behind the German match day experience it’s actually laughable. Their whole day is set up for the fan experience. Fans get in the ground/round the ground about 3 hours before and an hour or so after and enjoy decent food and drink at acceptable prices. 

Over here it’s pay up shut up and go home. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Doesn’t surprise me. 

It’s been said numerous times but we are so far behind the German match day experience it’s actually laughable. Their whole day is set up for the fan experience. Fans get in the ground/round the ground about 3 hours before and an hour or so after and enjoy decent food and drink at acceptable prices. 

Over here it’s pay up shut up and go home. 

Oh how often do you get over there ? Give us a bit more about your experiences ?

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Been pretty quiet that the poundland prince has taken out a loan to buy out Mcsow's control of the ground and doss house. Strange that a supposed rich Saudi Prince has yet again failed to stick his own money in but hocked the curly tails into a loan to the emirates bank. DC at least throws his own money at it even if it is ill judged. 

That’s got to be a worry for our porcine friends,( HA HA ),’The Prince hasn’t a pot to pee in. That’s why DC deserves a bit more respect than he gets from some quarters.

Just my opinion.

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Oh how often do you get over there ? Give us a bit more about your experiences ?

Been over about 6/7 times so far to watch games. I’ve been to Bundesliga games at Dortmund, Bremen, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Cologne and Freiburg. Also went over for our pre season last summer at Lubeck and Kiel. 

What do you want to know? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Don't you?

In the current climate how about a significant drop in revenue from our away support

So the EFL are going to base judgements and punishment on disciplinary matters based on away support?

I hope Wednesday players go out dirty against PNE players, ref reaches for the red card 'oh well, you do have good travelling support and it could have been the wind that decapitated that Preston player anyway, play on lads'.

• Like 1

Just now, Manwë said:

So the EFL are going to base judgements and punishment on disciplinary matters based on away support?

I hope Wednesday players go out dirty against PNE players, ref reaches for the red card 'oh well, you do have good travelling support and it could have been the wind that decapitated that Preston player anyway, play on lads'.

Your comparison of the two is ridiculous......there are absolutely no financial implications in sending off a player.

If we are in league 1 next season that could easily equate to well over £1m in lost revenue to EFL clubs

14 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Been over about 6/7 times so far to watch games. I’ve been to Bundesliga games at Dortmund, Bremen, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Cologne and Freiburg. Also went over for our pre season last summer at Lubeck and Kiel. 

What do you want to know? 

I went over with our lot to Kaiserslautern at the Fitzwalter. That was a special atmosphere (Pre standing cages). Other than that Bochum more than 50 years ago. last two or three years a couple of visits to St Pauli.

Lively bars and nightclubs draw partygoers to Reeperbahn, the main thoroughfare of St. Pauli’s raucous red-light district. Off the main street, theaters like Schmidts Tivoli and Operettenhaus present cabaret shows and musicals.Some great Curry houses, the nearby Karolinenviertel neighborhood is known for its hip local fashion boutiques and trendy cafes. Lined with fish restaurants, the St. Pauli Piers offer sightseeing boat tours.

Of the Football it is a reasonable standard but like ours nothing special anywhere since a thorough sanitisation but I think Saint Pauli fans are real standout. I'd like to get to see the derby but chances are very remote.

If you can pick the right match then Scotland away from the premier can provide some good entertainment.