THE EFL HEARING THREAD

The longer it goes on the better.... because there has to be enough games left to try to get your points deduction back ..... they can’t deduct 12 points...when we only have 3 or 4 games left ........................can they ????????

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We’ll be out of the EU before we get to hear a decision on this at this rate.

We'll have rejoined the EU before we get to hear a decision.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

The longer it goes on the better.... because there has to be enough games left to try to get your points deduction back ..... they can’t deduct 12 points...when we only have 3 or 4 games left ........................can they ????????

I thought something similar.

If they know the verdict - big if - AND its a season position changing deduction AND they dont tell us before the Preston NE game - surely that is unfair and would be challenged ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

It's the EFL....................their motto is....................

original.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

There are a lot of Wednesday fans wanting us to be found guilty and have the book thrown at us, just so they can vindicate their DC prejudices.

Personally, if we’re banged to rights beyond reasonable doubt then we deserve to be punished, until then, I’ll continue with my “prejudice “ that the EFL couldn’t regulate a drunken party in a brewery!

What a ridiculous notion.

Everybody gets a thrill from being right about things, but unless you are a real saddo that does not get that thrill very often, it does not last very long, unlike the pain and suffering that would come from our club being punished and sent down a division which is all too possible. 

I have never liked the idea of any owner taking total control of any football club, without showing any respect for the rules, the game, the club, the fans and everything that good respectable football club owners should do. I really disliked the idea of our club having more foreign players than local lads playing for the team and really disliked the idea of a foreign owner buying the club that I have always loved and followed through thick and thin, without any idea of what football, is, never mind what Sheffield Wednesday are, but we all have to move with the times, whether you like it or not. Personally, I have met the bloke and think he is ok as a person, but as the owner of our football club he has made so many bad decisions and hidden away from admitting that his mistakes are his mistakes all along, always blaming everybody else and even going as far as blaming the fans and their lack of enthusiasm to fund his latest money wasting venture. 

Although I fear that DC may have done something wrong here, I really really hope and believe that the EFL have given us misleading advice which has been acted on in good faith and has resulted in a very long and drawn out battle to clear the club's and DC's names. However, if we are found totally guilty and the EFL are found totally innocent in all of this do you the club should be punished or DC personally? I really do not think the club and fans deserve any of this uncertainty of a dark cloud that we have been living under for the past few seasons and the only time we have been able to have a say over any of it, we have had our words thrown back in our faces by the only person that is truly responsible. Hopefully we will be found innocent of all charges, but that does not disguise the fact that we have been very badly mismanaged during DC's tenure so far and I really do hope more than anything that we can actually one day soon have an owner than knows and understands football enough to get us back on an even keel and heading back to the prem in a way that does not put us in a situation like this ever again.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, nickywire said:

not hard, we left end of Jan

Ahh, but have we, still under EU rules until 31 December. Flextension been offered. Still under EU jurisdiction until end of the transition period.

That’s not left in my eyes. That’s political wordsmithery.

Edited by theowlsman

33 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

There are a lot of Wednesday fans wanting us to be found guilty and have the book thrown at us, just so they can vindicate their DC prejudices.

Surely the fact we're in this mess already vindicates DC's critics! I'm one of them, and I'm rooting for the club to dodge this bullet.

I'm also hoping that DC ultimately proves me wrong.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Personally, if we’re banged to rights beyond reasonable doubt then we deserve to be punished, until then, I’ll continue with my “prejudice “ that the EFL couldn’t regulate a drunken party in a brewery!

what a load of rubbish. 

• Haha 1

Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

It’s true, there are people who will love it if it turns to sh.!t.

Fans of this club imo will not love it if we are found guilty. I’m not a fan of DC, want him out but I will be devastated if we are deducted points and it isn’t something I want to happen no matter how I feel about DC. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1