THE EFL HEARING THREAD

13 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

It could be that they’re still deliberating over the punishment, but their discussions have become somewhat sidelined by what’s happened at Wigan, which has the potential for the s**t to hit the fan big time as far as the EFL are concerned, particularly since the town’s  MP seems to have taken a keen interest in the situation.

The EFL have certainly been busy writing a lengthy update on th Wigan situation.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-update-wigan-athletic/

Guest Ferkorf

I genuinely believe its not concluded at all yet.

Something like this is bound to drag on.

Is it not a known fact we only gave our evidence last Thursday/Friday source Monks presser?

9 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I went over with our lot to Kaiserslautern at the Fitzwalter. That was a special atmosphere (Pre standing cages). Other than that Bochum more than 50 years ago. last two or three years a couple of visits to St Pauli.

Lively bars and nightclubs draw partygoers to Reeperbahn, the main thoroughfare of St. Pauli’s raucous red-light district. Off the main street, theaters like Schmidts Tivoli and Operettenhaus present cabaret shows and musicals.Some great Curry houses, the nearby Karolinenviertel neighborhood is known for its hip local fashion boutiques and trendy cafes. Lined with fish restaurants, the St. Pauli Piers offer sightseeing boat tours.

Of the Football it is a reasonable standard but like ours nothing special anywhere since a thorough sanitisation but I think Saint Pauli fans are real standout. I'd like to get to see the derby but chances are very remote.

If you can pick the right match then Scotland away from the premier can provide some good entertainment.

Yeah I’ve done Hamburg twice now and loved it, in fact it’s probably my favourite city I’ve ever been to as it’s got everything. Reeperbahn is interesting to say the least. 

From an atmosphere point of view it’s fantastic at all grounds. I make sure I get tickets in the standing sections when I go, only time I failed was Dortmund. When I went to watch Bremen they got pummelled by Monchengladbach but they fans sang from first whistle to last, apart from a 5 minute spell in the second half where they gave their board grief, didn’t understand a word but it sounded funny anyway with everyone in the ground pointing at the directors box. 

Düsseldorf is pretty amazing too and makes a great central location to travel to other grounds.  Cologne was great. Freiburg was very much like York but wasn’t great for boozers as more of a locals place. 

It goes against popular opinion but I’d say Dortmund was probably the least I’ve enjoyed and the town is poo . Literally no point going there other than for the footie, if you do go then stay in Düsseldorf. 

• Like 1

The longer these things take, the more incompetent EFL appear.

Us, Derby, Wigan, Macclesfield all involved with EFL processes which will have a greater effect on the leagues than the football itself. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Only 2 weeks till the season ends and we still don’t know if we’re getting a points deduction.  Crazy 

Maybe we (as in the club) do know the decision, but it’s not been announced publicly yet due to waiting on time period for appeals to be allowed......

37 minutes ago, christo said:

Just a thought, not knowledge based at all. Could it be they announce the outcome after the seasons concluded. With a 9/12 point deduction imposed next season? 

I think this likely tbh.

We'll be starting next season on -12, with no crowds and us watching on iFollow.

How thrilling will that be?

Guest mrbluesky
4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I think this likely tbh.

We'll be starting next season on -12, with no crowds and us watching on iFollow.

How thrilling will that be?

At least when I walk out after 40 minutes it`s not far to the kitchen to grab a beer.

32 minutes ago, striker said:

The longer these things take, the more incompetent EFL appear.

Us, Derby, Wigan, Macclesfield all involved with EFL processes which will have a greater effect on the leagues than the football itself. 

I completely agree, but let's be honest these things aren't often straight forward, and clubs (or more specifically their legal teams) are always likely to drag things out for as long as possible.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the monk said:

Are away fans not allowed in the lower leagues?

Do you seriously think away support is a consideration?

Do I really need to answer your first question?.....on the assumption that it’s genuine then the answer is, in the same numbers no....do you think we will get the same allocation at Burton, Accrington and Wimbledon that we would at Derby, Villa, Forest etc.

Away support as you put it might not be a consideration......hard cash which will be the end result may well be

1 hour ago, christo said:

Just a thought, not knowledge based at all. Could it be they announce the outcome after the seasons concluded. With a 9/12 point deduction imposed next season? 

Been saying this for ages, with an appeal likely from either side whatever the result, i cant see any punishment being applied this season, the timings wont fit

plus this season should have been over nearly 2 months ago, so before the result would have been announced all teams should have planning for next season, so that's another reason to appeal any punishment applied this season

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

COVID-19 thread was averaging about 50 pages a day at one bit... Last time I looked it was around 2700 odd pages.  Slowed down considerably, so I can't see it reaching 3000 pages. 

It's just reached 2800

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

The EFL have certainly been busy writing a lengthy update on th Wigan situation.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-update-wigan-athletic/

"This set of circumstances is more illustrative of the wider financial challenges facing EFL Clubs, who, without a full and comprehensive reset of football’s finances, including how monies are distributed throughout the game, will continue to struggle to meet the demands of an outdated and unsustainable model."

That's a very interesting comment.  So they know clubs are struggling because of the incredible financial bias towards to PL and its relegated clubs but they're going to punish clubs regardless.  Just you watch, we'll get a huge points deduction and at the end of this season they'll soften their stance and stop dishing them out in future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the third man said:

Been saying this for ages, with an appeal likely from either side whatever the result, i cant see any punishment being applied this season, the timings wont fit

plus this season should have been over nearly 2 months ago, so before the result would have been announced all teams should have planning for next season, so that's another reason to appeal any punishment applied this season

Is it not the appeal that what we are waiting for?  What if a judgement has been reached but the parties have agreed not to disclose it until such time that the losing party has had the opportunity to appeal the judgement? That would mean that finally when it is announced it will be the definitive judgement not subject to appeal with all the ongoing uncertainty that would bring. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Is it not the appeal that what we are waiting for?  What if a judgement has been reached but the parties have agreed not to disclose it until such time that the losing party has had the opportunity to appeal the judgement? That would mean that finally when it is announced it will be the definitive judgement not subject to appeal with all the ongoing uncertainty that would bring. 

or maybe the EFL are trying to work out their arse from their elbow.

• Haha 1