THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Looking back to all those posters Sunday neet was it ? The ITK ones ...wonder when we will seem them back ?

I thought it was Thursday/Friday that the rumours were kicking about?

Seeing as Gibson at Middlesbrough and Barnsley we’re doing the most sh#t stirring about Wednesday...Are the panel hoping Middlesbrough and Barnsley stay up ...then give us a points deduction to finish 4th from bottom ???....I bet Gibson and the dingles will say nothing then ..just so long as they stay up too

I’m just pinning my hopes on Gypsy Owl’s source Being close enough to know, as he has previous for being right.

That said, with each passing day since his post, I am becoming less and less confident. 

I also think it is very unlikely they are waiting to see how many points we get before they dock us points. That sounds very wishful thinking at best. There is no way that would not lead to follow up legal action from

the clubs it affects. 

Edited by Think tank

41 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

For the EFL to save face?   

Makes em look like they’re doing something, while at the same time not affecting owt really and avoids them incurring another mahoosive  legal bill!

Why does an independent panel have interests in saving face of the EFL at the detriment to their own integrity. That makes no sense at all. If the panel find a verdict then they decide the level of punishment. In giving the punishment they have no interest in protecting either swfc or the EFL

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Why does an independent panel have interests in saving face of the EFL at the detriment to their own integrity. That makes no sense at all. If the panel find a verdict then they decide the level of punishment. In giving the punishment they have no interest in protecting either swfc or the EFL

It's almost like people wanna believe the conspiracy theories.... You might have to post this another 10 times yet today

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf
24 minutes ago, goodytheowl said:

If it was a good resolution for us there wouldn’t be a delay I don’t think, there must be some kind of appeal going on behind closed doors or Chansiri is doing whatever. Would he do that if there were no points being deducted? 

I don’t think so. We’re fooked

Can't do appeals behind closes doors.

Doesn't work like that.

Hence why the case is still ongoing and there has been no outcome yet

We need an EFL that is open, transparent, competent and pure in thought and spirit with the best interests of the game and the integrity of the sporting competition always in mind and in heart.  

We also need an EFL that does backroom deals with rule-breaking clubs to give the illusion of punishment to those suckers elsewhere, while those excluded from the dodgy deal because they stuck to the rules are punished by being slightly worse on-the-field than the rule-breaking clubs.

Typical EFL, can't do anything right these days!

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
5 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Everybody just stop and read this...

The most important word being INDEPENDENT

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Maybe a deal done whereby we get enough points with a deduction to stay up one place above relegation after said points deduction....noone loses face.

Surely everyone loses face with such an obvious stitch-up.  If reporting of ground sale in 17/18 is deemed a no-go then (by my understanding) we have busted P&S rules by £xxm, whatever the figure may be, and points deduction will be related to that overspend.

3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Surely everyone loses face with such an obvious stitch-up.  If reporting of ground sale in 17/18 is deemed a no-go then (by my understanding) we have busted P&S rules by £xxm, whatever the figure may be, and points deduction will be related to that overspend.

Let's be realistic here the panel consists of a QC and if you think that they are going to risk losing their profession over this you are massively wide of the mark

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Let's be realistic here the panel consists of a QC and if you think that they are going to risk losing their profession over this you are massively wide of the mark

Sorry, why does fact that panel includes a QC make a stitch-up more likely?  Maybe I’ve misunderstood your point.

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Sorry, why does fact that panel includes a QC make a stitch-up more likely?  Maybe I’ve misunderstood your point.

No I'm saying the opposite in that the QC is the independent expert on the 'law of the land' and how that interprets across to the charges that have been levelled.

I would just like to add again that we have broken no civil or criminal law and these charges relate entirely to the alleged breach of rules of the EFL

Edited by soldierboyblue
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

😂
sums Parry up that...ladies n gentlemen, your EFL chairman!

He was just making the point that clubs hold a lot of the cards, and can veto rule changes if they actually think it will make their lives more difficult. Nobody thinks about the worse case, as in Wigan.  

30 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Depends how “independent” the panel is.

There is only 3 people on the panel, a legal representative from the EFL, the clubs QC & an independant chairman. If the panel wasn't acting independantly i'm sure the clubs QC would be shouting from the rooftops.

1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

Parry has just made a good point to be fair.

If you try and make the fit and proper owner test more stringent, you limit the pool of potential owners, and would clubs vote for this?

Gangsters and shysters the world over take note.

• Like 1