THE EFL HEARING THREAD

13 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

The tribunal doesn't decide the punishment does it?

I thought that they only decide whether the rules have been broken. If they have then its down to the EFL to impose any sanctions.

Obviously I am only assuming this. No doubt someone already posted the answer but scrolling through 279 pages.....

Can someone clarify this again please. Thanks.

See this post by @steelowl As @mogbad said, it's the Disciplinary Panel that decides the punishment.

1 hour ago, wednesdaywizard said:

"This set of circumstances is more illustrative of the wider financial challenges facing EFL Clubs, who, without a full and comprehensive reset of football’s finances, including how monies are distributed throughout the game, will continue to struggle to meet the demands of an outdated and unsustainable model."

That's a very interesting comment.  So they know clubs are struggling because of the incredible financial bias towards to PL and its relegated clubs but they're going to punish clubs regardless.  Just you watch, we'll get a huge points deduction and at the end of this season they'll soften their stance and stop dishing them out in future.

Yes, I saw that bit. Somebody from the EFL (maybe Rick Parry?) described parachute payments as evil recently as well I think. So, longer term maybe they are grasping the issue. 

I wouldn't say it's fair using that new found zeal against SWFC for events in previous seasons, under a previous EFL regime though 

Hopefully, we'll win to draw a line under it all, and the EFL acts with much more clarity in future. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

No one can argue DC sticks his hand in his pocket but sadly much of it has gone to waste.

Wasted by one manager. That's one of my biggest gripes with DC, why give one manager a fortune (who failed) and then expect the new managers to work wonders with nothing. That's not quite a level play field to assess managers. 

• Like 2

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

If you look at the Macclesfield verdict, the outcome was announced a good few days before the EFL said it would be appealing the decision. I don’t see why ours would be any different whichever party had appealed 

This!

The judgement has not been made yet its as simple as that.

It’ll be typical of Wednesday to be given the option to delay the points deduction to a date  where it no longer significantly affects us or the rest of the division.

“Go and get some points on the board lads, avoid relegation and then we’ll deduct a few to make it look like we’ve done something” 

For us to then we go on a losing run again, and get relegated anyway. 

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Haha 2

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hope Nixon is right. 

If he posted "today is Wednesday the 8th July 2020" he would be right.

Everything else he posts is made up BS of the vaguest kind.

The fact that people don't know how the system works, when verdicts are announced and when any punishment takes effect shows an urgent need for more transparency from the authorities.  

Not just for us fans, but clubs who are affected by outcomes of such hearings.  Crystal clear rules and consequences are needed.

It's a poor showing that we're relying on Twitter to get second-hand opinion from people who are not-ITK as a means to deliberate the outcome while being 11 days in to a three day hearing and not a peep has come out.   

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I can’t see how it’s possible or even why an independent panel would purposely delay announcing the level of deduction, in the hope Wednesday get more points on the board and the deduction has no effect. Doesn’t make sense to me

• Like 2

Just now, bazapeps said:

I can’t see how it’s possible or even why an independent panel would purposely delay announcing the level of deduction, in the hope Wednesday get more points on the board and the deduction has no effect. Doesn’t make sense to me

Maybe that’s the deal/fudge?

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Maybe a deal done whereby we get enough points with a deduction to stay up one place above relegation after said points deduction....noone loses face.

That completely takes away any integrity of the independent panel

• Like 3