THE EFL HEARING THREAD

52 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

The longer it goes on the better.... because there has to be enough games left to try to get your points deduction back ..... they can’t deduct 12 points...when we only have 3 or 4 games left ........................can they ????????

I can see where you're comi g from here but I doubt they'll take it into consideration. It doesn't matter when the points come off, if we have that many points more than the 3rd bottom club we stay up. If they deduct them now and we drop into the relegation places that shouldn't affect our result tonight. Theoretically they should try their best in every game to win 3 points. 

I've probably ot explained myself well. Hope you are right basically but not sure EFL would think like that. 

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Watch this space...

The purpose of a watch is to keep terrible time?

I hope his lawyering is better than his English, and as good as his cherry tarts!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I know a lot have criticised DC for some of his decisions but whatever the outcome have to say appointment of Nick DeMarco is spot on and gives us the best chance. 

I wonder if Rick Parry's thoughts are the thoughts of a lot at the EFL?   Would make sense, we were told nothing wrong with what we were doing then someone got their knickers in a twist and threw the toys out of the pram with the charge against the club and DC etc.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Hate to think what the final legal costs will be, us employing the 'Messi' of the legal world. Hope it doesn't count towards next years allowable losses.  

Not sure how it would work, if we win could be claim costs?  If we lose do we have to pay costs?  Guessing its like a tribunal where either side bares there own costs.

Either way still worth it.

12 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Obvious question but why don't the EFL employ / retain Nick De Marco on an ongoing basis to review their practices, their procedures, and to look over any action before they announce/take it against a club?

If he's winning every case against the EFL then it makes the whole thing ridiculous in the first place

Just hire him to oversee all the legal side of the EFL and make sure everything they're doing can't be successfully challenged and overturned before they make a move

Or is that too obvious?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Obvious question but why don't the EFL employ / retain Nick De Marco on an ongoing basis to review their practices, their procedures, and to look over any action before they announce/take it against a club?

If he's winning every case against the EFL then it makes the whole thing ridiculous in the first place

Just hire him to oversee all the legal side of the EFL and make sure everything they're doing can't be successfully challenged and overturned before they make a move

Or is that too obvious?

Far too sensible I'm afraid

• Like 2

Just now, mrbluesky said:

Watch this space...

image.png.819723df3e06f3e18af6ee45ccf52f86.png

You've gone for Omega. Omega is the sign of quality as in quality timepieces and very expensive too. Attention to detail goes without saying which could be the use of a top QC to fight a legal battle on your behalf. Omega is also the 24th letter of the Greek alphabet which is also the same number of teams in the Championship. I'm sorry SWFC you've been docked points which leaves the club rooted to the bottom of the league.

Bring him on.

image.png.fd3399897110028f0c4b7d82cf08ed63.png

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or is that too obvious?

Why doesn't DC employ him as a consultant for the club with a seat on tne board

• Like 1