THE EFL HEARING THREAD

57 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Does anybody know, if for instance the result of this is satisfactory for us and the efl (though god knows what that could be) if other clubs could appeal it? Barnsley boro etc?

My guess would be that the EFL would like to see a tough penalty, but no so tough as to see us relegated. If we were, we’d appeal and the whole thing drags on at a time when another club which may or may not then remain in the championship, wouldn’t be able to plan for next season. Perhaps we’d accept any penalty we thought wouldn’t threaten us with the drop? The longer it takes, the easier to judge what points deduction might satisfy both parties. I doubt the likes of Barnsley have the financial wherewithal to go through a legal process.

probably utter nonsense, but that’s what I’m hoping for 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

My guess would be that the EFL would like to see a tough penalty, but no so tough as to see us relegated. If we were, we’d appeal and the whole thing drags on at a time when another club which may or may not then remain in the championship, wouldn’t be able to plan for next season. Perhaps we’d accept any penalty we thought wouldn’t threaten us with the drop? The longer it takes, the easier to judge what points deduction might satisfy both parties. I doubt the likes of Barnsley have the financial wherewithal to go through a legal process.

probably utter nonsense, but that’s what I’m hoping for 

That's what I think. If we did get a points deduction it would be enough to put us 22nd in the table. Enough to relegate us but enough for us the avoid relegation

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Depends how angrymad he is

*remembers the new years eve midnight rant*

Yep, enjoyed that, hope he goes off again, on second thoughts hope ho dont.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Barnsley owners have loads more dosh than ours.

They don't like to spend it though.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Barnsley owners have loads more dosh than ours.