THE EFL HEARING THREAD

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

EFL must still be discussing how they get out of this without looking like complete tools after having no case proven.

Is one theory.

That may be it....EFL pretending they never started it...DC stood outside a court chain smokin' for 2 days solid.....EFL no show....

Guest Mcguigan
2 hours ago, matt68owls said:

Has anybody in the history of Owlstalk ITKs actually been in the know?

My lads mates with Jordan Windass he told me his brother was signing for us before it was common knowledge. I was that underwhelmed at the time, I couldn’t be arsed posting it.

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

At the risk of jinxing this big time, you can't help but wonder that the longer this goes on without us hearing anything, the more likely it is that one of the two involved parties is struggling to find a good way to word a statement...

Be great wouldn’t it?

We get landed with 15 point deduction, we post account losses of £40m shortly after and the EFL calls us back and sticks an umbongo on us for next season.

Typical Wednesday.

40 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Already back tracked once with dc and katrien charges dropped 

That's what I was thinking earlier. We are being investigated for financial irregularities regarding the sale oif the ground yet the 3 involved have had the charges bought against them dropped. Doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

At the risk of jinxing this big time, you can't help but wonder that the longer this goes on without us hearing anything, the more likely it is that one of the two involved parties is struggling to find a good way to word a statement...

It's certainly one way of looking at it or it could mean that the case isn't cut & dried one way or the other & the panel is struggling to reach a decision. If thats the case & if we are found guilty there may at least be mitigating circumstances in our favour.

55 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

EFL must still be discussing how they get out of this without looking like complete tools after having no case proven.

Is one theory.

My guess is they will never manage it!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I was wondering this, or perhaps they're trying to figure out a way to appeal/still go after us?

4 minutes ago, mogbad said:

It's certainly one way of looking at it or it could mean that the case isn't cut & dried one way or the other & the panel is struggling to reach a decision. If thats the case & if we are found guilty there may at least be mitigating circumstances in our favour.

It could be that DC has stated he will appeal if it's found against us so the EFL  are considering a decision that would be accepted now instead of dragging into the new season, especially as there are a lot of clubs on the verge of going out of business which would trigger the clubs looking at the  role of the EFL

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

It would be great to come out of this unscathed, but then I guess the whole circus starts again for 20/21 after latest accounts published.  Here’s hoping we will benefit from possible relaxation in FFP guidelines for next season.

I’m sure I saw that DC had diluted his shares and sold 21Mil worth last year. This would show in the accounts to be published next month so that may plug a FFP hole. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, darra said:

That's what I was thinking earlier. We are being investigated for financial irregularities regarding the sale oif the ground yet the 3 involved have had the charges bought against them dropped. Doesn't make sense.

didn't FF get charged by the EFL after he had been cleared by the police?

8 minutes ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

I’m sure I saw that DC had diluted his shares and sold 21Mil worth last year. This would show in the accounts to be published next month so that may plug a FFP hole. 

No it wont.

Share sale dont show in the Profit and loss.