Season Ticket news coming this week from Sheffield Wednesday

At the price they are they are good value. That won’t be the reason sales plummet, and they will, it’s the bloke managing( or not managing) the players that’s the promble. Don’t think I will renew mine if he’s still here

• Like 1

I'll be amazed if there is any sort of refund.

It will either be access to ifollow, probably free but wouldn't surprise me if it was just discounted and we actually had to pay more.

Or money off future season ticket, or vouchers for the shop!

On 01/06/2020 at 16:45, @owlstalk said:

The wording  of the announcement is absolutely CRITICAL

It's very sensitive times right now and we could really do without some kind of controversy over a clumsy announcement

We need it to be 100% bang on first time

It should be that everyone reads the announcement and says 'yeah fair enough that'

Anything else will be a disaster right now

yes, should get Dominic Cummings to do it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sage owl said:

I can understand people who either need or want a refund but anyone who in the current situation objects to season tickets going back on sale at the same price is just petty Imo. And yes I've already got mine. 

It’s interesting isn’t it. Even if they did go back on sale at the same early bird price would people buy with such uncertainty?

It may well be that the stance taken this season could affect sales for 20/21 season.

For instance if there aren’t any refunds and only a pass for IPlayer people aren’t likely to shell out +£500 for a season which could easily be wiped out by a second wave.

Be nice to see the club set a precedent, a big push for next season but with some clear safeguarding and future proofing should 20/21 be cancelled/incomplete.

As daft as it sounds the break could have done the club some good. A real opportunity to give people something to look forward to and a joined up feel good factor whenever the 20/21 season might start.

Edited by TheLastSleepingGiant
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Grandad said:

The clubs wage bill is £870k a week

By the time we kick off again 15 weeks will have passed - where the club will have spent £13.05m on wages for players to sit at home

Had the players taken a 20% reduction in pay, as a large number of our fans have been forced to that earn a fraction of the sums of money our players earn - they could have saved the club £2.61m

Our gate receipts ar £14m

Thats £608k a match. 5 matches refunded to every fan would cost the club £3.04m

That would have meant a shortfall to refund every single fan of just £430k. Half a weeks wages for the players

Should our fans, many of whom are suffering severe financial hardship in this pandemic, many of whom who will lose their jobs as the economic realities are played out when the return to work happens, forego a refund for 5 games they will never see?? Or, should the club look to an underperforming, bloated, overpaid playing squad for that money? Or, to a Chairman who has fleeced our loyal fans for 5 years on the promise of building a squad for the Premier League - when we are worse off now than when Mandaric sold to him?

I think its pretty poor form for any fan to point to another fan and suggest they should be leaving their money in the club. 

I may be wrong but i don't think I've seen posts from others saying fans should leave their money with the club, only posts from fans suggesting they will leave their own money with the club,

Personally for me i see it as i spent this seasons money in March 2019 or whenever it was so its gone, but fully understand that everyone's circumstances are different and getting 5 games money back may help massively with finances.

As for next season I renewed the early bird but as regards a refund I think we need to wait and see what the norm is going to be, at the moment we know we are missing 5 games so we can put a price on that, but we dont know what is going to happen next season until this one is done, they may delay it until we can go to grounds 

And regarding the price of season tickets for next season i have no issue with the club selling them at the same price as February, I think the different pricing is ridiculous anyway I see the earlybird tickets more as keeping the seat I'm sitting in rather than saving money 

Guest freerole
39 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I may be wrong but i don't think I've seen posts from others saying fans should leave their money with the club, only posts from fans suggesting they will leave their own money with the club,

Personally for me i see it as i spent this seasons money in March 2019 or whenever it was so its gone, but fully understand that everyone's circumstances are different and getting 5 games money back may help massively with finances.

As for next season I renewed the early bird but as regards a refund I think we need to wait and see what the norm is going to be, at the moment we know we are missing 5 games so we can put a price on that, but we dont know what is going to happen next season until this one is done, they may delay it until we can go to grounds 

And regarding the price of season tickets for next season i have no issue with the club selling them at the same price as February, I think the different pricing is ridiculous anyway I see the earlybird tickets more as keeping the seat I'm sitting in rather than saving money 

I see my money as gone, on the proviso I see all the home games that are under my control. Those that aren't well, I'd like to either watch on telly or have my money back.

On 02/06/2020 at 00:21, Royal_D said:

Listen I see what your tryna say but we can spin it however you like, bottom line will be that if clubs have to start refunding 2020/21 season tickets there won’t be enough administrators to go round the EFL member clubs   

Has any football club (apart from us, obviously) even sold any STs for the 20/21 season.:wacko:

15 hours ago, Plonk said:

At the price they are they are good value. That won’t be the reason sales plummet, and they will, it’s the bloke managing( or not managing) the players that’s the promble. Don’t think I will renew mine if he’s still here

They are only good value because if you don't have one you'll be paying an average of about £36 per game , still one of the most expensive season tickets in the championship !

• Like 2

On 02/06/2020 at 08:23, doubleo said:

Don’t worry it’s all in hand. The Prem will play just enough games to ensure the scouses are mathematically champions, the season will be abandoned, and the EFL will do as they’re told. 

I don't think you're far off there pal.

Guest The Claw

From swfc official site -

With the EFL season currently suspended until the earliest date of 3 April, the Owls can confirm that Season Tickets and matchday tickets for all postponed fixtures remain valid for the rearranged dates.

seems our tickets will be valid when we eventually restart

46 minutes ago, The Claw said:

With the EFL season currently suspended until the earliest date of 3 April, the Owls can confirm that Season Tickets and matchday tickets for all postponed fixtures remain valid for the rearranged dates.

Seems no one has told the club we can't attend,. lol

• Haha 1

How would they word it tho'..If they wanted to keep your money?

"Sheffield Wednesday Football  Club announce the season will recommense on June 17th 2020.

Although you can in no way attend the matches at Hillsborough..We are absolutely sure our fans will be with us in spirit..Therefore..We think it only fair that we are with you in spirit.

To make the game seem more "real" for our wonderful football fans..We think you should actually pay in cash..rather than spirit...as we believe that this will make your "Matchday (that you can't come to)...experience"..... less err..surreal.

We have also dropped the POTG prices to £5!!!!!....Some of you have oft said "Twenty is plenty"..We have gone beyond this....because you deserve it!

You can pay your "special  POTG" by debit or credit card at the club website....Terms and conditions apply...as below

"In no way does your potg ticket allow you entry into Hillsborough on the respective matchdays you have already paid for..S.A.G have now got teargas and pepper spray..Leppings Lane will be closed..as will the ground....any fan who tries to gain entry by using the ticket he has bought to gain entry will be gassed , pepper sprayed...and possibly bitten by a police dog...."

Enjoy the game...because its all about YOU!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Claw said:

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Seems no one has told the club we can't attend,. lol

Although that was an update posted on 16th March, at which time no one was sure when the games would be played.

• Thanks 1

Guest The Claw
27 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Although that was an update posted on 16th March, at which time no one was sure when the games would be played.

Yep but it overrides the t&c's that are currently being bandied about. In writing it's a minimum required contact posted by the club. Doesn't mater about what date it was posted by them

Guest The Horse
On 01/06/2020 at 16:38, @owlstalk said:

Looks like Sheffield Wednesday will be announcing news for all current season ticket holders this week.

Now that the Championship has announced it will resume playing, Wednesday know the score and are in a position to update all our season ticket holders on the situation regarding refunds, or other options that it will present to fans.

Can't see any news coming this week.
They'll leave it until after the new kit reveal I reckon.

On 01/06/2020 at 16:45, @owlstalk said:

The wording  of the announcement is absolutely CRITICAL

It's very sensitive times right now and we could really do without some kind of controversy over a clumsy announcement

We need it to be 100% bang on first time

It should be that everyone reads the announcement and says 'yeah fair enough that'

Anything else will be a disaster right now

To be fair, when has MR C ever got it wrong?   

:ph34r:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2