Season Ticket news coming this week from Sheffield Wednesday

4 hours ago, striker said:

Easy for me to say as I dont have a season ticket, but think there may be an option, not for a refund of next seasons ticket money, but a discount on the following season to compensate. 

As some others have said I had already written off the cost of this seasons ticket so not so bothered about that, but I'm not willing to write off what I've already paid for next seasons ticket for a discount for the season after that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

I want money back from this season and next season given I've already shelled out. I was prepared to pay the same, reluctantly, for Third Division football but not for no football. 

Fair do's, and as others have similsrly commented completely understandable. 

I meant as well as a refund offer, there may well be another option as DC does like a long term discount. 

Dont begrudge anyone their money back one bit

Edited by striker

I do think something should be put in place for fans who have been made unemployed by the current circumstances. 

Remember some of these fans might also have shelled out for next season   and find now they can hardly afford it due to  season tickets going on early bird sale virtually halfway through a current season 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Found the below on the Owls website FAQ's when buying a new season ticket.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/tickets/season-ticket-faqs2/ 

Unfortunately the link for the t's and c's does not seem to work though. 

Didn't know you can't let someone else use your card. Can't see what difference it makes if in same price band.

Guest Ash76
6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Really? You may not want one - it's pretty obvious to see why others do. 

Because footballers earn more than them? The nature of the beast we all played our part in creating. Personally I don't see what attacking footballers achieves especially with no information on circumstances surrounding their pay during the last 10 weeks or so

Having said that, if someone wants or needs a refund then that's entirely up to them and no one should be questioning or judging them for doing so

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Because footballers earn more than them? The nature of the beast we all played our part in creating. Personally I don't see what attacking footballers achieves especially with no information on circumstances surrounding their pay during the last 10 weeks or so

Having said that, if someone wants or needs a refund then that's entirely up to them and no one should be questioning or judging them for doing so

No because they’ve paid for something they’re not getting at a time when money is going to be very tight. I’m not attacking anybody. 

6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I want money back from this season and next season given I've already shelled out. I was prepared to pay the same, reluctantly, for Third Division football but not for no football. 

Good point, those that bought a season ticket for next season already did so without knowing what division we could be in next season - Championship was most likely but the form and EFL meant League One was and still is a possibility. 

Those that did so bought because it was to secure their seat for the cheapest price.

If, as seems likely, next season, kicks off without fans in the ground, it is going to take some working out to price up the season ticket prices as an when they do go back on sale - they should be more expensive than what the early bird season ticket holders have paid on a game by game basis but at those rates a lot of people are going to be reluctant to buy in the current climate aren't they?

5 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I do think something should be put in place for fans who have been made unemployed by the current circumstances. 

Remember some of these fans might also have shelled out for next season   and find now they can hardly afford it due to  season tickets going on early bird sale virtually halfway through a current season 

I Honestly think that when the furlough periods finish (ends of July and October )there are going to be many thousands of people made unemployed. The company I work for was doing stunningly well , I fully expect them to shed 20 - 50% of the workforce. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Good point, those that bought a season ticket for next season already did so without knowing what division we could be in next season - Championship was most likely but the form and EFL meant League One was and still is a possibility. 

Those that did so bought because it was to secure their seat for the cheapest price.

If, as seems likely, next season, kicks off without fans in the ground, it is going to take some working out to price up the season ticket prices as an when they do go back on sale - they should be more expensive than what the early bird season ticket holders have paid on a game by game basis but at those rates a lot of people are going to be reluctant to buy in the current climate aren't they?

That's true, me and my lad bought ours at early bird. Seems a bit pointless if they go back on sale at the same price.

• Like 1

I have got a season ticket and bought one for next season, I would expect a refund on the remaining 5 home games of  2019/20.

Next season I don't know how it's going to work for people like me who have bought early bird , I can't see a full refund being given , it really is a nightmare all this and it's gonna take some clever fixing from Mr Chansiri.

Guest LittleG
29 minutes ago, Watto said:

I have got a season ticket and bought one for next season, I would expect a refund on the remaining 5 home games of  2019/20.

Next season I don't know how it's going to work for people like me who have bought early bird , I can't see a full refund being given , it really is a nightmare all this and it's gonna take some clever fixing from Mr Chansiri.

If I can't attend the matches next season, I'd be extremely disappointed and annoyed if I wasn't offered a full refund. 

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I bought early bird, wouldn’t be bothered at all if they went back on sale at the same price. 

That is not entirely the point, though some may understandably not share that view, otherwise what is the point in buying in before February?

Also, in the current climate I think it will be a harder sell in general to get people to buy season tickets in anything like the numbers that would have been hoped for, even if the price did stay the same. 

4 hours ago, Ash76 said:

The main reason for wanting the money back is probably because people have paid this money to watch a football match live in the stadium and they will not now be able to do so.

The reason that some understandably don't want to donate this money to the club is because it is a drop on the ocean at our level compared to what players are taking out. 

If the players as a whole had taken a pay cut of any significance I'm pretty sure it would be public knowledge. 

30 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I bought early bird, wouldn’t be bothered at all if they went back on sale at the same price. 

I can understand people who either need or want a refund but anyone who in the current situation objects to season tickets going back on sale at the same price is just petty Imo. And yes I've already got mine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1963owl said:

ive got 100% faith in DC to do the right thing

Me too sure he will.

Don't really think he has an option legally as the club may say ST's are nonrefudable but if you do not provide the goods or services that have been paid for then I would think it would be a breach of contract or consumer law. Not a legal person though just my take.

• Like 1