Season Ticket news coming this week from Sheffield Wednesday

1 minute ago, The Claw said:

Yep but it overrides the t&c's that are currently being bandied about. In writing it's a minimum required contact posted by the club. Doesn't mater about what date it was posted by them

It actually could do, at that time nobody was aware the games would be continued behind closed doors.

Therefore it could be claimed to have been posted in good faith and in line with any relevant T&C's.

If DC doesn't offer a refund that will be the final straw with a hell of a lot of people 

Surely y even DC ain't that stupid to offer a refund 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Been thinking about this the past day after reading about Sunderland yesterday.

For me the simplistic answer is to refund every ticket for the last 5 home games and then stream them via YouTube, like we’ve done with friendlies in the past. It’s the most accessible way of streaming the games to the widest audience possible as far as I can see.

Then use the time between now and whenever they decide to start next season to devise how season ticket holders will access streams for next seasons home games. Again ideally it’ll be via YouTube but maybe locked streams that require a pass. For me, at the minute, iFollow isn’t fit for purpose in terms of ease of access, functionality and value for money. Neither is the sky red button service. AFAIK iFollow is app only with TV casting blocked, that’s not a cost viable option to replace a season ticket. Then the red button service currently requires you to have a Sky subscription, and it doesn’t offer any exclusivity anyone can watch. 

The alternative is a small or no refund atall, and offer everyone with a ticket an iFollow subscription. To me that’s completely unfair. You can’t replace a ticket with a subscription to a service that can only be watched on PC or tablet. 

Basically, for me, the way the club choose to broadcast the games will have the biggest say on what happens with refunds. 

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Been thinking about this the past day after reading about Sunderland yesterday.

For me the simplistic answer is to refund every ticket for the last 5 home games and then stream them via YouTube, like we’ve done with friendlies in the past. It’s the most accessible way of streaming the games to the widest audience possible as far as I can see.

Then use the time between now and whenever they decide to start next season to devise how season ticket holders will access streams for next seasons home games. Again ideally it’ll be via YouTube but maybe locked streams that require a pass. For me, at the minute, iFollow isn’t fit for purpose in terms of ease of access, functionality and value for money. Neither is the sky red button service. AFAIK iFollow is app only with TV casting blocked, that’s not a cost viable option to replace a season ticket. Then the red button service currently requires you to have a Sky subscription, and it doesn’t offer any exclusivity anyone can watch. 

The alternative is a small or no refund atall, and offer everyone with a ticket an iFollow subscription. To me that’s completely unfair. You can’t replace a ticket with a subscription to a service that can only be watched on PC or tablet. 

Basically, for me, the way the club choose to broadcast the games will have the biggest say on what happens with refunds. 

If you or Chansiri thinks I'm paying over £60 for 90 minutes access to a game on you tube you are living in a different world to me

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

If you or Chansiri thinks I'm paying over £60 for 90 minutes access to a game on you tube you are living in a different world to me

I just meant the access to the stream. From what I can see it’s the most widely available platform that’s free to access.

Obviously, like you, I’d expect a reduction in my season ticket if the season starts behind closed doors, which it obviously will. 

35 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Do the clubs carry business interuption insurance? 

When this first went down and everywhere shut, it was announced at the time that most business insurance policies would not cover this. Virtually every business policy apparently does not cover a global pandemic without paying extra, and only a tiny percentage of businesses have done so. 

If, a, DC has the personal wealth he claims, and b, has a good PR team, he should make a big deal of refunding all tickets, whilst making a pointed reference to the fact he can hopefully do this to help working people without fear of falling foul of FFP.

I doubt he has the access to funds or the PR team to do this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think people hoping for any type of money back will be disappointed. Clubs are cash strapped right now & probably can't afford to compensate. 

I think the best we can hope for is ticket vouchers for next season, discount off of a season ticket next season & access to streaming the remaining games.

We'll see what they come up with.  

8 hours ago, Loxley Owl said:

When this first went down and everywhere shut, it was announced at the time that most business insurance policies would not cover this. Virtually every business policy apparently does not cover a global pandemic without paying extra, and only a tiny percentage of businesses have done so. 

I actually thought it was the other way round in that the existing policies did cover the pandemic but the insurance industry didn't want to pay mainly because it would bankrupt them.

New policies certainly don't have any cover for pandemics.

What do people feel is a "fair" price to watch a live stream?  

I've been thinking about this as part of the whole refund/stream stuff going around at the minute.  I currently subscribe to Wednesday player at about £5 a month which give me radio access to, all the games.  Then I think they charge further £5 per game if you're abroad.

Would you be happy to take a refund minus the £25 for access to the remaining home games?

I was talking to my family about it and we all agreed that we'd be fine with a "club credit" so you could spend it in the shop or on future tickets (when we're allowed back).  That way it doesn't cost the club anything up front and if you spend it in the shop it lessens the blow to the club.

As for next season that becomes a whole lot more complicated.  As a family we've got over 2 grand tied up in the club that we might not be able to see a game in person for another 6 months!

Just not bothered...

On 01/06/2020 at 16:45, @owlstalk said:

The wording  of the announcement is absolutely CRITICAL

It's very sensitive times right now and we could really do without some kind of controversy over a clumsy announcement

We need it to be 100% bang on first time

It should be that everyone reads the announcement and says 'yeah fair enough that'

Anything else will be a disaster right now

And what is it about the past 4 seasons that makes you think a clumsy announcement won't happen? Haha

You're right it does need to be done with absolute care and consideration for all. 

• Like 1

Very few teams in the EFL have so far come out and given any refunds, but below only Sheff Utd and Newcastle have not offered a full refund or credits to future tickets but when you have £100m+ for just turning up each season you can do this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-season-ticket-refunds-2019-20-fixtures-restart-epl-a9546561.html#gsc.tab=0

Just found this article for Championship club looks like most have not announce anything yet and those that have and trying to give I-follow instead of refunds or like Barnsley use emotional blackmail that if you accept a refund the club will be in a financial mess.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/forest-season-ticket-refunds-championship-4190113

The big surprise is nothing has come out about how people can watch the games, as in theory the season restart in 2 week tomorrow. I though sky, BT, Amazon, BBC and a n other would have been chomping at the bit to make as much money/positive PR as they can to get people on board with it.