Season Ticket news coming this week from Sheffield Wednesday

20 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

TBH it's really not good enough. You pay for it does not happen so should refund in full.

If you then want to pay to watch on tv then you have a choice.

Absolutely that. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Heard from  a Forest fan that they have not got the money back from the ticket they bought for the game at ours.

Seems like all clubs in the Championship are keeping hold of as much as they can.

I bought two tickets in the North for friends, they were refunded as soon as I asked.

Imagine Thomas Cook cancelling your holiday, offering no refund but giving you a link to a live stream of the beach. 

Let’s see what Wednesday do. My anger at present is directed at clubs that are basically taking the pisss. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Imagine Thomas Cook cancelling your holiday, offering no refund but giving you a link to a live stream of the beach. 

Let’s see what Wednesday do. My anger at present is directed at clubs that are basically taking the pisss. 

Now that's a bloody good Idea for a cheap holiday, off to find some webcams overlooking Benidorm. 

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

You could do the same with a pub too live stream a pint of beer/larger you interactively decide what you get to watch being poured. 

:duntmatter:

There’s exactly the same refund debate going on otib with pretty much the same views as yours.

City have five home games remaining, one against you guys....and the club are in discussion with tv companies to provide a live stream via Robins Tv or on the red button.

For me a refund would be around £100 based on five games but I can’t see any football club coughing up with a refund. It isn’t the fault of the clubs that these restrictions have been imposed and SC income  is a serious amount in the clubs revenue stream.

Bottom line - what other options does any football club have?  

Just now, Alan Robinson said:

There’s exactly the same refund debate going on otib with pretty much the same views as yours.

City have five home games remaining, one against you guys....and the club are in discussion with tv companies to provide a live stream via Robins Tv or on the red button.

For me a refund would be around £100 based on five games but I can’t see any football club coughing up with a refund. It isn’t the fault of the clubs that these restrictions have been imposed and SC income  is a serious amount in the clubs revenue stream.

Bottom line - what other options does any football club have?  

Players take a pay cut to cover the refunds. Simple as that.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

What about fans that have already bought their season tickets for next season?

I would guess nothing will be done about that until clubs know what will happen regarding next season, eg when it will start, will supporters be allowed at games, if so will it be reduced capacity etc. etc.

• Like 1

I paid my season ticket money to watch the games live in the stadium, sat in the ground, not to the club to try and take the p155 offering me free I follow or some other crap. I have paid for a service I am not going to receive   so I want my money back, every penny they owe me. Then I can decide myself weather I want to pay for I follow or another live stream of the games. 

• Like 6

Guest Ash76

if iFollow coverage is to form part of an offer then it should be for both home and away games. Was it Sunderland that offered only home games and a purchase available for away games? Surely the away games would help to cover the value difference for those that are interested.

In terms of refunds I think credit notes may well have to be the compromise some fans have to make, reading views on here though I doubt that would go down well as the culture amongst some appears to be us against them when it comes to fan & club relations.

Sad times

Edited by Ash76

Some simple maths. 

15,000 season tickets x £25 x 5 = c£2m

20 players in the first team squad. Wage bill for that lot c£20m. 

10% wage cut, for many who are already very wealthy. 

Gordon Taylor is quiet at the minute isn’t he?

• Like 2

I think the longer this goes on the more people get frustrated.

Think the easiest thing for clubs to do is just give all fans the option of money back or voucher and we can the spend that how we choose including streaming.

With regards to the ST for next season again give the option to refund in full  and we can purchase again when we know what is happening. For those who are happy for the club to hold their Money then that's fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

if iFollow coverage is to form part of an offer then it should be for both home and away games. Was it Sunderland that offered only home games and a purchase available for away games? Surely the away games would help to cover the value difference for those that are interested.

In terms of refunds I think credit notes may well have to be the compromise some fans have to make, reading views on here though I doubt that would go down well as the culture amongst some appears to be us against them when it comes to fan & club relations.

Sad times

When you are talk8ng about a refund for £50  it's one thing, but some have bought multiple season tickets for next season so we are talking a grand or so.

That's a lot to leave hanging in the air for goodwill. I would assume they have not spent next years money this year?

Have to say I can't quite see why people are so focused on getting a refund on this season.

Obviously if you own circumstances have become tight, it matters. 

The bigger question is next season. If I'd renewed my ST, I wouldn't be remotely happy about having paid >£500 for a product I can't use, and wouldn't see streaming as any kind of alternative. So I'd certainly want my money back. On the other hand, I am not sure people are facing up in full to the scale of the problem here. It is entirely possible that no one will be able to go to watch football for the whole of next season. At best, there is likely to be constrained attendance in the first few months, possibly broadening towards bigger crowds  - but that feels really optimistic.

I can't really see why we won't go bust  - unless rules are relaxed to allow owners much bigger temporary subsidies, and our current owner has the pockets and appetite to do that, which is unknown.

The economics of English football are driven off a handful of big clubs (hint: we are not a big club). Those clubs then need some padding to make a league, but whether that's Brighton or Blackburn or Stoke or us doesn't much matter. Probably there is more interest domestically to allow for more than 20 premier league clubs, and a possible outcome as in other sports will be deliberate reshaping to a system designed to support 40 professional clubs, with all kinds of difficulties about whether that is fully a closed shop.

Just offer a five game credit note logged against your account. This can then be exchanged against next years season ticket for those who haven't bought yet or for those who have then this can be exchanged against cup games or for league tickets

personally think its unrealistic to expect a full refund for the 5 games, due to club cashflow, staff to process the refunds etc

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

Players take a pay cut to cover the refunds. Simple as that.  

Good suggestion but that ain’t gonna happen. Lots of contractual issues stopping that from happening.

One guy on otib reckoned that if you paid for your SC using a credit card i is possible to claim thru them. 

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

Some simple maths. 

15,000 season tickets x £25 x 5 = c£2m

20 players in the first team squad. Wage bill for that lot c£20m. 

10% wage cut, for many who are already very wealthy. 

Gordon Taylor is quiet at the minute isn’t he?

It's that easy .....be amazed though if it happens.

10 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Just offer a five game credit note logged against your account. This can then be exchanged against next years season ticket for those who haven't bought yet or for those who have then this can be exchanged against cup games or for league tickets

personally think its unrealistic to expect a full refund for the 5 games, due to club cashflow, staff to process the refunds etc

Theatres and gig venues have given me the option as the customer as to whether I want to attend at a later date, get a refund or donate. They didn't send me a YouTube link to watch a gig and charge me full price for it.  I've lost things before in formal insolvency proceedings but I've never had a business simply refuse to supply a refund when they're unable to give me what I have paid a substantial sum of money for.  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1