Season Ticket news coming this week from Sheffield Wednesday

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Yeah I agree but our pathetic lot are not going to do that are they . I want the club to survive and we all paid this money out at least a year ago . I’ll re phrase. If you are potted and struggling I can see why you would consider a refund . To anybody else, again I don’t understand why anybody would want to jeopardise the clubs future in any way . 

Why would it jeopardies the clubs future DC has told the fans time after time that their financial contribution does not pay for anything.

Lets see how that changes when he is paying for everything.

• Like 4

Guest The Claw
16 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The club can keep my money for this season, I spent it ages ago and never thought I’d see it again anyway, also mass refunds would hurt the club financially.

As for next season, if we can’t attend a number of games I’d accept a discount off my ticket the following year.

Remainer :Chansiri:

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It isn't the supporters who have jeopardised the clubs future. Now I'm used to paying my season ticket money year after year and seeing Wednesday let me down, that is the risk you take when you buy one. But if we are not able to attend games we have prepayed for, then we are entitled to our money back. 

Has anyone dug into the terms and conditions to check that fans are entitled to a refund?  Could it be put down as an act of god, say? 

Think he will look to do some sort of deal not charged so much for the next season ticket you get, something along those lines.

Guest Grandad
15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why would it jeopardies the clubs future DC has told the fans time after time that their financial contribution does not pay for anything.

he has also said he has £100s of millions to throw at us but is prevented from doing so

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Has anyone dug into the terms and conditions to check that fans are entitled to a refund?  Could it be put down as an act of god, say? 

Think he will look to do some sort of deal not charged so much for the next season ticket you get, something along those lines.

Would be a public relations disaster we could do without if the club didn't offer refunds on the 5 remaining games by claiming it's all to do with the terms & conditions.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Maybe because ticket money is revenue which helps with P&S

Him putting his own money in which goes against P&S

I've mentioned this before but Chansiri is a decent bloke and I couldn't for one second imagine him not doing the right thing for the fans.

Refunds will be obligatory and will definitely be offered.

Other ideas might be offered too, I hope they are, and I hope they're exciting and innovative

But I think the Chairman will look after the fans regardless.

I don't think people should worry or get angry about this before knowing what's offered

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

41 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The clubs wage bill is £870k a week

By the time we kick off again 15 weeks will have passed - where the club will have spent £13.05m on wages for players to sit at home

Had the players taken a 20% reduction in pay, as a large number of our fans have been forced to that earn a fraction of the sums of money our players earn - they could have saved the club £2.61m

Our gate receipts ar £14m

Thats £608k a match. 5 matches refunded to every fan would cost the club £3.04m

That would have meant a shortfall to refund every single fan of just £430k. Half a weeks wages for the players

Should our fans, many of whom are suffering severe financial hardship in this pandemic, many of whom who will lose their jobs as the economic realities are played out when the return to work happens, forego a refund for 5 games they will never see?? Or, should the club look to an underperforming, bloated, overpaid playing squad for that money? Or, to a Chairman who has fleeced our loyal fans for 5 years on the promise of building a squad for the Premier League - when we are worse off now than when Mandaric sold to him?

I think its pretty poor form for any fan to point to another fan and suggest they should be leaving their money in the club. 

I liked and trophy thinged this ^^^^^. 100 % agree with every word you have said, people are struggling big time, and will do for years, me included - asking for/accepting a refund is not an act of betrayal, I have given everything I could over the years for this club, it has cost me jobs, promotions, relationships - I even got married there, I have had a Season Ticket for the last 40 years (since the age of 4) - I don't owe the club anything.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not sure the club can use that one, don't think he gets involved with us to often. Lost count of the times i asked him to get the ref to blow his whistle!

• Haha 3

Guest Grandad

One thing thats been very clear from Day 1 of Mr Chansiris arrival is that he has a deep seated desire to be popular

Things havent gone his way in recent years and I'm sure that will be really hurting him. Hes faced criticism from a growing section of our support and that will be hurting him too

I can't see anything other than a really generous package being offered to our supporters as a demnstration of his genuine goodwill to our supporter base. I'd imagine putting this together is why there has been a delay in announcing measures. rest assured - our Chairman will look after our fans on this.

4 hours ago, striker said:

Easy for me to say as I dont have a season ticket, but think there may be an option, not for a refund of next seasons ticket money, but a discount on the following season to compensate. 

I want money back from this season and next season given I've already shelled out. I was prepared to pay the same, reluctantly, for Third Division football but not for no football. 

• Like 4

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, striker said:

Easy for me to say as I dont have a season ticket, but think there may be an option, not for a refund of next seasons ticket money, but a discount on the following season to compensate. 

Nah mate. The only option for me (already got next years season ticjet) if we can't attend next season, is a refund for the matches we cannot see. Certainly wouldn't accept a discount towards the following season; might not be around by then!