Season Ticket news coming this week from Sheffield Wednesday

1 hour ago, mark.flem said:

I think people hoping for any type of money back will be disappointed. Clubs are cash strapped right now & probably can't afford to compensate. 

I think the best we can hope for is ticket vouchers for next season, discount off of a season ticket next season & access to streaming the remaining games.

We'll see what they come up with.  

F that............I want my money back...........they are not that cash strapped to keep paying daft money to players....I have a contract...players have a contract.....breach theirs NOT mine.............no cash refund and I am out for good

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
25 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

What do people feel is a "fair" price to watch a live stream?  

I've been thinking about this as part of the whole refund/stream stuff going around at the minute.  I currently subscribe to Wednesday player at about £5 a month which give me radio access to, all the games.  Then I think they charge further £5 per game if you're abroad.

Would you be happy to take a refund minus the £25 for access to the remaining home games?

I was talking to my family about it and we all agreed that we'd be fine with a "club credit" so you could spend it in the shop or on future tickets (when we're allowed back).  That way it doesn't cost the club anything up front and if you spend it in the shop it lessens the blow to the club.

As for next season that becomes a whole lot more complicated.  As a family we've got over 2 grand tied up in the club that we might not be able to see a game in person for another 6 months!

I think that's perfectly fair and a good solution

26 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

What do people feel is a "fair" price to watch a live stream?  

I've been thinking about this as part of the whole refund/stream stuff going around at the minute.  I currently subscribe to Wednesday player at about £5 a month which give me radio access to, all the games.  Then I think they charge further £5 per game if you're abroad.

Would you be happy to take a refund minus the £25 for access to the remaining home games?

I was talking to my family about it and we all agreed that we'd be fine with a "club credit" so you could spend it in the shop or on future tickets (when we're allowed back).  That way it doesn't cost the club anything up front and if you spend it in the shop it lessens the blow to the club.

As for next season that becomes a whole lot more complicated.  As a family we've got over 2 grand tied up in the club that we might not be able to see a game in person for another 6 months!

I want a full refund - not bothered about streaming access, we have 2 adult season tickets in the South, that's £280. If people want to watch on player or whatever, that is up to them.

• Like 2

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, mark.flem said:

I think people hoping for any type of money back will be disappointed. Clubs are cash strapped right now & probably can't afford to compensate. 

I think the best we can hope for is ticket vouchers for next season, discount off of a season ticket next season & access to streaming the remaining games.

What about fans that have already bought their season tickets for next season?

2 hours ago, mark.flem said:

And what if I’ve already got tickets for every game next season.....and for the 14 seasons after that 

after years of being told by the chairman that my money doesn’t count jack sh.t then nothing less than a full refund of games missed will show him up be be a liar

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest LittleG
12 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Been thinking about this the past day after reading about Sunderland yesterday.

For me the simplistic answer is to refund every ticket for the last 5 home games and then stream them via YouTube, like we’ve done with friendlies in the past. It’s the most accessible way of streaming the games to the widest audience possible as far as I can see.

Then use the time between now and whenever they decide to start next season to devise how season ticket holders will access streams for next seasons home games. Again ideally it’ll be via YouTube but maybe locked streams that require a pass. For me, at the minute, iFollow isn’t fit for purpose in terms of ease of access, functionality and value for money. Neither is the sky red button service. AFAIK iFollow is app only with TV casting blocked, that’s not a cost viable option to replace a season ticket. Then the red button service currently requires you to have a Sky subscription, and it doesn’t offer any exclusivity anyone can watch. 

The alternative is a small or no refund atall, and offer everyone with a ticket an iFollow subscription. To me that’s completely unfair. You can’t replace a ticket with a subscription to a service that can only be watched on PC or tablet. 

Basically, for me, the way the club choose to broadcast the games will have the biggest say on what happens with refunds. 

I'm not really bothered how they broadcast it, for any matches I cannot attend next season with the tickets I've already purchased, I want a refund

55 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Very few teams in the EFL have so far come out and given any refunds, but below only Sheff Utd and Newcastle have not offered a full refund or credits to future tickets but when you have £100m+ for just turning up each season you can do this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-season-ticket-refunds-2019-20-fixtures-restart-epl-a9546561.html#gsc.tab=0

Just found this article for Championship club looks like most have not announce anything yet and those that have and trying to give I-follow instead of refunds or like Barnsley use emotional blackmail that if you accept a refund the club will be in a financial mess.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/forest-season-ticket-refunds-championship-4190113

The big surprise is nothing has come out about how people can watch the games, as in theory the season restart in 2 week tomorrow. I though sky, BT, Amazon, BBC and a n other would have been chomping at the bit to make as much money/positive PR as they can to get people on board with it.

Sky, BT, Amazon, BBC et al couldn't give 2 sh!ts about the football league.  Nobody outside the fans of the EFL clubs cares about them.  How many league 1 or 2 games have you watched on TV this season?

• Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

8 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Sky, BT, Amazon, BBC et al couldn't give 2 sh!ts about the football league.  Nobody outside the fans of the EFL clubs cares about them.  How many league 1 or 2 games have you watched on TV this season?

IT'll be an iFollow thing I guess. That's the straightforward way for the clubs to say they are giving their fans something. 

So re Brentford from the Nottingham Post article:-

Brentford are hoping to offer free live streams of all remaining matches to season ticket holders.

A club statement said: "We are in active discussions with the EFL on how we can deliver all STH’s complimentary video streaming match access to remaining home and away fixtures via iFollow, these conversations are ongoing.

"We hope this solution delivers season ticket holders what they want – access to The Bees. As soon as we have clarity from the EFL regarding iFollow access we will be in touch."

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

IT'll be an iFollow thing I guess. That's the straightforward way for the clubs to say they are giving their fans something. 

So re Brentford from the Nottingham Post article:-

Brentford are hoping to offer free live streams of all remaining matches to season ticket holders.

A club statement said: "We are in active discussions with the EFL on how we can deliver all STH’s complimentary video streaming match access to remaining home and away fixtures via iFollow, these conversations are ongoing.

"We hope this solution delivers season ticket holders what they want – access to The Bees. As soon as we have clarity from the EFL regarding iFollow access we will be in touch."

4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Heard from  a Forest fan that they have not got the money back from the ticket they bought for the game at ours.

Seems like all clubs in the Championship are keeping hold of as much as they can.

Same with Leeds at Blackburn at £42!

Just not bothered...

42 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Not many league 1 and 2 but seem quite a few games this season the standard of league 1 and 2.

I do like to keep track how all the local teams are doing though, its good for the area if Donny and Toytown are doing ok and I wish Chessy could find themselves a Milan to come in sort the issues out and get them moving up the league but with deadly Dave in charge they haven't got a hope.

33 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Heard from  a Forest fan that they have not got the money back from the ticket they bought for the game at ours.

Seems like all clubs in the Championship are keeping hold of as much as they can.

Presume Forest still have that money. 

How brilliant of Brentford to offer ‘complimentary’ coverage of the match to someone who has already paid £40. 

Are these idiots actually for real?

• Like 1