Season Ticket news coming this week from Sheffield Wednesday

21 minutes ago, vulva said:

Some simple maths. 

15,000 season tickets x £25 x 5 = c£2m

20 players in the first team squad. Wage bill for that lot c£20m. 

10% wage cut, for many who are already very wealthy. 

Gordon Taylor is quiet at the minute isn’t he?

Problem with that is the players would have to agree it, the clubs can't just impose it.

Just now, Hookowl said:

Problem with that is the players would have to agree it, the clubs can't just impose it.

I don’t understand though. They love the club apparently. Kiss the badge and all sorts. 

• Haha 1

Chansiri needs to pitch this absolutely correctly.  People are realising they can survive without live football in their life and will be having different perspectives. 

Anything other than a full refund when players are not taking a hit and I will be further questioning my attendance.  

The ridiculously early deadline for tickets for next season pushed me close to bailing after nearly 30 years of having a season ticket but once again blind faith struck.  This may prove a blinder by DC as he has our money.  Most other clubs are not in this position. 

The only alternative to a full refund I personally would consider is a refund in the form of a credit note with a plus 20% additional value as a gesture of the club keeping our money to assist cash flow.  

Guest Ash76
19 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

When you are talk8ng about a refund for £50  it's one thing, but some have bought multiple season tickets for next season so we are talking a grand or so.

That's a lot to leave hanging in the air for goodwill. I would assume they have not spent next years money this year?

That's me, in for next season too but i'm happy to wait on that as no comms have suggested next season will start behind closed doors.

I'm not going to sit here and say what individuals financial needs are but the championship is a different beast from PL and a lot of clubs will struggle if they're to process refunds for all STH's.

There's a lot of similarities between how clubs at our level are handling this as that of airlines, there's a lot to consider and I think some patience needs to be afforded

27 minutes ago, vulva said:

Some simple maths. 

Think it's always better when GT is quiet, probably the last person to ask about giving money back.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Theatres and gig venues have given me the option as the customer as to whether I want to attend at a later date, get a refund or donate. They didn't send me a YouTube link to watch a gig and charge me full price for it.  I've lost things before in formal insolvency proceedings but I've never had a business simply refuse to supply a refund when they're unable to give me what I have paid a substantial sum of money for.  Fingers crossed. 

Got tickets for Les Mis in London and can't imagine they will be sending me a DVD of Alfie Boe singing Bring Him Home. 

Only in the bizarre world of football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

the culture amongst some appears to be us against them when it comes to fan & club relations.

The culture is people wanting something that matches what they've paid a significant sum of money for.

I bought two season tickets for me and my father for this season and I also had my arm twisted by the early early bird. So you're talking £200 of football we'll be missing this season and knocking on a grand for next season. There's no way the club can justify hanging on to that money by giving me access to watching games on the telly in an empty ground with fake crowd noise. No other business has treated me like this. Virgin deducted my Sky Sports subscription from how much I pay them. It wasn't their fault. Various theatres have offered me my money back. It wasn't their fault. 

So let's hope all clubs do the right thing. It should be our choice and then if the club has fostered a good relationship with us they'll reap the rewards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

That's me, in for next season too but i'm happy to wait on that as no comms have suggested next season will start behind closed doors.

I'm not going to sit here and say what individuals financial needs are but the championship is a different beast from PL and a lot of clubs will struggle if they're to process refunds for all STH's.

There's a lot of similarities between how clubs at our level are handling this as that of airlines, there's a lot to consider and I think some patience needs to be afforded

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Same here, but can see it from both angles. Just think fans should have a choice.  At the moment have ST's holiday that are pending so fair bit of cash up in the air. Assume the holiday is not happening and not sure about a credit note for next year.

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Heard from  a Forest fan that they have not got the money back from the ticket they bought for the game at ours.

Seems like all clubs in the Championship are keeping hold of as much as they can.

To be fair to Wednesday - its highly likely that the money for those tickets has been collected, and still sits with Forest

16 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Good suggestion but that ain’t gonna happen. Lots of contractual issues stopping that from happening.

One guy on otib reckoned that if you paid for your SC using a credit card i is possible to claim thru them. 

A lot of us have multi-year season tickets - you can't pay on credit card for them, so you can't make a claim.

• Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
40 minutes ago, vulva said:

Some simple maths. 

Our club wage bill was £45m. 2 years ago (no accounts since then :rolleyes:)

14 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Think it's always better when GT is quiet, probably the last person to ask about giving money back.

Yep, the bloke is a complete Tw@ imo with far too much power. Another one of the reasons the game is in such a mess.

Edited by PeakOwl

Copied off Otib - If the club adopt the Preston Position I will email the club and ask for a refund.....as they haven't fulfilled the contract and supplied what I paid for .......if I don't get one I will contact my credit card co and claim a refund under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. This is all quite straightforward and happens all the time.

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

To be fair to Wednesday - its highly likely that the money for those tickets has been collected, and still sits with Forest

Never too sure how they work out the tickets, assumed the home club bill us for the number sold and we then transfer to the club?

42 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

When you are talk8ng about a refund for £50  it's one thing, but some have bought multiple season tickets for next season so we are talking a grand or so.

That's a lot to leave hanging in the air for goodwill. I would assume they have not spent next years money this year?

They have probably put next years money in 2018 accounts. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Never too sure how they work out the tickets, assumed the home club bill us for the number sold and we then transfer to the club?

Selling club on away tickets get 5% of the proceeds to cover their admin costs. 

31 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Good suggestion but that ain’t gonna happen. Lots of contractual issues stopping that from happening.

What makes you think a contractual issue stops the players being forced to take a pay cut and yet there are no contractual issues around me being forced to pay for a product that hasn’t been delivered.

ill repeat again, Chansiri has time and time again that supporters money doesn’t contribute towards the running of the club and therefore there is no excuse for offering anything less than a full refund.

if they want to offer a deal that may suits both the club and me better then I’d be up for looking at that and if no one can come up with that then we need to have a serious root and branch review if the commercial operation at Hillsborough 

26 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

13 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

Yep, the bloke is a complete Tw@ imo with far too much power. Another one of the reasons the game is in such a mess.

Rather than players taking pay cuts to help clubs out and show solidarity with the fans, most of whom will have had little or no income for the last 3 months. I'm surprised he hasn't suggested players should get a pay rise so they could help the NHS by paying more in taxes and NI contributions.

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Rather than players taking pay cuts to help clubs out and show solidarity with the fans, most of whom will have had little or no income for the last 3 months. I'm surprised he hasn't suggested players should get a pay rise so they could help the NHS by paying more in taxes and NI contributions.

Our players already took a pay cut by not getting win bonuses.

• Haha 2