Season Ticket news coming this week from Sheffield Wednesday

Easy for me to say as I dont have a season ticket, but think there may be an option, not for a refund of next seasons ticket money, but a discount on the following season to compensate. 

DC been honourable in the past re refunds, so see no reason why it wouldn't be on the table  but as a club also need to retain cash flow in the short term, for those who want to and can afford it.

Thinking about cash flow, what about new kits this year?

Maybe the club could add a new level of membership, add to the current benefits to include the new shirt and access to streamed games on ifollow this season and next, maybe around £150?

13 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The club can keep my money for this season, I spent it ages ago and never thought I’d see it again anyway, also mass refunds would hurt the club financially.

As for next season, if we can’t attend a number of games I’d accept a discount off my ticket the following year.

Absolutely bang on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The club can keep my money for this season, I spent it ages ago and never thought I’d see it again anyway, also mass refunds would hurt the club financially.

As for next season, if we can’t attend a number of games I’d accept a discount off my ticket the following year.

This is my gut feeling on it to 

I can't see them giving out a free replica kit to 17k people - that's the cash they need in the back pocket. 

A reasonable season ticket offer that will appease those who have missed the rest of the season and tempt more back next IS the way forward. 

Don't mess this up DC - it's not difficult, be sympathetic with the fans - pull on heart strings and give them a mafia season ticket - an offer they can't refuse! 

2 hours ago, striker said:

Easy for me to say as I dont have a season ticket, but think there may be an option, not for a refund of next seasons ticket money, but a discount on the following season to compensate. 

DC been immmature in the past re refunds, so see every reason why it wouldn't be on the table  but as a club also need to retain cash flow in the short term, for those who want to and can afford it.

Thinking about cash flow, what about new kits this year?

Maybe the club could add a new level of membership, add to the current benefits to include the new shirt and access to streamed games on ifollow this season and next, maybe around £150?

I have amended it for you. Did you missed the last time the chairman offer fans a refund for tickets, he banned them for life for attending any more games. I know this situation is different.

For me it is simple this season you have paid your money offer fans with tickets a free to view streaming service to watch the games, then next season depending when it starts wait and see.

If it starts in September/October and fans cannot attend they have a right to a refund of their money. Good luck getting it though as I believe that money is already long gone and been used to pay the players to sit at home for the last 3 months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

No idea why anybody would want a refund . Was money paid out ages ago and will obviously help the club to survive . I’ve only attended about 10 matches this ne was a waste of money long before this 

What would help the club survive is the players acting honourably and taking a pay cut. Even halving their wages would leave them very, very rich compared to the ordinary working man.

I'd booked to see Francis Rossi which was cancelled. I didn't say, keep the money. He's a millionaire why would I ?  (and I know theatres will struggle, that's why I'll be going a lot later).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

I want and expect a full refund for the remaining matches this season. We have 2 adult Season Tickets in the South Stand, price averages at around £28 per person, per match - that's £280. I don't earn £280 in a week, some of our players probably earn that in a few minutes.

End of.

Says it all.  I want, expect, and am entitled to, a full refund on any matches this season and next that I am not allowed to attend. 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad

The clubs wage bill is £870k a week

By the time we kick off again 15 weeks will have passed - where the club will have spent £13.05m on wages for players to sit at home

Had the players taken a 20% reduction in pay, as a large number of our fans have been forced to that earn a fraction of the sums of money our players earn - they could have saved the club £2.61m

Our gate receipts ar £14m

Thats £608k a match. 5 matches refunded to every fan would cost the club £3.04m

That would have meant a shortfall to refund every single fan of just £430k. Half a weeks wages for the players

Should our fans, many of whom are suffering severe financial hardship in this pandemic, many of whom who will lose their jobs as the economic realities are played out when the return to work happens, forego a refund for 5 games they will never see?? Or, should the club look to an underperforming, bloated, overpaid playing squad for that money? Or, to a Chairman who has fleeced our loyal fans for 5 years on the promise of building a squad for the Premier League - when we are worse off now than when Mandaric sold to him?

I think its pretty poor form for any fan to point to another fan and suggest they should be leaving their money in the club. 

I have a couple of ST's as others have said the current season has been accounted for so not fussed. I do think that the option should be there so you can choose a refund (some people may need the cash during this time) and maybe offer others a voucher for the shop, could be used for shirts or matches etc.

53 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

What would help the club survive is the players acting honourably and taking a pay cut. Even halving their wages would leave them very, very rich compared to the ordinary working man.

I'd booked to see Francis Rossi which was cancelled. I didn't say, keep the money. He's a millionaire why would I ?  (and I know theatres will struggle, that's why I'll be going a lot later).

Yeah I agree but our pathetic lot are not going to do that are they . I want the club to survive and we all paid this money out at least a year ago . I’ll re phrase. If you are potted and struggling I can see why you would consider a refund . To anybody else, again I don’t understand why anybody would want to jeopardise the clubs future in any way . 

55 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I think there is more chance of having a Co-Vid vaccine in circulation and ready for people to use by the end of the week, than getting a football player at any team to take a pay cut to help the clubs out.

But unfortunately years of mismanagement at all levels of football have allowed the game to now be dominated by tv companies and agents and the mugs in the stands is the one ultimately paying for it, either by merchandise, tickets or satellite subscriptions.