Best atmosphere at away game

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

We had secured promotion previous week with a 1-0 win over Palace, Mel Sterland penalty won it. 

My memory is not what it was! Remember the day well though, sunny and warm, with Cardiff fans sat below us.  When Megson scored the chap next to me shouted down "see that Taffy, that's first division that is!"

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

3 minutes ago, Striggy said:

My memory is not what it was! Remember the day well though, sunny and warm, with Cardiff fans sat below us.  When Megson scored the chap next to me shouted down "see that Taffy, that's first division that is!"

We played another 3 games between clinching promotion against Palace and playing at Cardiff on the final day. Won at Huddersfield, but then a trademark defeat at Shrewsbury and only drawing at home to Man City cost us the title.

12 minutes ago, alanharper said:

We played another 3 games between clinching promotion against Palace and playing at Cardiff on the final day. Won at Huddersfield, but then a trademark defeat at Shrewsbury and only drawing at home to Man City cost us the title.

Remember the day in Shrewsbury, I think Chelsea won to take the league title, but it did really make any difference

Also the defeat at palace when we were singing 'we're all going on a European tour'.…

9 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Blackburn 1980..................night time game against promotion rivals ....................won 2 - 1 , which more or less confirmed us going up.........still never been beaten for atmosphere in all my days.

This one, the atmosphere outside the ground after the game was amazing 

Brighton away in the play offs for numerous reasons 

Only a relatively small following due to restrictions but the tension pre match and in that first 20 minutes was palpable-I think being 2 up and dreading the thought of throwing it all away made everyone extra apprehensive 

The feeling at the end was immense.

singing in the stand with the players and staff, then for a good 30-40 minutes under the stands as it finally sunk in! 

Blackburn away in 1980 is still my all-time favourite away game, not just the result but the atmosphere outside the ground afterwards, never heard so much noise.

Shrewsbury away in the early 1980s, bannister scoring in the last couple of minutes, the away end was going barmy.

1 hour ago, torres said:

Brighton away in the play offs for numerous reasons 

Only a relatively small following due to restrictions but the tension pre match and in that first 20 minutes was palpable-I think being 2 up and dreading the thought of throwing it all away made everyone extra apprehensive 

The feeling at the end was immense.

singing in the stand with the players and staff, then for a good 30-40 minutes under the stands as it finally sunk in! 

Made all the better for the fact that we got battered for the first 20 minutes. 

Palace away May 92

Blackburn away league cup - 4-2
Leicester away 2008 - 3-1. Caused havoc in the Leicester hospitality area.

Leeds away 2007ish 3-2 win Brunt from 45 yards

Coventry away league cup 1-0 win (league cup 1991 run)

Stoke away 2006 - 2-1 Boxing Day. 

Worst;

Many recent away games at Preston 

Tranmere 3-0 reverse 
Didn’t go to Exeter, Stevenage or reading

Best 

Fulham 2014 - bouncing at 0-4

Leicester 2013

Derby 2012 - Reda equaliser 

Brentford 2012 

Cardiff 2010 

All of them in 03/04

Worst

Anything 2017 and after - atmosphere away is crap these days and too focused on a few coked up 18 year olds saving themselves for half time flares and videos. 

4 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Best 

Fulham 2014 - bouncing at 0-4

Leicester 2013

Derby 2012 - Reda equaliser 

Brentford 2012 

Cardiff 2010 

All of them in 03/04

Worst

Anything 2017 and after - atmosphere away is crap these days and too focused on a few coked up 18 year olds saving themselves for half time flares and videos. 

That was an awful one. Pretty much consigned us to league one that defeat.

20 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

1984/85 first game back in D1 Top Flight v Nottingham Forest.It wasn't so much the atmosphere, but the anticipation of playing our first game back.:tango:

Good one that, scorching hot day as well. Spent most of the day shouting scabs at forest....apart from cheering 3 goals...