Best atmosphere at away game

11 hours ago, Onge said:

One that perversely sticks in the mind is Fulham away a few years ago when we lost 4-0. We sung for 90 minutes despite being battered, made more noise than the home fans when they scored and bounced so much I genuinely worried if the stand would collapse. Felt strange having a good time despite the performance.

We need more like this when we get back playing 

On 27/03/2020 at 08:39, oldowl67 said:

Leicester in 1982 when we won 2-0 with goals from Gary Shelton and a screamer into the top corner, right in front of us, by Ante Mirocevic. I think this is the one where we sang Yellows for much of the game. 

did so at saltergate.

remember playing the dings at jokewell, my colleague was a 'ding' and i asked him if they could hear us off that open topped kop of theirs.

he replied "all we could hear was 'W-E-D-N-E-S-D-A-Y-, W-E-D-N-E-S-D-A-Y, W-E-D-N-E-S-D-A-Y' like a haunting sound in the ground".

Guest Bulgaria

Coventry away QF 91.

First time I heard us sing Barmy Army, lasted around an hour.

Up there with my best ever days being an owl.

Liverpool away when we lost 4-0 was special, regardless of the loss.  You just had that proud feeling of out singing the kop and just watching the Liverpool fans staring at our masses, and you just knew they were thinking... " Wow".

On 28/03/2020 at 18:02, sage owl said:

That's what all the family members who kept nipping out to listen to car radios said 😅

Got married 20 May 93 replay night reception was a blinder especially for the blunts when woods did his sign language impression 🤔

• Haha 1