Best atmosphere at away game

10 hours ago, flo said:

Derby County Away in the 2014/15 and in the 2015/16 seasons. 

Watford Away 2015 Nuhiu last minute equaliser game. 

Forest away 2015 Won 2-0

the derby away game on the first day was something else. The equaliser caused mayhem. 

Also the day the derby fans ripped off “if you don’t flipping bounce” and tried to claim it as their own. 

17 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

was it a night match ?? open end in those days and it rained ??? 

No it was a Saturday quite a pleasant day if i remember rightly.  Hundreds waiting for the  Forest fans outside the train station due to the miners strike, chased coppers away who came to disperse them.  My memory has gone to crap so might be completely wrong 

7 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

the derby away game on the first day was something else. The equaliser caused mayhem. 

Also the day the derby fans ripped off “if you don’t flipping bounce” and tried to claim it as their own. 

I wasn't at the first game of the season one. 

When they bounce it is weird but they are loud at their home stadium the times that I've been. Unlike most teams in the country. 

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No it was a Saturday quite a pleasant day if i remember rightly.  Hundreds waiting for the  Forest fans outside the train station due to the miners strike, chased coppers away who came to disperse them.  My memory has gone to crap so might be completely wrong 

i must be thinking of a different game then !?

3 hours ago, oldowl67 said:

Leicester in 1982 when we won 2-0 with goals from Gary Shelton and a screamer into the top corner, right in front of us, by Ante Mirocevic. I think this is the one where we sang Yellows for much of the game. 

Remember singing Yellows throughout the game at Chesterfield. 

Was always impressed with Ante, but he never stamped his authority on a game as much as he should have done 

37 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

was it a night match ?? open end in those days and it rained ??? 

Do apoogise for misreading the thread title.away atmosphere  for me

• Man City and Cardiff away 1983/84 Season
  • West Brom 1990/91 the atmosphere was electric when we came back from being 1-0 down to win 2-1

Also Notts Forest away mid week 1984/85.The City Ground was terracing at both ends and the away supporters had the corner as you can see in the background from the picture..:tango:

sport-football-division-one-city-ground-

Edited by parkfieldowl14

Best away day I remember was at Cardiff when we won 0-2 to secure promotion to the old Division 1, think it was penultimate game of season, and seem to remember Gary Megson scored.  Off to google it now.

12th May 1984

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

6 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Blackburn 1980..................night time game against promotion rivals ....................won 2 - 1 , which more or less confirmed us going up.........still never been beaten for atmosphere in all my days.

Agree with this, officially 9,000 Wednesday with hundreds more in home end. 

34 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Best away day I remember was at Cardiff when we won 0-2 to secure promotion to the old Division 1, think it was penultimate game of season, and seem to remember Gary Megson scored.  Off to google it now.

12th May 1984

We had secured promotion previous week with a 1-0 win over Palace, Mel Sterland penalty won it. 

4 hours ago, oldowl67 said:

Leicester in 1982 when we won 2-0 with goals from Gary Shelton and a screamer into the top corner, right in front of us, by Ante Mirocevic. I think this is the one where we sang Yellows for much of the game. 

I have never seen any footage of that Mirocevic goal any available  ?. Always remember it as one of the best goals I ever saw. We managed to get on the side terrace that day. 

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Agree with this, officially 9,000 Wednesday with hundreds more in home end. 

I still to this day don't know how I got home from this game but I woke up in my own bed the next lunchtime. I remember going to the game getting back on the coach stopping off somewhere Chorley ?. Apparently I didn't get back on the coach. 

One of the best I can remember was at Brentford in the 2005 playoffs (think that was the game when we managed to chuck a ball into the little TV gantry behind us whilst they were live on air). Yet oddly when I watched the recording back, you could hardly hear us during the game, the little open terrace must have lost all the noise.