Best atmosphere at away game

A few Good uns, Blackburn away 93 Lc Semi Final, Ipswich and Leicester matches which have already been mentioned from our Promotion Season in 90/91 and plenty of others.

If we can include Neutral Grounds the 83 and 86 FA Cup semi Finals.

But for me as a genuine away match, Liverpool in LC Qf in 83/84 the "We'll be back match" easily wins. 

Estimates of between 12-14k of us, never stopped singing despite the scoreline. 

I wish I'd gone the following season when we won to chants of "we said we'll be back and we are" from the traveling 5 or 6k lucky enough to get tickets.

Only other match in my time that I can recall that would come close (but I wasn't there) would be Man City away in the same Promotion season reports again of 12-14k there to see us win 2-1 with 2 Varadi goals.

Another of thone wish I was there days.

Edited by OWL1969
  • Thanks 1

The 2 - 2 draw at the stain after being 2-0 down , when the equaliser went in it was something else !! Can’t remember the year but Jones should have won it for us at the death , now if that had gone in  !! Last 2 games at Leeds we’re pretty good too . Our away support is amazing still . 

• Thanks 1

Also Blackburn away 2014 when Dielna scored that last minute winner. 

And Rotherham away 2015 when there was 4 goals in the last ten minutes and came from behind twice to win. Most tired from celebrating I'd ever been. 

Edited by flo
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

The 2 - 2 draw at the stain after being 2-0 down , when the equaliser went in it was something else !! Can’t remember the year but Jones should have won it for us at the death , now if that had gone in  !! Last 2 games at Leeds we’re pretty good too . Our away support is amazing still . 

Nearly added that 2-2, head was throbbing for days. If jones header had gone in I think Id have been off the top tier

3 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Blackburn 1980..................night time game against promotion rivals ....................won 2 - 1 , which more or less confirmed us going up.........still never been beaten for atmosphere in all my days.

This one ^^^^^

And it's 40 years ago next month :wacko:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

A few Good uns, Blackburn away 93 Lc Semi Final, Ipswich and Leicester matches which have already been mentioned from our Promotion Season in 90/91 and plenty of others.

If we can include Neutral Grounds the 83 and 86 FA Cup semi Finals.

But for me as a genuine away match, Liverpool in LC Qf in 83/84 the "We'll be back match" easily wins. 

Estimates of between 12-14k of us, never stopped singing despite the scoreline. 

I wish I'd gone the following season when we won to chants of "we said we'll be back and we are" from the traveling 5 or 6k lucky enough to get tickets.

Only other match in my time that I can recall that would come close (but I wasn't there) would be Man City away in the same Promotion season reports again of 12-14k there to see us win 2-1 with 2 Varadi goals.

Another of thone wish I was there days.

Agreed. Liverpool 3-0 Wednesday in that LC Qf. Astonishing atmosphere.

Man U 1-2 Wednesday a year later next. Electric in the Scoreboard End. Though I’ll also never forget feeling as small as an ant when Old Trafford erupted when their equaliser went in. That was something else. But the atmosphere when Varadi thumped his winning header home!

Liverpool 0-2 Wednesday same season brilliant too. Though because it was the then invincible Liverpool team it was too stressful. I thought they would score one then run out winners.

Great days.

• Thanks 1