Best atmosphere at away game

Most of the away games, 83/84 when we got promoted..Maine rd took 10k plus, St James, Chelsea, Cardiff and Anfield best season ever..Sterland pen against palace at home when we secured promotion.. best season ever...kaiserslautern as probably only time I will see us away in a UEFA game.

3 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Honourable mention for atmosphere at Millmoor.

Some great memories from Wednesday playing there. 

Roger Wylde curling in a shot into the corner from the edge of the box sticks in my mind. 

Class. 

And Hornsby's volley! :biggrin:

17 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Blackburn 1980..................night time game against promotion rivals ....................won 2 - 1 , which more or less confirmed us going up.........still never been beaten for atmosphere in all my days.

My first away game that -  amazing - 15 years old, thought they were all going to be as good as that.....

:duntmatter:

16 hours ago, the monk said:

Mellor diving header ....get in 

My memory is dire nowadays but I remember that almost as though it was yesterday. 

It was at that awkward height where he could just as easily tried to use his foot... fortunately he didn't - he was far better with his head.

Absolutely rammed in that away end... couldn't believe how exciting it all was as a young kid.

6 hours ago, Bleeder said:

My memory is dire nowadays but I remember that almost as though it was yesterday. 

It was at that awkward height where he could just as easily tried to use his foot... fortunately he didn't - he was far better with his head.

Absolutely rammed in that away end... couldn't believe how exciting it all was as a young kid.

7D2B9998-D2F7-4151-B8D0-9EF2678810EE.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One that perversely sticks in the mind is Fulham away a few years ago when we lost 4-0. We sung for 90 minutes despite being battered, made more noise than the home fans when they scored and bounced so much I genuinely worried if the stand would collapse. Felt strange having a good time despite the performance.

19 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

My top 3 are -

Burnley 7-2 win in 03 just after relegation. 

Hull 2-1 win in 05 last minute winner to secure play off spot.

Leicester 3-1 win in 08 to put us in a better position to survive. It was a game we couldn't afford to lose.

Burnley I was sat in their end, sums up the season:duntmatter:

55 minutes ago, Onge said:

One that perversely sticks in the mind is Fulham away a few years ago when we lost 4-0. We sung for 90 minutes despite being battered, made more noise than the home fans when they scored and bounced so much I genuinely worried if the stand would collapse. Felt strange having a good time despite the performance.

I was going to say that. Absolutely cracking atmosphere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have to agree with others re the Blackburn away in 1980. The Darwen Road end which was a covered terracing was not only bursting at the seams but that loud you could not talk to the person next to you and be heard. Down both sides was also full of wednesdayites.

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
On 27/03/2020 at 07:37, sheriwozgod said:

Blackburn 1980..................night time game against promotion rivals ....................won 2 - 1 , which more or less confirmed us going up.........still never been beaten for atmosphere in all my days.

Definitely this one, still remember it. Can't believe it was so long ago.