My First ITK

2 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I'm now hoping the sale of the ground isn't allowed to go through. 

The last thing we need is another of DC's 'cunning plans', where he sells us and then charges the new owners rent.

Although if you can't sell an executive box the whole flipping club is highly unlikely.

The sale has already happened and nothing the EFL can do will change that.

10 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Eight pages of absolute bullshit on here up to now. Why doesn't everybody just sit back and wait for something decisive to shout about.

What, like in the 70's?........aah the good old days, where the Owlstalk equivalent was a good gossip in the pub over a pint.

Must admit being a codger I do miss those days, but with the club in tatters and seemly locked down, it's natural that supporters speculate.

17 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Eight pages of absolute bullshit on here up to now. Why doesn't everybody just sit back and wait for something decisive to shout about.

Because i am sat bored waiting for a payment that doesn't appear to be coming and will cause me real issues if it dunt.  Talking bull on here detracts me from worrying about it.  People discussing rumours and possibilities, sort of what a forum is for I suppose.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Beyond fed up with the club and current ownership. 

Our only plan is try and get promoted. Unfortunately that’s flawed when you don’t have the playing staff or coaching staff to do so. 

Needs DC to take a step back and employ the people to give the club an identity with a long term vision. I don’t think he’d ever do that though. 

It’s tricky though. Because who’s to say the grass will be greener without him or if we turn on him as a fanbase? He can just dig his heels in and we’ll soon be the next Pompey or Coventry. We don’t own the ground anymore. 

We don't know for certain anything about a deal regarding Celtic/JR, we don't know that DC scuppered the deal, we do know that we are paying for him in instalments and the monies will be already factored into the following years accounts, selling/loaning would not have any effect with regards to FFP/P&S.

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

We don't know for certain anything about a deal regarding Celtic/JR, we don't know that DC scuppered the deal, we do know that we are paying for him in instalments and the monies will be already factored into the following years accounts, selling/loaning would not have any effect with regards to FFP/P&S.

Surely it would if he was loaned out and his wages paid?

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Our only plan is try and get promoted. Unfortunately that’s flawed when you don’t have the playing staff or coaching staff to do so. 

Needs DC to take a step back and employ the people to give the club an identity with a long term vision. I don’t think he’d ever do that though. 

It’s tricky though. Because who’s to say the grass will be greener without him or if we turn on him as a fanbase? He can just dig his heels in and we’ll soon be the next Pompey or Coventry. We don’t own the ground anymore. 

The problem is every fans can see the massive issues at the club but DC is too stubborn to admit he does not have a clue what he is doing.

As long as the fans keep paying for the tickets and the merchandise at the rip off prices nothing will change.

If the team is playing in front of 10,000 crowds each week and DC is having to put millions in each month to pay for the day to day costs it won't be long before he sells up and goes.

Can we seek leniency from the EFL and argue that their Fit and Proper Person test isn't worth the paper it's written on?

It's always the fans that suffer and boy will we suffer. Could be Portsmouth sized suffering or worse. Somewhat exacerbated by the blunts achieving a European place next season and chirping for the forseeable. We won't get any young fans for decades unless we force our kids to go.

Very gloomy picture, cheers DC, known all along you were a disaster waiting to happen. 

Edited by Mystic Neg
  • Haha 1

Just now, room0035 said:

The problem is every fans can see the massive issues at the club but DC is too stubborn to admit he does not have a clue what he is doing.

As long as the fans keep paying for the tickets and the merchandise at the rip off prices nothing will change.

If the team is playing in front of 10,000 crowds each week and DC is having to put millions in each month to pay for the day to day costs it won't be long before he sells up and goes.

Stop trying to rally fans to your own crusade.  I am a fan and will continue to go every week and support the team.  Rip off prices?  yeah sure they are high, but this was explained by DC from the start,that to try to get the most out of P&S limits the fans had to take some pain to contribute towards allowable income.  How it's been spent is a different topic, but it has not gone into the pockets of greedy shareholders so not a rip off, just painful. Sure DC is getting things wrong, but don't need anyone telling me not to go.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Striggy said:

Stop trying to rally fans to your own crusade.  I am a fan and will continue to go every week and support the team.  Rip off prices?  yeah sure they are high, but this was explained by DC from the start,that to try to get the most out of P&S limits the fans had to take some pain to contribute towards allowable income.  How it's been spent is a different topic, but it has not gone into the pockets of greedy shareholders so not a rip off, just painful. Sure DC is getting things wrong, but don't need anyone telling me not to go.

So where has all the money gone then?

Whos benefitted from these high prices?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I'm not an expert but we don't know what Celtic (if at all) were offering, it could have been derisory.

Going by Dc's dealings to date it would not be a give away, point being that loaning with wages paid would be a step in the right direction re P&S.

6 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I have been on here many years but never been ITK with stuff. However, today is the day after nearly a decade on Owlstalk that I join the highly esteemed likes of The Bizzle, Big Guns, Penguin and John Bloodaxe in being truly ITK. 

One of my friends (not an Owl) works at another Championship club and a guy who he knows from university currently works for us (I won't say the role but it is with the first team and U23). They met last week and got talking about Wednesday as he knows my family are all supporters and season ticket holders. This is what he passed on to me, some of it is very obvious stuff we can all guess, but some other things might be surprising.

- The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- There are some divisions within the dressing room 

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him 

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays

Most it seems pretty plausible and nothing too groundbreaking. Enjoy garymegson

Was there no mention of the club being sold? Or any unknown people in suits (or possibly other forms of clothing) being shown around the club?

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Who is going to want to buy given that?

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And there lies one of the main issues created by Chansiri himself - given all the experienced football ‘experts’ he has brought in but have very quickly left WHO would now be daft enough to come to Hillsborough and work for a chairman that doesn’t listen to good advice when he’s offered it. If he was a good chairman to work for we would today have one of the most experienced ‘advisers’ working for the club. All we have is ‘Paxo’ !!!!!!

Just now, @owlstalk said:

So where has all the money gone then?

Whos benefitted from these high prices?

No one has it seems, being wasted maybe, but as i said its a different issue to "Rip Off"  It was meant to benefit the club and make us competitive. Unless anything shows in the accounts we are not paying high prices to pay out huge dividends?