My First ITK

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

In other sectors of trade and industry, companies or organisations are not permitted to make misleading claims under consumer protection rights. The questionnaire put in the public domain by the club alluded to higher prices being reflected in higher standards on the pitch. Whether that is intended or not, how can it not be a misleading statement?

Depends how you define it I suppose, was it defined?  And alluded seems a little spurious you can make it say whatever you wish. 

I wish we could charge £15 - £20 a game and maybe we can, but it would lessen our chances of promotion.  

Enjoying the curry analogies. 

What a sorry state of affairs though. 

There is a lack of kormacation from the club. 

Really fear the worst on Wednesday, reckon the final score could be naan-nil to City. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We’ve not increased matchday revenue anywhere near 60%.

It will have been better in the season 2016/17 but in the last 3 seasons (apart from the away fans) there is barely any POTGers at most games 

Well our average attendance in 16/17 was 27,129, in 17/18 it was 25,995 and 18/19 it was 24,429.

To say that there are barely any POTG is nonsense.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Depends how you define it I suppose, was it defined?  And alluded seems a little spurious you can make it say whatever you wish. 

I wish we could charge £15 - £20 a game and maybe we can, but it would lessen our chances of promotion.  

The interpretation that most would draw from the question is that paying higher prices will result in a higher quality product on the field. Therefore it is misleading.

5 minutes ago, marshy said:

Unless of course you're Chris Wilder, who can sign a complete bag of poo , get the likes of Leon Clarke scoring for fun,and still win promotion. Funny old world sometimes.

But you wouldn't use that a business plan to get promoted.  Mccabe has tried for years to make a success of it and then out of nowhere he gets lucky.

No one will convince me that he brought Wilder in, to get promotion to the Prem.

11 minutes ago, Minton said:

So we increased the matchday revenues by ~60%. It won't have covered the entirety of the wage increase but we would have failed P&S had we not done it. 

It didn't work, but it was close to getting us promoted. In hindsight, it was probably the wrong call, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

By what percentage did the transfer fees and wages go up by? 

How about in pure monetary terms rather than percentages.

Still reckon it's a drop in the ocean compared to the rise in outgoings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

The interpretation that most would draw from the question is that paying higher prices will result in a higher quality product on the field. Therefore it is misleading.

Doesn't make them right though.

Look I was expecting, hoping for promotion but whatever business plan you make, whatever promises you make you can't know the future.

If you think you have a case then take him to the small claims court or whatever you do when you aren't happy with the goods.

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What we expect and what occurs so often doesn't happen in all aspects of life.

The leagues are littered with clubs who have thrown money at it and not succeeded. 

I do think he has to rethink his ticketing policy as no one is going to buy into it again.

How he does that is another matter.

With the club selling Multi year season tickets until something like 2035 with the guarantee of the best price per game the club has given itself very little wiggle room with the ticket prices.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Doesn't make them right though.

Look I was expecting, hoping for promotion but whatever business plan you make, whatever promises you make you can't know the future.

If you think you have a case then take him to the small claims court or whatever you do when you aren't happy with the goods.

I intend taking no action. It was simply a response to one line in your previous post which I considered erroneous. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

An entire squad full of spineless overpaid wasters led by an uninspiring manager and a chairman who doesn't give 2 hoots...what a time to be alive.

Saturday was the final straw for me

Not much truth in that.Hope it was the final straw for you and the others who agree with you.The club is better off without "fans" like you.

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

But you wouldn't use that a business plan to get promoted.  Mccabe has tried for years to make a success of it and then out of nowhere he gets lucky.

No one will convince me that he brought Wilder in, to get promotion to the Prem.

Absolutely, I was only joking. It just appears right now everything they touch turns to gold. I completely agree with you, anyone who says it was a model to follow is delusional. They just got damn lucky.

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

Absolutely, I was only joking. It just appears right now everything they touch turns to gold. I completely agree with you, anyone who says it was a model to follow is delusional. They just got damn lucky.

I'd love to agree that "they just got damn lucky", but can't.

They won league one at a canter, finished a respectable 10th in the Championship, went up automatically the next season, and this season are more than holding their own.

You don't ride your luck for four seasons.

They've managed to do this while keeping ticket prices down too.

Detest them.

UTO

FTB 

1 minute ago, Forza SPAL said:

They won league one at a canter, finished a respectable 10th in the Championship, went up automatically the next season, and this season are more than holding their own.

Detest them.

UTO

FTB 

Good grief the plan was lucky he never planned for or hoped that would be the outcome.

22 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

By what percentage did the transfer fees and wages go up by? 

How about in pure monetary terms rather than percentages.

Still reckon it's a drop in the ocean compared to the rise in outgoings

I don't have exact figures, but the rough workings are 6,000 non ST tickets per game at £33 per game. That is £198,000. Multiply that by 23 home games and you get £4.55m, an increase of £1.4m vs £23. 

Even with the falling crowds, we still got 5,000 extra compared to 13/14 - 15/16 too. 

That is most definitely not "a drop in the ocean".

Edited by Minton

9 minutes ago, Forza SPAL said:

Detest them.

UTO

FTB 

The bit they got lucky with was appointing Wilder, the rest followed.