My First ITK

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Good grief the plan was lucky he never planned for or hoped that would be the outcome.

Remember when he first came.Lots of their fans said no experience of managing a big club in any of the higher divisions etc.etc Took a while for them to be convinced especially with an owner who wouldn't spend any money.Very,very lucky.Not due to planning at all. Most clubs go through good times and bad .Be positive and believe this is as bad as it gets for us and as good as it will ever get for blavdes.The tides will turn,believe me and keep supporting no matter what.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Enjoying the curry analogies. 

What a sorry state of affairs though. 

There is a lack of kormacation from the club. 

Really fear the worst on Wednesday, reckon the final score could be naan-nil to City. 

Don’t be so peshwarimistic!

4 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Remember when he first came.Lots of their fans said no experience of managing a big club in any of the higher divisions etc.etc Took a while for them to be convinced especially with an owner who wouldn't spend any money.Very,very lucky.Not due to planning at all. Most clubs go through good times and bad .Be positive and believe this is as bad as it gets for us and as good as it will ever get for blavdes.The tides will turn,believe me and keep supporting no matter what.

Am in mate till finances or illness dictates otherwise.

that what you have said is 100% true. I only know bits myself or heard it 2nd hand . but regards players ,every club has them its very rare you get a squad of 24 players and they all get on. interestingly when we lost 4-2 to pigs a few of our players squared up to each other bannan got in tom lees face or maybe chest then fletcher got in lees face but guess what there good friends and have had holidays since together, I don't think Hutchinson is some kind of monster , I think he could do with releasing a statement regarding it all ,as silence makes it all sound true. the 1 thing in common with jos is jos wanted players who were fit and trained every day , we all know westwood has hardly trained in 5 years , and Hutchinson has spent a lot of time in treatment room . but we live for today not next season , if Hutchinson was some kind of a bad person then why aint he been sacked? whenever ive seen him he gets on with other players and is always laughing and joking on training videos. 

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

He'll no doubt be asking for some absurd price. Plus do we really trust him to hand us over to someone competent? 

Whole thing is a poo show tbh

It would be difficult to find someone as bad as chansiri. 

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is it fair to say if you have a bigger budget for players then it gives more expectation and increases the chance of signing better players so improving the chances of promotion?

NO

Simply put is that was the case then it would always be a case of whichever club spends the most gets promotion

It isn’t the case, has never been the case, and probably won’t ever be the case either 

Owlstalk Shop

50 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Depends how you define it I suppose, was it defined?  And alluded seems a little spurious you can make it say whatever you wish. 

I wish we could charge £15 - £20 a game and maybe we can, but it would lessen our chances of promotion.  

No it wouldn’t 

I hate to do something like this but I really do need to point out to you that you have fallen for this myth hook line and sinker 

Nothing personal of course just wanted to point out that maybe you’ve succumbed to the PR and spin

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

Eight pages of absolute bullshit on here up to now. Why doesn't everybody just sit back and wait for something decisive to shout about.

what exactly were you expecting on a thread with in the know in the title?

its like going to the pizza shop and moaning  you didn’t get fish and chips. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

NO

Simply put is that was the case then it would always be a case of whichever club spends the most gets promotion

It isn’t the case, has never been the case, and probably won’t ever be the case either 

Whose player budget would you chose?

Sheffield Wednesday's

Rotherham's 

Manchester City's

11 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Genuine question.

How much did commercial revenue increase in this period?

The fans were asked to do their bit paying higher prices. Did DC do his bit and maximise revenue from other areas.

Like I said, genuine question.

DC sponsored the shirts and advertising sponsors with his own companies. He paid the maximum allowed in the P&S rules, putting in far more than we were being sponsored at the time and are liable to get now. With the added bonus that there isn't a 3rd party wanting their own terms for sponsorship deals. So he has been putting in £3-4m per season of his own money too.

All signed off by the EFL I might add. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No it wouldn’t 

I hate to do something like this but I really do need to point out to you that you have fallen for this myth hook line and sinker 

Nothing personal of course just wanted to point out that maybe you’ve succumbed to the PR and spin

Not taking it personal its a good debate.

Why wouldn't it?

Spell it out for me.  

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not taking it personal its a good debate.

Why wouldn't it?

Spell it out for me.  

The easiest way to illustrate and demonstrate this point is for you to post details of any clubs that have done it successfully previously 

They dont exist 

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Whilst I agree they have got lucky, their transfer policy has been good and their marketing leaves us standing.

I hate giving them any credit but grudgingly it is due.

I don't agree, they were a selling club and nothing more, they signed totally average players like Clarke and McGoldrick (both who had been awful for us) and made them look like world beaters, thats good management not good transfer policy.

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Average ticket price of £20 vs £35 is a 75% increase in POTG revenue, which equates to millions per season, so a significant amount of money when it comes to FFP and now P&S. Even a decrease in ticket sales with higher prices still means more money coming into the club. The additional revenue would be a player on £30k a week signing.

False economy, he’s set potg prices so high less people go so negating the extra revenue. 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No it wouldn’t 

It's called fan conditioning Neil...

4 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

False economy, he’s set potg prices so high less people go so negating the extra revenue. 

We get 4,000 extra compared to the 15/16 season even now. If you think about the maths for a second, you'll notice that even if our non ST tickets fell, the increase in ticket prices means that we still make more money. We would need a drop of 60% to negate the higher prices and in reality they are way up on MM's tenure.