My First ITK

7 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Stop trying to rally fans to your own crusade.  I am a fan and will continue to go every week and support the team.  Rip off prices?  yeah sure they are high, but this was explained by DC from the start,that to try to get the most out of P&S limits the fans had to take some pain to contribute towards allowable income.  How it's been spent is a different topic, but it has not gone into the pockets of greedy shareholders so not a rip off, just painful. Sure DC is getting things wrong, but don't need anyone telling me not to go.

Sheffield United managed to get promoted without the need of rip off prices.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So the players have had the money then

And the agents? And maybe also advisors?

I don't think thats the issue, a poster was accusing the chairman of ripping off the fans, if the money hasn't gone into his own pocket but was actually spent in what he saw as improvements than fans are not being ripped off.

• Haha 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

They have one of the best English managers that has emerged for years, the running of the club behind the scenes was shambolic, they got lucky.

• Haha 2

Just now, toppOwl said:

I don't think thats the issue, a poster was accusing the chairman of ripping off the fans, if the money hasn't gone into his own pocket but was actually spent in what he saw as improvements than fans are not being ripped off.

That logic makes no sense whatsoever

If you went into a curry house and paid £35 for a curry worth £8.95, but all the profits went into the  curry house owner making umbrellas then that doesn’t mean you’re not getting ripped off 

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Is there any chance the EFL could disqualify Chansiri under the Owners and Directors test as they did with Cellino at Leeds?

Would that be a good outcome for us now?

He has already transfered his shares to his wife :Chansiri:

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That logic makes no sense whatsoever

If you went into a curry house and paid £35 for a curry worth £8.95, but all the profits went into the  curry house owner making umbrellas then that doesn’t mean you’re not getting ripped off 

Totally different scenario, he's not using the money to make the curry house better. If the profit was used to buy the best ingredients and hire the best chefs again it wouldn't be a rip off.

Just now, toppOwl said:

Totally different scenario, he's not using the money to make the curry house better. If the profit was used to buy the best ingredients and hire the best chefs again it wouldn't be a rip off.

But the money is going to the staff (players) and the staffs employment agency (agents/advisors)

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Horses for courses, Blunts the exception rather than the rule. Do I like paying high prices, of course not, do I understand what DC was trying to do, yes.  Did it work, no!

Still would only call it a rip off if someone was profiteering from it, do not believe anyone is.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

7 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

They have one of the best English managers that has emerged for years, the running of the club behind the scenes was shambolic, they got lucky.

Other clubs apart from Sheffield United have been promoted without the need for eye watering ticket prices like Wednesday including some who didn't have parachute payments.
I dont actually blame Chansiri for not getting promoted, can be very fine margins between success and failure in the play offs for example.
But for the high ticket prices I think he deserves less sympathy for running the club so poorly.

1 minute ago, Striggy said:

Horses for courses, Blunts the exception rather than the rule.

What about all the other clubs that have also managed it with prices lower than ours?

You know...

Literally every single other club to have got promoted from this division..

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ash76

F8ck me, everyone has always heard summat and then you can rely on the majority of our fanbase to lap it up. I swear some even enjoy it

2 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Something I heard re: Points Deduction. Could be true, might be bull.

The EFL have been pushing to give us maximum points deduction (21 points) knowing that we'll challenge it and get it reduced to ~12 points. They want to make an example of us for challenging them.

It doesn't work like that. I'm sure the EFL would want to give us 21 points but they don't get to decide, the INDEPENDENT panel do. The panel is independent of the EFL and rarely (or never) give penalties as severe as the EFL want.

In our case they might make an exception.

Anybody any idea if our commercial income has increased under DC.  I understand why DC charges the fans so much, I don't with agree it, but it would be even more diffucult to accept if our already poor commercial income hadn't improved under DC.

11 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

If I bought a curry for £35 and was told it cost £8 to assemble the ingredients, I'd expect the chef to welcome me personally to the seat and produce the most amazing tikka masala I've ever had.

If he served up a flat onion bhaji, mouldy rice and gave me a wobbly chair I'd say I'd been ripped off.

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But the money is going to the staff (players) and the staffs employment agency (agents/advisors)

Surely in this scenario the players are not the staff but the actual curry. 

Balti Bannon

Keema Lee

Etc

• Haha 1