My First ITK

35 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Lakshmi Mittal ?????

Indian born steel magnate based in the United Kingdom. Chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steelmaking company. Mittal owns 38% of ArcelorMittal 

and holds an 11% stake in Queens Park Rangers F.C.

Would fit in with the idea of " The Steel City " and has some previous knowledge of football.

BTW I am NOT ITK. it's just a plausible hunch.

Worlds 3rd richest man in 2005, currently net worth of 8 billion pounds. I don’t think Wednesday would be that lucky somehow. 

Tho of course even if we do get sold on it needs to be to someone with better ideas of spending their money than Chansiri has done 

Edited by Owls-Fan

Change tends to come from the top and that will only occur when DC sells up.

..there is no discernible leadership/direction at the club and hasn't been for a long time which largely accounts for our current predicament.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

19 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Arbitration case has nothing to do with whether the sale should be allowed or not.  It also whichever way it's resolved does not have any baring whether the club has broken rules etc.

The case is whether the EFL bringing the charges in the first place is lawful.

Until the charges hearing is held following arbitration hearing then no way I f knowing punishment which would only be decided after the hearing.

Thing with rumours is that it ends up being like Chinese whispers, where a initial case of players being warned that we could end up with 12 points ends up with players informed 12 points inevitable.

Exactly. At this point we don't even know if the charges are lawful and if they are, whether we're guilty as there hasn't been a hearing so how can anyone know the punishment? 

Edited by Nut
Spelling

20 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Worlds 3rd richest man in 2005, currently net worth of 8 billion pounds. I don’t think Wednesday would be that lucky somehow. 

Tho of course even if we do get sold on it needs to be to someone with better ideas of spending their money than Chansiri has done 

Anyone springs to mind

1 hour ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Lakshmi Mittal ?????

Indian born steel magnate based in the United Kingdom. Chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steelmaking company. Mittal owns 38% of ArcelorMittal 

and holds an 11% stake in Queens Park Rangers F.C.

Would fit in with the idea of " The Steel City " and has some previous knowledge of football.

BTW I am NOT ITK. it's just a plausible hunch.

Would be nice but his name has been touted for about ten years now, yet here we are.

3 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I have been on here many years but never been ITK with stuff. However, today is the day after nearly a decade on Owlstalk that I join the highly esteemed likes of The Bizzle, Big Guns, Penguin and John Bloodaxe in being truly ITK. 

One of my friends (not an Owl) works at another Championship club and a guy who he knows from university currently works for us (I won't say the role but it is with the first team and U23). They met last week and got talking about Wednesday as he knows my family are all supporters and season ticket holders. This is what he passed on to me, some of it is very obvious stuff we can all guess, but some other things might be surprising.

- The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- There are some divisions within the dressing room 

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him 

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays

Most it seems pretty plausible and nothing too groundbreaking. Enjoy garymegson

If this is true we are down.

1 hour ago, BrucieBonus said:

But not having a CEO Officer around whilst he’s not here is neglecting the duty of care he has for the club.

What duty of care?

DC can shut the club down completely if he wants. He can do what he wants as sole owner.

Wishful thinking doesn't make things true.

Yep the Rhodes thing is almost certainly true - I’ve previously had ‘ITK’ contacts who said we quoted a club £6m-£8m for Palmer a couple of years back. When you look how few players we’ve moved on since Chansiri arrived, you can believe it.

Chansiri has always had the best intentions for us as a club, but we are in a mess now and it’s down to him. We can keep sacking the manager every 10 months and cover up the cracks for a little bit, but we’ll revert to the same problem that is our owner.

Thanks for your first full season helping us get to Wembley, that was a great season and that gamble nearly paid off, but it’s been mostly miserable since.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I remember something going off during that game. 

The commentators mentioned something about him being injured. 

Funnily enough. I've heard that Hutchinson has all but agreed to join QPR in the summer. His house is up for sale and so forth. 

Could be complete bo11ocks, but I think there is absolutely no chance he will play again for Sheffield Wednesday. Same goes for his mate. 

Sure that rumour was doing the rounds last summer - two transfer windows later, he's still here.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Sure that rumour was doing the rounds last summer - two transfer windows later, he's still here.

True, but he can now be signed up on a free in the summer, as opposed to :Chansiri: demanding 20 millionf for him. 

• Haha 1

Very interesting, confirming what we've already heard and suspected. 

Doesn't cover DC in glory. He's obviously bored and realised he's well out of his depth. 

The Rhodes thing, just another staggering decision in a long line of pretty terrible business decisions. 

Anyone know anyone with a spare £100m to but him out?

• Haha 1