My First ITK

3 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I have been on here many years but never been ITK with stuff. However, today is the day after nearly a decade on Owlstalk that I join the highly esteemed likes of The Bizzle, Big Guns, Penguin and John Bloodaxe in being truly ITK. 

One of my friends (not an Owl) works at another Championship club and a guy who he knows from university currently works for us (I won't say the role but it is with the first team and U23). They met last week and got talking about Wednesday as he knows my family are all supporters and season ticket holders. This is what he passed on to me, some of it is very obvious stuff we can all guess, but some other things might be surprising.

- The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- There are some divisions within the dressing room 

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him 

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays

Most it seems pretty plausible and nothing too groundbreaking. Enjoy garymegson

Nothing to disbelieve there.

I'm hoping the DC wanting out bit is true, the rest I can live with.

• Like 1

The only thing that bothers me is the points deduction affecting the players. 

I can see how it could be disheartening for the players.... we got up to 3rd even though we didn’t play amazingly well but there were some good performances thrown in. But do they really care so little for the club and the supporters? 

Why don’t they play with the attitude and character so that if a points deduction does come that at least the club will be safe? 

Why don’t they show that they want to be here, even if their contracts are up at the end of the season? Do they want to leave so badly?

This is why it feels like only the supporters care and we’re the ones paying heavily for it in the heart and the pocket. 

• Thanks 1

Very good OP.

In Georgian/Victoria England, the less able younger sons of rich families tended to go into the church, where they could do no harm, and live off the fat of a rectory.

The otherwise unemployable members of plutocratic Thai families get to play with football clubs.

The Rhodes story - utterly plausible - is on its own proof that Delphon Chansiri is a moron.

34 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Nothing to disbelieve there.

I'm hoping the DC wanting out bit is true, the rest I can live with.

This ^ everything the OP’s comments rings true and it’s not just surgery’s and pubs that currently need a deep clean.  Our whole club needs a clear out from the owner down to the players with poor attitudes and ability 

Good for you and thank you for posting that, the majority of things on there are things I know from people at the club, I’ve posted about them previously without saying I’m ITK because I couldn’t be bothered with the grief on here, fair play to you, the points deduction one is something I was ridiculed for, I think people need to realise how badly the club is run and the trouble the club is in .

Guest oz_owl
4 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Good for you and thank you for posting that, the majority of things on there are things I know from people at the club, I’ve posted about them previously without saying I’m ITK because I couldn’t be bothered with the grief on here, fair play to you, the points deduction one is something I was ridiculed for, I think people need to realise how badly the club is run and the trouble the club is in .

The points deduction thing is the most concerning.  Not the deduction itself (which I think a lot of us expect), but that the players have been told it's likely.  We have a lot of players who aren't likely to be here next season, or have been told they are not in Monk's first team plans - knowing the playoffs is completely out of the question is bound to affect performance.  The Championship is so tight that it only takes a small drop in performance to end up with the type of run we're on now.  It could be a very anxious run in.

Edited by oz_owl

Guest oz_owl
46 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

Fletcher has been quoted as saying that Monk is the best manager he's worked with.

I wondered if the points deduction stuff was the catalyst for the bad run. Obviously the question then is when did the players find out? Was it at Stoke with 6 minutes to go? Cos this bad run started with that match. They stood up and beat Leeds, probably cos even the players hate Leeds and they managed to beat a shockingly poor Charlton side. During that game we saw glimpses of togetherness and spirit. The players should have upped their game to ensure a points deduction didn't cost us a playoff place. 12 points could easily be the spread between 3rd and 6th. If that's the reason for our horrific run then they're more spineless than I thought.

Orlando has been on here years. I'd say he has nothing to gain by making stuff up. His mates mate may have but everything he says either rings true/makes sense or is stuff people have been saying for a while now. 

I'm slowly accepting the fact that I'm gonna have a very expensive league 1 season ticket.