My First ITK

Guest wilyfox

The OP makes sense. Not sure about the players having already been told of a points deduction though. Why would you tell them early? Always likely to be a de-motivator. 

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If we are due a 12 points deduction then lets just have it so we know where we stand. That can at least be some sort of catalyst for the fans and players to unite and try and get enough points to stay up. Sometimes the fear of a punishment coming is worse and more damaging than the actual punishment itself.

I agree. I can see Chansiri being really stubborn and if we do get a points deduction having endless legal challenges which could do more harm than the initial punishment with no guarantee of success.

Good OP and totally inline with everything I've heard too, especially the bit about employee's disliking DC.

Last week I worked for a guy I've known for years - great bloke, diehard Wednesday fan and in charge of selling executive boxes at the club, a job he'd done since the PL days.

He left three weeks after Chansiri arrived so no new ITK info, but he left as DC was basically telling him how to do his job, while doubling the cost of the boxes. Reckons he did well to last three weeks - about 30 left around the same time. He's now at another local EFL club and loving it.

Can remember telling this story around the time it happened and being met with 'he's dragging us into the 21st century' etc. Five years on and there are STILL people supportive of his record. Absolutely bonkers.

Edited by KivoOwl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

How has anyone been told there’s a points deduction when the Independent panel hasn’t even sat, the arbitration decision hasn’t even been reached !  Forgive me for been a little bit wary of this 

believe it’s 100% true DC wants out though 

It does seem strange unless the club & the EFL have allowed the independent panel to sit & decide on punishment pending the arbitration decision.

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

Careful Orlando, when I so much as suggested that both these things had been highly corroborated over the last few months and it was a perfectly plausible series of events, the TruFans(TM)' heads started spinning around like that lass from The Exorcist and they started spitting feathers.

I'm sure they'll be along in a minute to tell you that DC is a respectable and successful businessman and that Westwood and Hutchinson are saint like and couldn't possibly have done anything amiss (just by chance that two managers have dropped them innit)

10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Maybe Fletcher has agreed a contract for next season but holding off to see if we are staying in the Championship first.

I think more likely would be he’d spout the sort of stuff Atherton and Nolan spouted before our relegation from the Premier League... “we are just focussing on getting as many wins for Wednesday as possible and not thinking about our contracts” etc.

Also how would we know a 12 point deduction is likely? Isn’t it an independent panel that decides the punishment? Given the EFL’s inconsistency shown on previous punishments and the suspended points deduction Bolton got, I think it’s anyone’s guess what would happen in the event of us being found guilty.

• Like 1

Backs up alot of things we have heard and the bad eggs in the group seem to have shown their heads again. Good riddance in the summer start again with a fresh 3 year plan we will.be better for it in the long run maybe without chansiri too 

The EFL can't know the points deduction unless the indepenent panel has already sat. At best the EFL might expect it to be 12 points but the panel has rarely (if ever) agreed. Most of their punishments have been less than the EFL have wanted.

I'm not suggesting that the OP hasn't posted what he has heard just that this bit doesn't seem plausible.

It does my head that the club is really in a mess and fans come on here with an “ I told you so” smarmy attitude towards other fans before we even get to the end of page 4.

Why try and gain kudos out of the demise of our club.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Good OP and totally inline with everything I've heard too, especially the bit about employee's disliking DC.

Last week I worked for a guy I've known for years - great bloke, diehard Wednesday fan and in charge of selling executive boxes at the club, a job he'd done since the PL days.

He left three weeks after Chansiri arrived so no new ITK info, but he left as DC was basically telling him how to do his job, while doubling the cost of the boxes. Reckons he did well to last three weeks - about 30 left around the same time. He's now at another local EFL club and loving it.

Can remember telling this story around the time it happened and being met with 'he's dragging us into the 21st century' etc. Five years on and there are STILL people supportive of his record. Absolutely bonkers.

Loving it at Barnsley?

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Aye, but DC passed the Great Chairman Test, innit?

1. His name is not Dave Allen.

2. He's never lived in a care home.

3. He's got a bit of dosh to throw around.

4. If 1, 2 and 3 are fulfilled, every other factor can be ignored.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

The OP makes sense. Not sure about the players having already been told of a points deduction though. Why would you tell them early? Always likely to be a de-motivator. 

I'd agree, although nothing would surprise me.  That said, if it's not come from the club, you can guarantee some of the Players have been talking to their Agents asking what they know about the situation.  An "assumption" from one players agent, could well become gospel amongst the playing staff, even when there is no real substance to it.  

2 minutes ago, torres said:

So ITK now means rewrite in one post what everyone has already read in various other threads 

Yes it just looks like a handy round up of whats already going round the rumour mill but with no actual substance.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He won't be doing it for free!

But it certainly does not suggest that he is unhappy at Hillsborough and wants away from the "toxic" club.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Yes it just looks like a handy round up of whats already going round the rumour mill but with no actual substance.

Thought the OP put it across very well and explained where and how he had come by it, and does not appear to be attention seeking.

if all the points are indeed true, and have got out one by one, then the summary would be a round up of all that has been rumoured previously.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"