My First ITK

3 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

If I bought a curry for £35 and was told it cost £8 to assemble the ingredients, I'd expect the chef to welcome me personally to the seat and produce the most amazing tikka masala I've ever had.

If he served up a flat onion bhaji, mouldy rice and gave me a wobbly chair I'd say I'd been ripped off.

Which player is the flat onion bhaji lol?

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

If I bought a curry for £35 and was told it cost £8 to assemble the ingredients, I'd expect the chef to welcome me personally to the seat and produce the most amazing tikka masala I've ever had.

If he served up a flat onion bhaji, mouldy rice and gave me a wobbly chair I'd say I'd been ripped off.

If he intended to serve you the best curry that you'd ever had but the chef turned didn't perform as expected he's still not ripping you off.

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

If they spent too much on ingredients they would be under a transfer embhaji 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

If he intended to serve you the best curry that you'd ever had but the chef turned didn't perform as expected he's still not ripping you off.

EH???!!

Of course he is!!

By your logic there shouldn’t be anything other than five star reviews then

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

LIf the points deduction piece was so clean-cut then why did the EFL agree to arbitration over dealing with the situation themselves?

If what is mentioned about telling the players about a points deduction being nailed on, then the club are completely stupid. Why demotivate what was a side that was doing well? Why would you de-rail your own season when at best you could continue to make points ahead of any possible sanction. 

I imagine being upfront gives them a target for safety. 

Considering how leaky the EFL and football is with regard to information I imagine overblown rumours of the points deduction in question could have had more of a detrimental effect.

Imagine how they'd be if they heard and spread a rumour that we were getting 21 points deducted. 

Personally, in our situation the club have to be honest with their employees.

Now it's time for so called men to knuckle down and fight for the club. 

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What about all the other clubs that have also managed it with prices lower than ours?

You know...

Literally every single other club to have got promoted from this division..

Still trying to derail me? Is it a rip off if the money has not been for anyone's gain, but was asked for to increase the chances of promotion by investing in a better quality squad?  Maybe a bad plan cos we dint get promoted, but not really a rip off.

ps I know I am on a hiding to nothing re ticket prices as they are too high, just dont see that he has done it to rip us off, just needed us to contribute more.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest LondonOwl313
6 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I wondered if the points deduction stuff was the catalyst for the bad run. Obviously the question then is when did the players find out? Was it at Stoke with 6 minutes to go? Cos this bad run started with that match. They stood up and beat Leeds, probably cos even the players hate Leeds and they managed to beat a shockingly poor Charlton side. During that game we saw glimpses of togetherness and spirit. The players should have upped their game to ensure a points deduction didn't cost us a playoff place. 12 points could easily be the spread between 3rd and 6th. If that's the reason for our horrific run then they're more spineless than I thought.

Orlando has been on here years. I'd say he has nothing to gain by making stuff up. His mates mate may have but everything he says either rings true/makes sense or is stuff people have been saying for a while now. 

I'm slowly accepting the fact that I'm gonna have a very expensive league 1 season ticket. 

We were dreadful against Bristol at home in the game before the Stoke one but managed to win 1-0 with a late pen. That was the first game Fletcher missed... it's probably linked to us having a poor style of hoof ball and only one striker with the physical attributes and quality to make it work. Toothless without him in that style, then form and confidence went

47 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

Why wasn’t Monk allowed to bring in new staff straight away? Doesn’t contribute to FFP?

As far as I'm aware wages for training staff are included in the P & S calculations. There may be an exception for academy staff.

6 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Still trying to derail me? Is it a rip off if the money has not been for anyone's gain, but was asked for to increase the chances of promotion by investing in a better quality squad?  Maybe a bad plan cos we dint get promoted, but not really a rip off.

ps I know I am on a hiding to nothing re ticket prices as they are too high, just dont see that he has done it to rip us off, just needed us to contribute more.

Not trying to derail you mate simply pointing out that you might just have fallen for the PR/Spin of needing to contribute more as a fan when the reality is that no other club that’s been promoted has ever done the same EVER

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not trying to derail you mate simply pointing out that you might just have fallen for the PR/Spin of needing to contribute more as a fan when the reality is that no other club that’s been promoted has ever done the same EVER

We charged average  prices for tickets if I remember rightly before DC arrived and still didn't go up.

How much has the rise in ticket prices made the club since 2015? 

Does that amount 100% cover the rise in transfer fees and wages in that time?

We were led to believe ticket prices had to go up to help us buy better players - did our extra money do that?

Or - as I suspect - did it bring in an amount of money that was negligible compared to the money spent on wages. In which case it was completely unneccessary.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So is that proof that we have been ripped off and that DC has siphoned money away for his own gain?

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Just now, Striggy said:

So is that proof that we have been ripped off and that DC has siphoned money away for his own gain?

Not suggesting that Chansiri has made a single penny out of things - not at all

But I am saying that price increases for success are a total MYTH that has been sold to faithful passionate believers in the PR of the club

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Who has said anything about the latter?! There doesn't have to be an ulterior motive for a rip off to occur.