My First ITK

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

Why would anyone quote a price range?

Surely you'd just give a figure, not a min-max?

Sounds a little too 'Football Manager' game to me.

*goes into shop*

"I'll sell you that can of pop for £1-£3"

"OK, I'll give you £1 for it"

"But I want £3"

"You've already said you'd take £1 for it in your pricing range, why would I then give you the top of that range instead?"

"Oh yeah"

Sounds likebollix to me lol

4 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Good for you and thank you for posting that, the majority of things on there are things I know from people at the club, I’ve posted about them previously without saying I’m ITK because I couldn’t be bothered with the grief on here, fair play to you, the points deduction one is something I was ridiculed for, I think people need to realise how badly the club is run and the trouble the club is in .

I've said the club is being badly run for years mate, nothing new here.

I've also been told by a very good source from within the professional game that it's going to be 12 points and the club have known this for some time.

The worrying thing for me is the bringing forward of the renewal dates for STs and how this relates to what the club knew and when.

If it is 12 points I will be making a complaint to the Serious Fraud Office in relation to Chansiri, because if the club did bring the renewal date forward due to the points deduction then it's just plain fraud.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

Thanks for the response, you obviously have an understanding of the process, so if the efl lose the arbitration hearing is that case closed or would they be able to charge us again but in a legal way? 

If we lose the hearing do we proceed to the disciplinary hearing to argue whether we have broken the rules.? 

Way I understand it was that the arbitration regarding Swfc's counter claim on the lawfulness of the charges was first.(derby are making same argument on their charges, not heard of any arbitration for them but likely it will depend on result of our test of this argument)

If we lose (or have lost it) then we would have to separately defend the charges at the disapliniary hearing.

Given above and the comments last week from Biggs that the arbitration proceedings were in a jam with the lawyers don't see how 2nd can even of started yet.

It's entirely possible that we know what point deduction we are likely facing if lose all the cases but that's not same as saying that it is inevitable.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

One thing I never get is how people/club/players have been told about this impending points decision?

Don't we have to go through the courts/independent process first? 

Also why would Bannan be talking about still making the play-offs very, very recently???

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Also why would Bannan be talking about still making the play-offs very, very recently??

Because it's only what will happen if we lose?

Players/club may well be aware that the points deduction EFL are pushing for is 12 points.

Problem here is lack of communication from club, could have easily made a brief statement to update fans along lines of arbitration still ongoing etc but silence leads to rumours and half truths.

6 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I've said the club is being badly run for years mate, nothing new here.

I've also been told by a very good source from within the professional game that it's going to be 12 points and the club have known this for some time.

The worrying thing for me is the bringing forward of the renewal dates for STs and how this relates to what the club knew and when.

If it is 12 points I will be making a complaint to the Serious Fraud Office in relation to Chansiri, because if the club did bring the renewal date forward due to the points deduction then it's just plain fraud.

Please explain how anybody, in the professional game or otherwise, can know the outcome of an independent disciplinary panel hearing that nobody even knows is going to take place or not yet?  

• Thanks 1

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

Please explain how anybody, in the professional game or otherwise, can know the outcome of an independent disciplinary panel hearing that nobody even knows is going to take place or not yet?  

If club have known punishment is inevitable before they have even had opportunity to defend the charges then the hearing is hardly independent or fair?

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Because it's only what will happen if we lose?

Players/club may well be aware that the points deduction EFL are pushing for is 12 points.

Problem here is lack of communication from club, could have easily made a brief statement to update fans along lines of arbitration still ongoing etc but silence leads to rumours and half truths.

But the EFL don't decide the punishment, it is decided by a independent disciplinary panel, see the Bolton punishment and subsequent appeal by the EFL to see how much influence the EFL have in the punishment.

Wouldn't surprise me I'd DC is trying to sell BEFORE the EFL shaft us knowing any points deduction will drastically weaken his hand when it comes to the asking price. Personally I don't think anyone will touch us with a bargepole before the EFL has had a piece of us. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Wouldn't surprise me I'd DC is trying to sell BEFORE the EFL shaft us knowing any points deduction will drastically weaken his hand when it comes to the asking price. Personally I don't think anyone will touch us with a bargepole before the EFL has had a piece of us. 

He'll no doubt be asking for some absurd price. Plus do we really trust him to hand us over to someone competent? 

Whole thing is a poo show tbh

6 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I have been on here many years but never been ITK with stuff. However, today is the day after nearly a decade on Owlstalk that I join the highly esteemed likes of The Bizzle, Big Guns, Penguin and John Bloodaxe in being truly ITK. 

One of my friends (not an Owl) works at another Championship club and a guy who he knows from university currently works for us (I won't say the role but it is with the first team and U23). They met last week and got talking about Wednesday as he knows my family are all supporters and season ticket holders. This is what he passed on to me, some of it is very obvious stuff we can all guess, but some other things might be surprising.

- The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- There are some divisions within the dressing room 

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him 

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays

Most it seems pretty plausible and nothing too groundbreaking. Enjoy garymegson

Inconsistency would suggest your ITK is not ITK

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

He'll no doubt be asking for some absurd price. Plus do we really trust him to hand us over to someone competent? 

Whole thing is a poo show tbh

Relegation would probably halve the clubs value at a guess. 

6 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I have been on here many years but never been ITK with stuff. However, today is the day after nearly a decade on Owlstalk that I join the highly esteemed likes of The Bizzle, Big Guns, Penguin and John Bloodaxe in being truly ITK. 

One of my friends (not an Owl) works at another Championship club and a guy who he knows from university currently works for us (I won't say the role but it is with the first team and U23). They met last week and got talking about Wednesday as he knows my family are all supporters and season ticket holders. This is what he passed on to me, some of it is very obvious stuff we can all guess, but some other things might be surprising.

- The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- There are some divisions within the dressing room 

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him 

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays

Most it seems pretty plausible and nothing too groundbreaking. Enjoy garymegson

You will have to watch it with this because a national newspaper reported it as well and immediately on here because DC did not say it, it was lies when in reality it sounds exactly what DC does.

if half of this is true it is very worrying. 

But as long as the die hards keep paying the prices nothing will change.

Wednesday is in peoples blood its what they do though thin and thinner but we need DC to loss a lot of money and get lost - we have never had a worse chairman and I don't think we have bottomed out yet things will get worse if he stays.

I'm now hoping the sale of the ground isn't allowed to go through. 

The last thing we need is another of DC's 'cunning plans', where he sells us and then charges the new owners rent.

Although if you can't sell an executive box the whole flipping club is highly unlikely.

• Haha 1