My First ITK

1 hour ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Fair insight to the situation

We live in hope he does sell up

I don’t think for a second he will find anyone to pay what he expects though 

We’ll just plod on, aimlessly down the league, appointing manager after manager to deflect the blame away from the real problem

If the OP is right then the bit of information that I heard and dismissed could be true...that DC is in talks with an Indian billionaire to sell the club to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I have been on here many years but never been ITK with stuff. However, today is the day after nearly a decade on Owlstalk that I join the highly esteemed likes of The Bizzle, Big Guns, Penguin and John Bloodaxe in being truly ITK. 

One of my friends (not an Owl) works at another Championship club and a guy who he knows from university currently works for us (I won't say the role but it is with the first team and U23). They met last week and got talking about Wednesday as he knows my family are all supporters and season ticket holders. This is what he passed on to me, some of it is very obvious stuff we can all guess, but some other things might be surprising.

- The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- There are some divisions within the dressing room 

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him 

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays

Most it seems pretty plausible and nothing too groundbreaking. Enjoy garymegson

I always badger my mate who gives me info, some I put on here and some I don't, when you do like a player we're interested in and we don't sign them, it's embarrassing lol 

All of the above is believable and thanks for sharing mate 

Just to point out that if we let Rhodes go to Celtic without a loan fee it would end up costing us more as we still owe Boro for him, so that's why we asked for the loan fee last min (why this wasn't discovered earlier is beyond me)

I think DC is fed up, you not remember him at the press conference when he introduced Monk? He sees this as, leave it to Monk to sort, just get the average of the squad down and get rid of big earners, don't expect many to still be here next season, but them wanting Monk out will be disappointed, he'll be here for a while unless things get really toxic.

Points deduction inevitable imo, this is why we can't take our foot off the gas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Thought the OP put it across very well and explained where and how he had come by it, and does not appear to be attention seeking.

if all the points are indeed true, and have got out one by one, then the summary would be a round up of all that has been rumoured previously.

That is exactly what it is 

With the massive scoop that everyone likes our top scorer!!!

It's as if Biggs himself has written it

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If the OP is right then the bit of information that I heard and dismissed could be true...that DC is in talks with an Indian billionaire to sell the club to him.

We will soon get through that billion. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

They didn't make their fortune by selling chicken based goods, did they? 

• Haha 3

I've heard from a reliable source that Hutchinson, unhappy at being a bit part player, told Monk he'd come off 'injured' if called upon, which he did in the last game he played for us and hasn't played since. Take it with a grain of salt but I trust who told me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Lakshmi Mittal ?????

Indian born steel magnate based in the United Kingdom. Chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steelmaking company. Mittal owns 38% of ArcelorMittal 

and holds an 11% stake in Queens Park Rangers F.C.

Would fit in with the idea of " The Steel City " and has some previous knowledge of football.

BTW I am NOT ITK. it's just a plausible hunch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torres said:

That is exactly what it is 

With the massive scoop that everyone likes our top scorer!!!

It's as if Biggs himself has written it

Do not think it is a scoop at all, just a report of what he has heard, posted on an internet forum that is mainly made up of rumours, just don't see the need to round on the OP and rubbish it!

• Thanks 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

2 minutes ago, FordGT40 said:

I've heard from a reliable source that Hutchinson, unhappy at being a bit part player, told Monk he'd come off 'injured' if called upon, which he did in the last game he played for us and hasn't played since. Take it with a grain of salt but I trust who told me.

QPR game? 

1 hour ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Fair insight to the situation

We live in hope he does sell up

I don’t think for a second he will find anyone to pay what he expects though 

We’ll just plod on, aimlessly down the league, appointing manager after manager to deflect the blame away from the real problem

And you can guarantee the same lemmings will be trotting out the old "you weren't slagging him off at Wembley" line as we fall into League 2.

The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc – This wont be know outside the EFL I’m sure and they can’t really make a decision whilst an appeal is in place

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there – He’s hardly here as his visa limits the time he can spend in the UK, the club were losing £5m a year before he took over, a shakeup to stop that is bound to upset staff (some of whom will have been in cosy positions)

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again Obvious due to FFP

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side Ok

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character Ok

- There are some divisions within the dressing room Happens at most clubs

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him Ok

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay We still owe ‘Boro so have to recoup something

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer Be difficult if your third point is true

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC Obvious

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays This would be sensible

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

QPR game? 

Not sure mate, can't say I've been following as closely as I used to, was just told he came off 'injured' in his last game and hasn't played since.

Edit: A quick Google and yep, looks like the QPR game.

Edited by FordGT40

2 minutes ago, FordGT40 said:

Not sure mate, can't say I've been following as closely as I used to, was just told he came off 'injured' in his last game and hasn't played since.

Edit: A quick Google and yep, looks like the QPR game.

I remember something going off during that game. 

The commentators mentioned something about him being injured. 

Funnily enough. I've heard that Hutchinson has all but agreed to join QPR in the summer. His house is up for sale and so forth. 

Could be complete bo11ocks, but I think there is absolutely no chance he will play again for Sheffield Wednesday. Same goes for his mate. 

23 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I think more likely would be he’d spout the sort of stuff Atherton and Nolan spouted before our relegation from the Premier League... “we are just focussing on getting as many wins for Wednesday as possible and not thinking about our contracts” etc.

Also how would we know a 12 point deduction is likely? Isn’t it an independent panel that decides the punishment? Given the EFL’s inconsistency shown on previous punishments and the suspended points deduction Bolton got, I think it’s anyone’s guess what would happen in the event of us being found guilty.

If the efl win the arbitration case then the 12 points will be a minimum. It will surely mean that the stadium sale will not be allowed in the 17-18 accounts thus smashing the upper limit off 3 year losses and leaving them with no option but to follow the punishment rules that are already in place. 

Wether we also get a misconduct punishment is anyone's guess. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

DC has never spent much time here as his visa doesn't allow him to so the fact that he's not at the club much doesn't really prove lack of interest to be fair.

But not having a CEO Officer around whilst he’s not here is neglecting the duty of care he has for the club.

26 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

I always badger my mate who gives me info, some I put on here and some I don't, when you do like a player we're interested in and we don't sign them, it's embarrassing lol

All of the above is believable and thanks for sharing mate 

Just to point out that if we let Rhodes go to Celtic without a loan fee it would end up costing us more as we still owe Boro for him, so that's why we asked for the loan fee last min (why this wasn't discovered earlier is beyond me)

I think DC is fed up, you not remember him at the press conference when he introduced Monk? He sees this as, leave it to Monk to sort, just get the average of the squad down and get rid of big earners, don't expect many to still be here next season, but them wanting Monk out will be disappointed, he'll be here for a while unless things get really toxic.

Points deduction inevitable imo, this is why we can't take our foot off the gas.

How would that work with losing money? Surely if he's wages are taken care of its a case of cutting your losses down? 

14 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

If the efl win the arbitration case then the 12 points will be a minimum. It will surely mean that the stadium sale will not be allowed in the 17-18 accounts thus smashing the upper limit off 3 year losses and leaving them with no option but to follow the punishment rules that are already in place. 

Wether we also get a misconduct punishment is anyone's guess. 

Arbitration case has nothing to do with whether the sale should be allowed or not.  It also whichever way it's resolved does not have any baring whether the club has broken rules etc.

The case is whether the EFL bringing the charges in the first place is lawful.

Until the charges hearing is held following arbitration hearing then no way I f knowing punishment which would only be decided after the hearing.

Thing with rumours is that it ends up being like Chinese whispers, where a initial case of players being warned that we could end up with 12 points ends up with players informed 12 points inevitable.