Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

5 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Young dynamic players

:duntmatter:

Ha ha. They can't all be though. And probably a fair few of the type we want won't join a club that will most likely be in League 1 next season.

Hopefully all these CBs being linked are a sign there  at least contingencies if Iorfa is going. 

Like Patterson, Flint is a horrible git to play against, uses all the tricks in the book. Exactly the type of signing we need. A back three of Big Dom, Flint and one other. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Battler too. We need them this season. Still think we’re too much of a soft touch. 

Your absolutely right we are a soft touch, nothing against Tom Lees he’s been excellent this season but I’d bet good money that if Flint goes down with 5 mins to go against QPR, he battles on and is there to head that cross away. 
As a team we have too many nicey nice players Luongo has a nasty streak in him and I dare Paterson will do as well. We need more!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Flint is 31, slow, and has moved for big money twice so will be on wages to match. Jake Clarke-Salter all day for me.

This ^

Flint was decent but he's lost his pace and his effectiveness. He'd be on big wages and although he's got experience, leadership and nous, we'd be better off going for players like Sanderson and Clarke-Salter.

We can see how valuable Iorfa is to us with his pace, if we lost that pace at the back and replaced it with slow players, then the opposition would exploit us using pace. We already have the likes of Lees, Van Aken and Borner, we need more pace at the back. 

• Like 1